Author Topic: IWM Marauder MAD-9W2  (Read 1473 times)

pupecki

• Sergeant
IWM Marauder MAD-9W2
« on: 02 August 2019, 09:20:09 »
Not sure if this should be posted here or in the hobby tips and tricks section, so feel free to move it if it’s in the wrong area.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether the jump jets on the back of the MAD-9W2 mini from IWM are separate pieces or if they are sculpted on. I’m looking to use it as a MAD-3M stand-in, but if the vents on the back aren’t removable I will just use the MAD-9D mini instead.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
Re: IWM Marauder MAD-9W2
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2019, 09:23:48 »
separate pieces. the 9W2 and 7D/9D are the same model apart from the accoutrements

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

pupecki

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2019, 10:00:47 »
separate pieces. the 9W2 and 7D/9D are the same model apart from the accoutrements

That’s great, thanks!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2019, 14:26:10 »
You are making a Marauder 3M?  Are you aware of the Kickstarter that is bringing the Marauder 3R to life?  Its going to look very different than the Phoenix models, and you could always redo the dorsal gun to be 'energy.'
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2019, 18:02:30 »
<snip>... you could always redo the dorsal gun to be 'energy.'

The -3M swaps the PPCs for Large Lasers. No reason to convert the dorsal gun, as it would still be an AC-5... And if someone wanted an easy bash to differentiate the LLs from the originals, they could just add a little tubing into the PPC muzzles...

Caz

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #5 on: 03 August 2019, 20:21:24 »
Yeah, I was thinking of the -3D and for some reason thought the -3M reversed it.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

pupecki

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2019, 01:14:00 »
I know I’m in the minority on this one but the original marauder is one of my least favorite looking mechs, and I don’t like to mix plastic and metal within the same force. Just a personal preference thing

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2019, 02:36:30 »
Whatever floats your boat . . . if its metal, then have you looked at the MAD-4X?  It was supposed to be a Marik build and sort of linked to the -9M and -9M2 . . . used one to make my own 9M2 for the HPPCs, I know some people have used them to make 3R/3D/3M versions.  The boxy Marauder arms they put out a few years ago might work out well.
Colt Ward

Register