Author Topic: Fate of the 3rd Pesht Regulars  (Read 4585 times)

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
Fate of the 3rd Pesht Regulars
« on: 21 March 2012, 21:03:53 »
As you may of guesed.. I want to know about what happened to the 3rd Pesht Regulars.

In 3025 they where the personal unit of Warlord Kester Hsiun Chi so I would assume they are a fairly important unit. In 3050 they are stationed on Pesht (per 20yr update p42)... after that I can't find any references to them.

Decoy

• Captain
Re: Fate of the 3rd Pesht Regulars
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2012, 21:10:52 »
IIRC they were destroyed in the second half of the Clan Invasion. They and the 11th Pesht were merged into a single unit that fought under Hohiro's command until Vic arrived to save him.

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2012, 02:17:03 »
The Third and Eleventh Pesht Regulars was effectively wiped out on Teniente in january 3052 as the world came under attack by Clan Nova Cat, who sent two assault clusters to take the world.

Hohiro assumed command after both regiments had been decimated trying to fight using zellbrigen, and assumed an guerilla campaign that Prince Victor Steiner-Davion had to extract him from, at Omi's behest. The small number of survivors which was extracted was probably reassigned to other units.

With regards,
Øystein
Strategic Assistant

O5P_Ghost

• Warrant Officer
  • DR? NSR? Doesn't matter, I'm the one with the HMG!
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2012, 15:06:34 »
Also the 3rd Proserpina Hussars became the 3rd Pesht Regulars in 3085.

grumble grumble grumble.

Maybe they'll be back to Proserpina Hussars in FM 3150 since that world comes back in the Dragon's Embrace by then.
User formally known as Snowfire
"Because the Draconis Combine is the greatest, strongest nation-state the universe has ever seen, and it is the destiny of House Kurita to rule over all of humanity. The people of the Federated Suns can accept this or be made to accept it." MapCapellan

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2012, 15:19:55 »
Something tells me that Proserpina rejoining the Combine won't be enough for the new 3rd Pesht to regain it's name.

O5P_Ghost

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2012, 16:24:30 »
But we didn't do anything wrong. It was those traitors in the 1st!
"Because the Draconis Combine is the greatest, strongest nation-state the universe has ever seen, and it is the destiny of House Kurita to rule over all of humanity. The people of the Federated Suns can accept this or be made to accept it." MapCapellan

Marwynn

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 23 March 2012, 09:12:43 »
But we didn't do anything wrong. It was those traitors in the 1st!

Innocence proves nothing!

Colodie

• Corporal
  • Hohohoho
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2012, 21:04:42 »
Although really, if the 6th Benjamin and 2nd Sword of Light get rebuilt...

There's no reason the 3rd Proserpina shouldn't

Alain Dumont

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Luxor
« Reply #8 on: 29 March 2012, 16:20:10 »
I must've missed something; what happens to Proserpina in 3085?

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #9 on: 29 March 2012, 18:50:25 »
It becomes part of the Republic of the Sphere.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Alain Dumont

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Luxor
« Reply #10 on: 30 March 2012, 14:22:34 »
Oh duh, I knew that.   :-[

O5P_Ghost

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 30 March 2012, 15:37:34 »
Why we still have no idea as the planet was never Hegemony and was Drac before there even was a Dragon (the Hussars were a Tank regiment that Shiro used). I'd like to get some background on that move.

Alain Dumont

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Luxor
« Reply #12 on: 30 March 2012, 19:10:11 »
No idea how accurate it is, but my perception was simply that, unlike Sun-Tzu, the Dracs drank the Kool-Aid.

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 30 March 2012, 20:03:28 »
The Combine drove a hard bargain for their worlds. They're making the Republic help foot the bill to rebuild their military.

Alain Dumont

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Luxor
« Reply #14 on: 30 March 2012, 20:19:28 »
Sun-Tzu's letting the Republic help train his military....    >:D

Marwynn

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 30 March 2012, 21:44:39 »
The heavily damaged worlds were given to the Republic. They can rebuild it, and I believe there are agreements for the Kuritans to purchase a percentage of the planets' output. So the Combine shrinks, has to defend less worlds while someone else foots the bill for repairing some of their more industrialized worlds.

Colodie

• Corporal
  • Hohohoho
« Reply #16 on: 30 March 2012, 22:11:33 »
Yes, but I haven't heard of any fighting on Proserpina during the Jihad, and Objectives Draconis Combine lists both factories on planet as having 0% losses running at 100% capability.

Marwynn

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 30 March 2012, 23:55:01 »
Exactly. The Combine has to give a little, and the Republic doesn't want a mostly operational world in the Dragon's clutches.

So the Combine agrees to hand over Prosperina and other such worlds in exchange for the chance to purchase the output from other, more damaged, Hegemony-era factory worlds. Also, it would have been a key world that the Davions would surely want to strike, so saves the DCMS some effort in keeping it safe, and serves Stone's agenda of creating peace.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 31 March 2012, 01:46:59 »
The decision to hand over the world was probably also heavily influenced by the planet's populations' desire to get out of the struggle between the DC and the FS.  Every time they fought for control of the planet, Proserpina's civilian population suffered.  Two of the planet's continents have been rendered uninhabitable due to WMDs.  Siding with the RotS was that always elusive third option that they have previously lacked.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.