Author Topic: New Novels  (Read 2826 times)

tonyintrpd

New Novels
« on: 04 April 2011, 21:15:55 »
Hey guys, OMG it has been so long since I have been here. Got married and a family and such… not played in ages and have read a Btech book in even longer. That said I got really excited last fall when I read Coleman was coming out with a new book and Catalyst Game Labs would be starting a new line of Btech books. This really got me excited about Btech again, now I cant find any kind of release date, it was December 2010, nothing. Any news??

Many Thanks,
Tony

OverKill

• Lieutenant
  • Marauder MAD-3D "Guan-Yu"
Re: New Novels
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2011, 12:28:00 »
I'd love details on this too... Sig would probably be the dude to talk to as the guy knows just about everything to do with the books, how to find them, what good prices are etc. etc.
Colonel Mason Grimm
Grimm Reaper Company (Grimm's Reapers)
Piloting: Marauder MAD-3D - Guan-Yu
We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye!

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2011, 13:49:23 »
No news nor are we going to get any news until we have street dates. Asked and answered several times in the same manner.

tonyintrpd

« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2011, 20:42:12 »
Hey has there been any word on the new novels??

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2011, 22:07:36 »
 :'(

Yeah - Don't ask, its not coming soon.  The rights and publications are tied up, and according to some of the last of Herb's live interviews with the fan base, Catalyst just doesn't know when its going to happen.

<Chunga>: I'll apologize in advance if this has been asked already, but what is the status of the novel line? They've not been mentioned in many months anymore. Were they cancelled or hung up with the troubles last year?
<Habeas2>: Chunga - While we still have no news to report on the novels front, CGL remains committed to getting BattleTech novels back into print in the future. Unfirtunately, there's a few hurdles we have to get by in order to make it happen.

<skumm>: is there any way ot reserve a box set for say origins? Been intending to get one there anyway
<Habeas2>: Skumm - I am afraid box sets at the cons are strictl first come-first served. Fast sellers tend to get rationed to ensure the company has product to show for the entire con.

<skumm>: are the dark age novels considered canon Herb?
<Habeas2>: Skumm - Yes
<Habeas2>: Some details may not be accurate, due to in-character biases and perceptions, but they are canon

<xtrahmxwohld>: will there be more new novels in ePub format pending getting them in print?
<Habeas2>: Xtrahmxwohld - It is quite possible. We are exploring other fiction avenues, but I can't get into specifics right now

<xtrahmxwohld>: are there any novels actively being worked on in hopes of getting them out?
<Habeas2>: Xtrahmxwohld - As long as the status of novels lies in limbo we really can't, in good conscience, hire novelists to write anything. There are, however, outlines of several books prepared to cover the major story arcs coming up.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Register