Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread IV - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 59103 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread IV - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #510 on: 28 March 2024, 15:41:08 »
this is the correct place and so is your observation. unsure where the 2029 value came from but it is now fixed, thanks

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #511 on: 28 March 2024, 15:55:34 »
this is the correct place and so is your observation. unsure where the 2029 value came from but it is now fixed, thanks

Thanks to you! Happy to help

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #512 on: 28 March 2024, 15:57:43 »
I see the BV at MUL is now 2767. I suppose that means the value at the RS is also wrong?

DoubleScion

• Recruit
« Reply #513 on: 29 March 2024, 09:05:44 »
Hi there! In Era Report 3062, bottom of pg. 149, the RAT shows that Clan Steel Viper, Clan Nova Cat, and Clan Diamond Shark have the Canis and Thunder Stallion, but it is not available to them on MUL. Clan Wolf also has the Canis on that same page (but not the Thunder Stallion).

Canis: http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/459/canis
Thunder Stallion: http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/3224/thunder-stallion

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #514 on: 30 March 2024, 09:58:59 »
I see the BV at MUL is now 2767. I suppose that means the value at the RS is also wrong?

No the RS is fine I was looking at the wrong data. I’ll update it when I get to a real computer

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #515 on: 30 March 2024, 10:45:37 »
I just noticed that the BVs listed for all the Aries variants on the MUL differ from the ones printed in TRO 3145.  Was that a mistake or did the BV calculations get changed at some point?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List

Moragion

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #517 on: 30 March 2024, 12:03:44 »
No the RS is fine I was looking at the wrong data. I’ll update it when I get to a real computer

Thanks Sartris for all the good work.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #518 on: 31 March 2024, 13:14:28 »
A time traveling Gunslinger GUN-2ERDr MechWarrior appears to have founded the Republic of the Sphere before its appointed time.
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/1350/gunslinger-gun-2erdr

Noticed the Republic faction page leads to Jihad era availability, after filtering out IS General this guy was left. I would think RotS is not meant to appear in Jihad era at all, or have link to that era in their faction page.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #519 on: 31 March 2024, 14:26:31 »
Looks like it was inadvertently added to jihad when other eras were populated for RotS. Removed

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #520 on: 01 April 2024, 11:19:50 »
Hi there! In Era Report 3062, bottom of pg. 149, the RAT shows that Clan Steel Viper, Clan Nova Cat, and Clan Diamond Shark have the Canis and Thunder Stallion, but it is not available to them on MUL. Clan Wolf also has the Canis on that same page (but not the Thunder Stallion).

Canis: http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/459/canis
Thunder Stallion: http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/3224/thunder-stallion

"secondary invader" is sort of a mishmash. the Canis and Thunder Stallion were only produced for a very short time and only in the homeworlds their position on the RAT was likely meant to reflect low quantity salvage. if a proper coyote RAT appeared in this volume it would feature the canis more prominently.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #521 on: 02 April 2024, 12:09:10 »
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5861/grasshopper-reynolds
Erroneously classified as Inner Sphere tech base. Should be mixed, has pure Clan laser armament.

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/4871/prometheus
Same here too, mixed tech.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #522 on: 02 April 2024, 15:11:52 »
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5861/grasshopper-reynolds
Erroneously classified as Inner Sphere tech base. Should be mixed, has pure Clan laser armament.

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/4871/prometheus
Same here too, mixed tech.

Thanks.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

ocherstone

• Sergeant
« Reply #523 on: 03 April 2024, 16:18:31 »
The MUL lists the Luxor and Naga class vessels as available to the SLDF in Exile in the early SW period, but no later. TRO3057Revised is pretty clear on the numbers that survived (or didn't). Would the MUL be in error or can 3057R be assumed to be missing information? It looks like 3057R errata isn't being collected or listed anywhere I could find so sorry if this has been corrected already.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #524 on: 03 April 2024, 17:06:30 »
Naga: Mothballed units aren't in use, which doesn't count as in use. 3057r is written from ComStar's PoV so they wouldn't be aware of every ship taken on the Exodus that were later destroyed in the Pentagon Civil War or mothballed after the fact. If lists were limited to explicit text, they would be very small indeed. Sounds like something someone should write about it.

Luxor: This is explicit. Changed to extinct after the Star League era

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #525 on: 05 April 2024, 12:45:33 »
http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/2428/parash

A minor art thing. The Parash and Parash 2 entries appear to use the Parash 3's image from XTRORepublic3, rather than the original image from TRO3085. The Parash 3 is noted to have different looking head assembly in the XTRO for what it is worth.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
« Last Edit: 05 April 2024, 17:33:00 by Joel47 »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #527 on: 05 April 2024, 16:36:43 »
BV on the MUL follows the RS. Please report the BV error in the appropriate product thread

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #528 on: 11 April 2024, 11:39:29 »
Reposting MUL report from Nerroth that I accidentally deleted in the Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade errata thread:

Apologies in advance: I'm not sure if this is a MUL issue, or one with this volume itself.

Original release PDF, Page 19 - Personalities

Over on the Master Unit List website, it is possible to create custom Alpha Strike Unit Cards - say, by accounting for the Skill value of the pilot.

In this case, I tried generating a Unit Card for Khan Magon Scott's Warhawk Prime. The base unit is shown as having a Point Value of 52; the Khan is noted as having an AS pilot Skill of 1, which when fed into the MUL card generator results in a Point Value of 82. However, in OTP:HC itself, the PV is marked as 51 (81).

Further, on the MUL Unit Card, one of the Specials listed for this OmniMech is IF0*. However, this Special is not among those listed over on OTP:HC.

Which version of this unit would be correct?
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #529 on: 11 April 2024, 12:06:02 »
The Warhawk's IF0* was missing on the MUL for a time, when Hanseatic Crusader came out.  The MUL is currently correct (and the increased PV due to having IF0*).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #530 on: 11 April 2024, 12:07:54 »
Thanks for the clarification. (I was wondering if the "missing" IF0* and the difference in BV were connected in this instance...)

So as to avoid duplication, is it enough for the above errata answer to be left here; or would it need to be (re-)posted in the OTP:HC thread, so that it is not overlooked if or when that volume is being revised?
« Last Edit: 11 April 2024, 12:10:21 by Nerroth »

ArcFurnace

• Sergeant
« Reply #531 on: 13 April 2024, 21:15:28 »
The Clantech Pulverizer has a note of "Reintroduced in 3149" after going extinct in the Late Succession War era, but actually has availability listed for Clan Snow Raven / Raven Alliance starting from Jihad era up. Presumably this should only be Dark Age / ilClan? Alternately, the reintroduction date in the note is incorrect and should be changed, but at least one of those seems wrong.

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #532 on: 15 April 2024, 13:21:34 »
KCG-000b King Crab

According to this unit's MUL entry, Clan Goliath Scorpion had access to it through to the time of their Abjuration from the Homeworlds. At this time of typing, it is not available to the Imperio/Empire thereafter.

However, on page 6 of Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade, the Seeker Galaxy RAT has this unit listed as one of the 'Mechs liable to be rolled for by players seeking (ahem) to use that branch of the Imperio's touman - at least as of 3140.

Is this enough to adjust the unit's MUL entry so as to grant the Imperio access to it? And if so, might enough samples of this unit survive the Hanseatic Crusade to make it available to the Scorpion Empire through to the ilClan Era?

ocherstone

• Sergeant
« Reply #533 on: 17 April 2024, 12:36:34 »
I know of Objective Raids'...tenuous grasp on canonicity. Is the following enough to get the Achilles DropShip added to at least the Smoke Jaguar's invasion list?

Objective Raids: Page 113, Schuyler, Galileo Instruments

"The Clans favor the Achilles, however, and production of that Dropship will probably be accelerated."