Author Topic: Homebrew #14 the Thunderbolt!  (Read 978 times)

Ang Moh Siao

• Sergeant
Homebrew #14 the Thunderbolt!
« on: 02 May 2017, 07:27:14 »
I have to admit, I think that original unseen Thunderbolt miniature is unbearably crude, overly simplified, and looking only vaguely like the artwork..  I probably wouldn't have bought one even if they were still available in stores.  But I like the 'mech itself just fine, and I definitely like the way ol' Lopsides looks in his official yearbook pic.  So I decided to see if I could get closer myself.

Needs a nice, sturdy armature to hold that much clay.  Dude is a brick of a 'mech.

And here he is.  I have to say, I'm pretty satisfied with how this one turned out.  These totally asymmetrical 'mechs play right into my strengths when it comes to modelling and sculpting ability.

C.O. Gamma Company: First Singapore Irregulars
--Non calor sed umor est qui nobis incommodat--

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
Re: Homebrew #14 the Thunderbolt!
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2017, 12:02:43 »
Impressive work. Well done Ang!

Yep, the Thud is an ugly mech, but it is also quite the workhorse. An excellent multi bracket ranged mech.

Ang Moh Siao

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2017, 16:26:01 »
I'm gonna get this thug's off-center ugly mug onto the tabletop this Friday. I'm quite looking forward to all the 'all-ranges' carnage.
C.O. Gamma Company: First Singapore Irregulars
--Non calor sed umor est qui nobis incommodat--

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2017, 12:02:42 »
Cute little Thud! And i mean that, with the rounded appearance and smallish-looking stature, the only word i can use to describe it is cute.

Register