Author Topic: Elysian Fields  (Read 1966 times)

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
Elysian Fields
« on: 30 June 2012, 06:32:45 »
What I recall from Elysian Fields, it is small group of systems which has tech base for overhauling the JumpShips. This much is mentioned in novel Decision at Thunder Rift. The Periphery (sourcebook) has something about it, but I don't remember anything else other than few star dots in the map. What else do we know about this place and what are the sources? What are the space facilities that overhauled Tor's Invidious JumpShip?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Frabby

• Major
Re: Elysian Fields
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2012, 08:26:19 »
Four pleasant garden worlds, backwater and thinly settled. As of 3025, count as Oberon Confederation "protectorate". It's anybody's guess how much say the Elysian Fields had in this matter...
Hendrik Grimm III used the Elysian Fields as R&R planets for his DropShip crews, but I don't recall any mention of shipyards off-hand.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2012, 08:59:03 »
What I recall from Elysian Fields, it is small group of systems which has tech base for overhauling the JumpShips. This much is mentioned in novel Decision at Thunder Rift. The Periphery (sourcebook) has something about it, but I don't remember anything else other than few star dots in the map. What else do we know about this place and what are the sources? What are the space facilities that overhauled Tor's Invidious JumpShip?

What we know comes from the first Periphery sourcebook you mentioned (p.127).

There's some info about conquest of Elysian Fields during Operation Revival. See Invading Clans, p. 18.

However, this region of space is the center of the One Star Faith, so check Interstellar Players, p.76 for more details.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2012, 10:58:15 »
Aw Frak! I just opened and checked Decision at Thunder Rift, and it is NOT Elysian Fields where Tor's Invidious ended up but Drovahchein II...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.