Author Topic: Down at the holler--The Filtvelt Coalition Faction Page  (Read 33214 times)

RedMarauder

• Warrant Officer
  • It's time to 'Mech House!
Re: Down at the holler--The Filtvelt Coalition Faction Page
« Reply #30 on: 20 August 2011, 08:58:05 »
Do banjos count as tools of psychological warfare for the Fitveltians?
Save the Humans.

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #31 on: 20 August 2011, 16:14:26 »
I had a lot of respect for Filtvelt, it was featured very early in Miniature Rules...
Doug, we're fighting...
Maker of big things.

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
« Reply #32 on: 21 August 2011, 11:21:57 »
Do banjos count as tools of psychological warfare for the Fitveltians?
Only when used as a melee weapon. The washboard, on the other hand is a form of psychological torture
Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOM™

verybad

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 29 August 2011, 01:35:48 »
I had a lot of respect for Filtvelt, it was featured very early in Miniature Rules...

You Sir, have won this thread.

It would be interesting to see further development of Fitvelt. That area isn't being used so getting some new colonies or discovering some lostech or making some primitech factories making low end mechs would be intersting.
« Last Edit: 30 August 2011, 03:01:01 by verybad »
Let Miley lick the hammers!

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #34 on: 29 August 2011, 19:35:10 »
Well as of FR: Periphery Filtvelt is turning out some retro-tech mech designs and we get the nLRM carrier in TRO: Prototypes. I can't wait to see what our mechs look like, I assume they will show up in an upcoming XTRO. This also seems to put us on par with the Space Romans who got their retro-tech Centurion.
Maker of big things.

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #35 on: 25 January 2012, 13:16:52 »
So, going on the Filtvelt sections of FM3085, the main thing to note is that the Thumpers has become a part of the Filtvelt Citizens Militia. I also note that there are big dreams about quality and RCTs, but the reality interferes with those.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Gracus

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #36 on: 25 January 2012, 21:01:03 »
Reality can be like that.
Your stupid little opinion has been duly noted.

No. Shut up. And... *kicks you in the crotch*
Better?  Wink
- Herb

“Did you hear that?”
—Leonus Gracus, Mayor of Tripolus, 100km outside Nova Roma, 6 June 3071

cavalier1645

• Lieutenant
  • "Train the Force...OPFOR"
« Reply #37 on: 06 March 2012, 16:18:12 »
So, going on the Filtvelt sections of FM3085, the main thing to note is that the Thumpers has become a part of the Filtvelt Citizens Militia. I also note that there are big dreams about quality and RCTs, but the reality interferes with those.

Yes iam seriously surprised that the Fed Suns don't try to reabsorb them during the period of peace between Jihad and Dark Age.

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: 06 March 2012, 17:01:18 »
The DA map shows a significant part of Filtvelt having already rejoined the FS proper so I think things are headed in that direction. However, I wouldn't be surprised that some part of Filtvelt stays independent as long as the leadership and military hold up under the pressure.
Made by HikageMaru

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #39 on: 06 March 2012, 19:11:35 »
Yes, we do lose quite a bit of our nation to the mother country, that being said, most of the worlds left have the industry of the Coalition. We should also be a lot less pressed to defend our smaller nation with our existent military.
Maker of big things.

Stormcrow

• Major
« Reply #40 on: 07 March 2012, 00:23:28 »
Yes iam seriously surprised that the Fed Suns don't try to reabsorb them during the period of peace between Jihad and Dark Age.
By the Dark Age, Filtvelt has shrun from 23 worlds to just seven. I'm guessing most of them went over peacefully, probably though economic bribery or plain dissatisfaction with the Trempleau regime

Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire

cavalier1645

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: 24 March 2012, 11:02:22 »
By the Dark Age, Filtvelt has shrun from 23 worlds to just seven. I'm guessing most of them went over peacefully, probably though economic bribery or plain dissatisfaction with the Trempleau regime

And still my question, why didn't the Sun just finish them off if there just 7 worlds left? I seriously doubt they could stand up to Fed Suns.

Stormcrow

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 24 March 2012, 11:25:18 »
T Fed Suns has bigger fish to worry about like the Dracs, Cappies. Ravens and the RotS. I'm guessing that most (if not all) of the worlds that returned the Fed Suns did so rather peacefully. Bribery and extortion in the form of economic and veiled military threats. Also the FC government probvably could not live up to the potenial of their secession.

Noli Timure Messorem

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #43 on: 24 March 2012, 11:37:53 »
It seems to me that the 7 remaining are the "Big 7" the larger, better worlds, and most likely the ones that agitated more for succession. That being said, they really don't have much to offer the Suns so why face a bitter fought war for so little gain?
Maker of big things.

cavalier1645

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: 24 March 2012, 23:04:40 »
It seems to me that the 7 remaining are the "Big 7" the larger, better worlds, and most likely the ones that agitated more for succession. That being said, they really don't have much to offer the Suns so why face a bitter fought war for so little gain?

Because if you don't crush a rebel movement if festers and can lead to other anti-government groups to get "the wrong idea" and cause more sucession. 

And as for bitter fought war, I look at Filtvets military they wouldn't  stand much against a couple AFFS RCTs with Warship support.

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #45 on: 25 March 2012, 00:27:24 »
I would bet most of the worlds in the Suns are still way better off than the seven of the FC remaining in the 3130s. Besides, they have been independent for some 60 years by 3130, so any "encouragement" at this point is likely moot. I also doubt the Suns would bother sending 2 RCTs and their extremely rare Warships. Let economic/social pressures do the job. Besides, maybe the Suns like having a buffer between them and pirates?
Maker of big things.

MadVoorpak

• Master Sergeant
    • Talking about Tech
« Reply #46 on: 25 March 2012, 01:15:29 »
There are very few problems in the battletech universe that CANNOT be solved by the application of warship support.

Simply look at the TH and the SL.
Killing it with a battleship was like their main method of diplomacy. Or the threat thereof.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #47 on: 02 June 2013, 03:19:07 »
since this seems like the best place to ask.. i've taken a liking to what i've heard of Filtvelt. i'm really tempted to build a force for them. do we know what their military colors are? they don't seem to be on camospecs yet.

Aleksandr

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: 02 June 2013, 05:35:24 »
Here

The Thumpers joined the Coalition military, so I assume they kept the same paint job.

“These will be dark days, when Wolves prowl across Terra.” - Jonathon Cameron

Signature bar by HikageMaru

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #49 on: 02 June 2013, 10:53:56 »
Check the Submissions sub-section. The scheme listed for all three Filtvelt Militia units is thus:
The Militia's shortage of supplies often leaves their equipment in locally-produced black primer, but units with the means have adopted a bright orange as their standard color.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Death by Zeus

• Warrant Officer
  • 3rd Lyran Regulars
« Reply #50 on: 02 June 2013, 23:39:47 »
Ha, I can see not just orange but green and yellow as well.
Light 'mech pilots benefit from big balls and small brains.

Longstrider

• Corporal
« Reply #51 on: 03 June 2013, 03:12:44 »
Because if you don't crush a rebel movement if festers and can lead to other anti-government groups to get "the wrong idea" and cause more sucession. 

And as for bitter fought war, I look at Filtvets military they wouldn't  stand much against a couple AFFS RCTs with Warship support.

There are very few problems in the battletech universe that CANNOT be solved by the application of warship support.

Simply look at the TH and the SL.
Killing it with a battleship was like their main method of diplomacy. Or the threat thereof.

The unthinking application of force sure ensured the Hegemony and the Star League's long term survival, right?  ^-^

The takeaway point here seems to be that, despite folk wisdom to the contrary, sometimes it's just not worth landing in a regiment or tossing around ortillery. What would crushing the FC and dragging them kicking and screaming back into the Suns actually do? The remaining seven worlds are going to be less useful after an intense war, they're not that useful to begin with, and it's actually an outlet for rather than a cause of secessionism, in some ways.

Sure, the inner sphere is often ruled by megalomaniacs, but the Davions have, historically, been less interested in hegemony just for the sake of it - especially when they can't construct an ideological crusade around it. (And I say that despite their tomfoolery in Concordat space centuries ago - unlike, say, the Cappies, they seem less likely to foster a generational sense of revanchism).

At the very least, conquest by war is less desireable than economic, social, or political options. Consider that the FedCom was achieved through marriage, not through hitting the other guys with warships. Or that initially the Davions didn't fall on either Hegemony OR Republic territory until the other spheroids began it.

Stormcrow

• Major
« Reply #52 on: 03 June 2013, 13:24:53 »
Check the Submissions sub-section. The scheme listed for all three Filtvelt Militia units is thus:

<---------- do you mean something like this? I had Shadowraven do this ages ago it seems

Noli Timure Messorem

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #53 on: 03 June 2013, 14:49:55 »
i suspect the proposal was inspired more by this sort of thing:

tapdancingbeavers

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: 04 June 2013, 02:55:25 »
i suspect the proposal was inspired more by this sort of thing:

A paint scheme for a military created due to having lots of paint that was to be used for construction equipment is pretty cool imo.

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #55 on: 04 June 2013, 09:23:46 »
I'm thinking more 'Dukes of Hazzard'.
But yes I have a lance ready to paint (If I ever get to paint again...) Chameleon (from the Academy), Toro, Dervish and Sentry/Watchman.  I'd like to get a company built at some point using solid FedSun designs: Enforcer, Centurion, Rifleman and the such. Though if you look at the MUL we do get some decidedly higher tech designs.
Maker of big things.

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #56 on: 04 June 2013, 17:46:25 »
The only other faction that gets the Sagittaire, I've noticed.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #57 on: 04 June 2013, 22:39:07 »
personally i plan to go through my box of plastic Unseen's and give them some of the more davion like ones.. like the Rifleman.. and then eventually bulk out the force with some Vee's and infantry.

Fatebringer

• Major
  • 138th Mechanized Infantry The Chicago Division
« Reply #58 on: 05 June 2013, 12:19:54 »
The only other faction that gets the Sagittaire, I've noticed.

On their RAT. I do recall the Outworld Alliance was helping make their lasers. I wouldn't be unreasonable for a few to be found in the AMC in the future.

Star Captain Jared Siegel ~ Clan Snow Raven Forum
"If every mech was built like in MWO, we'd all be carrying ammo in our feet..."

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #59 on: 05 June 2013, 16:07:28 »
On their RAT.

Or on the MUL.  I just looked.