Author Topic: Outworld Alliance Mech Color Schemes  (Read 4580 times)

RexCalices

• Recruit
Outworld Alliance Mech Color Schemes
« on: 31 January 2020, 16:39:37 »
I've been wanting to do up an OA force for a Campaign and I'm stumped on trying to figure out what the colour schemes for their mechs are. Specifically wanting to do an Alliance Grenadier scheme.

Some places seem to indicate they simply copy the camo-spec of the Air Wing they are attached to, while others give no information or suggest independent schemes.

I was told to go look at old Field Manuals, but this gives no information at all.

Also, feel free to post OA plane, tank or mech pictures!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Outworld Alliance Mech Color Schemes
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2020, 18:52:03 »
Sounds like you can pick whatever you want... post it here to try to put a stake in the ground...  :thumbsup:

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 31 January 2020, 20:27:02 »
5th alliance Airwing Slayer.

Generic Clanner 24601

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2020, 21:04:58 »
Sounds like you can pick whatever you want... post it here to try to put a stake in the ground...  :thumbsup:

I like this. I plan on doing Clan Snow Raven colors for my Clan mechs and Outworld Alliance colors for my Inner Sphere Mechs when I get my Kickstarter. I kinda like the idea that the just get the mechs they can afford regardless of coloring.

I can see it now.

*Ravens roll up in uniformly painted mechs and watch as a hot pink Altas shows up*

Raven 1: Ummm….

AMC Pilot: It was on sale.

Raven 2: Is that... is that glitter?

AMC Pilot: We got it from Canopus. Are we here to talk about my mech's colors or blow up some Combine?

Raven 1: *mumbling* I bet the Ghost Bears don't have to put up with this.

AMC Pilot: Seriously, we need to hurry. It's getting close to night and this thing glows in the dark.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2020, 21:12:31 »
LOL!  ;D

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2020, 21:16:06 »

Image from old Unit Color Compendium.  Unknown if canon, and URL says Avellar Grenadiers, not Alliance Grenadiers.

https://unitcolorcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/oa_avellar_grenadiers_color_palette-703x1024.png

FWIW...
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #6 on: 02 February 2020, 01:22:52 »
Image from old Unit Color Compendium.  Unknown if canon, and URL says Avellar Grenadiers, not Alliance Grenadiers.

https://unitcolorcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/oa_avellar_grenadiers_color_palette-703x1024.png

FWIW...

It's not

As yet, there are no canon colour schemes for Outworlds Alliance 'Mech forces
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Luciora

• Major

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #8 on: 02 February 2020, 06:38:00 »
50% coverage isn't bad... that leaves 5 units wide open.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 02 February 2020, 08:38:29 »
I've been wanting to do up an OA force for a Campaign and I'm stumped on trying to figure out what the colour schemes for their mechs are. Specifically wanting to do an Alliance Grenadier scheme.

Some places seem to indicate they simply copy the camo-spec of the Air Wing they are attached to, while others give no information or suggest independent schemes.

I was told to go look at old Field Manuals, but this gives no information at all.

Also, feel free to post OA plane, tank or mech pictures!
It depends on which Air Wing it's assigned to. It will have same scheme as the fighters in the wing.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 09 November 2020, 16:39:11 »
I'd always just assumed the Alliance GDA used olive drab for there mechs.

Mad Scientist

• Recruit
  • Mad Scientist doing Secret Squirel Stuff...
« Reply #11 on: 09 November 2020, 22:41:47 »

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #12 on: 10 November 2020, 03:21:39 »
It's not. If you look on the page it says it's fan created and not official
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 10 November 2020, 03:22:42 »
I checked the Periphery manual and the only colour scheme imentioned is for the uniforms. Mechwarriors in the Alliance apparently wear dark green uniforms with gold piping. But no mention about Mechs / tanks or fighter colour schemes

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 10 November 2020, 06:46:32 »
It's not

As yet, there are no canon colour schemes for Outworlds Alliance 'Mech forces
The Mech color for the OA are the same as the Aerospace regiment that leads the Wing. I have a couple of Mechs that were painted by CSO artists and they had the Mechs use the same scheme as the fighters. For evidence I present the following link:   http://camospecs.com/Faction/Details/20/outworlds-alliance
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #15 on: 15 January 2021, 17:26:19 »
I'm going for orange before any more of their units get canonical color schemes =p.  I'm painting up a Game of Armored Combat box for a friend, and not knowing much about the lore he picked the Outworlds Alliance.  He assumed their colors would be as bright as their logo...

Given how 'fancy' the mechs in the box are for a small Periphery nation, it probably makes the most sense to call them part of the Avellar Guard.  A bright, symbolic parade scheme makes sense for that kind of unit, imo.  We'll see how it works out.