Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: Fallout: Exploding onto your screen April 2024
« Last post by Bedwyr on Today at 15:41:50 »
Just finished episode 1, and so far the only thing that bothers me is that vault 33 was stocked with british submachine guns.

For some reason that just nags at me.

Jonathan Ferguson from the Royal Armory similarly found it amusing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsP9CGq3dL8
I've been ruminating on this as well:

Where is this from?
Off Topic / Re: Fallout: Exploding onto your screen April 2024
« Last post by Liam's Ghost on Today at 15:14:50 »
Just finished episode 1, and so far the only thing that bothers me is that vault 33 was stocked with british submachine guns.

For some reason that just nags at me.
Hey, folks!

We made an ad to promote my new BattleTech book coming up later this month! I hope you enjoy it and have pre-ordered your copy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xteEsHkS1o4
Tactical Operations / Turret facing in the artillery Targeting phase
« Last post by Gribbly on Today at 14:42:39 »
This question is somewhat related to https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=81851.0

Under 'Rotating the firing arcs' p105 TW:
Vehicles: Turret-mounted weapons in vehicles can be positioned to fire through any hexside, per the Torso/Turret Twist rules, page 37. Treat turret arcs as the forward arc, except that they are defined by the hexside at which the turret is currently pointing, not the hexside toward which the vehicle is facing.

Given that turret facing changes occur when declaring a weapon attack in the 'Weapon Attack phase' turret mounted artillery cannot be turned/twisted in the 'Targeting phase' (p147 TO: AR).

Considering the number of canon vehicles that have artillery mounted in turrets it would seem odd if the turrets can't be turned before firing (other than direct fire) but can still turn their turrets and have them flip back in the end phase pointlessly. Clearly there won't be any mention in TW of being able to turn turrets in a phase that doesn't exist in TW, or torso twist in TO:AR, so this seems an artifact of having the rules separated in the way they are.

In the context of the changes to torso twisting to use TAG:

1. Is it the current intention to strictly prohibit the ability of artillery to turn turrets before firing artillery weapons?
2. If turret turning before artillery weapon declaration is possible, should there be appropriate wording added in TO?

That's like saying Alaric Ward was the most gifted military stratagist on Terra

Or that Galen Cox was the tallest person in the room when the only others in it were Victor and Kai.
Just for comparison's sake, what was your pledge, did you order mats, and where are you shipping your order?  I came in at $167, which I thought ridiculous for shipping in the lower 48.

With add-ons (including the city mats), it was four hundred and change.
Off Topic / Re: My running days are over
« Last post by rebs on Today at 14:00:46 »
Walking and lifting are always there for you.
On another note, Sun-Tzu may have been the shrewdest politician in the IS, over that period.

That's like saying Alaric Ward was the most gifted military stratagist on Terra
We've reached May!  Anyone have a street date for Combat Manual: Davion?

"SOON" (not soon enough) according to the last 3 Tuesday news day updates.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register