Author Topic: "partial PSR success" => stumbling ?  (Read 1116 times)

Bismarck

• Master Sergeant
"partial PSR success" => stumbling ?
« on: 06 August 2013, 03:44:52 »
optional rule = 1/2 damage on to-hit = TN needed = zero MoS

essentially same line of logic ----> PSR...

if MoS = 0 on a PSR, then the 'Mech does not fall...

but "stumbles", re-righting itself before falling...

but the 'Mech must still roll on the falling damage table...

and take the listed facing change, i.e. the 'Mech "stumbles around" and winds up facing some different direction
their rules (not mine) = "everybody dies, and from death, some are selected to slavery"

foolish farmers fooled forth from farms, to the field, at (e.g.) Marathon, where many men met determined doom, and all others, identified, were ever after relentlessly pursued & hunted down, themselves, their families, their blood, per policy of "pasture-ization", by (e.g.) oath-sworn Hannibal, patiently, for prolonged protracted periods, to present -- those have been being The Rules, for many millennia

honor is politics... right ?

PurpleDragon

• Captain
Re: "partial PSR success" => stumbling ?
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2013, 03:55:50 »
I can see a turn one hex facing but nothing more. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Bismarck

• Master Sergeant
Re: "partial PSR success" => stumbling ?
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2013, 21:00:46 »
when people trip on a curb, or stub their toe, then they can wind up doing dances every which way...

"stumble on partial PSR success" would emphasize the importance of piloting, as a complimentary skill, to gunnery

w/o good pilots, 'Mechs would wind up stumbling around the battlefield, emphasizing the importance, of the pilots, and their difficulty in piloting advanced BMs, even w/ neurohelmets
their rules (not mine) = "everybody dies, and from death, some are selected to slavery"

foolish farmers fooled forth from farms, to the field, at (e.g.) Marathon, where many men met determined doom, and all others, identified, were ever after relentlessly pursued & hunted down, themselves, their families, their blood, per policy of "pasture-ization", by (e.g.) oath-sworn Hannibal, patiently, for prolonged protracted periods, to present -- those have been being The Rules, for many millennia

honor is politics... right ?