Author Topic: (Answered) Battlemech manual and artillery with preplotted location  (Read 1892 times)

DevianID

• Captain
Howdy.  So in the battle mech manual for preplotted locations, it seems to ignore the targeting section on page 77: "When targeting a hex that has not been pre-designated, use the following rules".

So the question is, do artillery attacks using a preplotted hex ignore the time in flight because the rule about artillery arriving in the next turn are found in 'the following rules'?  Thus you simply choose to use the artillery on a preplot and immediately roll for damage with no delay?  Just want to make sure I have it right before dropping BSP artillery on people the same time I declare it.
« Last Edit: 13 December 2023, 00:02:48 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Battlemech manual and artillery with preplotted location
« Reply #1 on: 13 December 2023, 00:02:35 »
While it's not in the current errata doc, the most recent printing of the BMM clarifies this for pre-plotted locations:

"There is still a one-turn delay between firing and the strike as normal (see below)."

This clarification is also in the upcoming Mercenary Box set.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

DevianID

• Captain
Yay!  Great progress.  I'm excited/hopeful to see the new bsp rules if you couldn't tell based off the walls of math i did back in the beta BSP playtest.

Register