Author Topic: 2011-06-02 Unit Digest: 1065th Millerton Armored [BattleCorps Exclusive]  (Read 1773 times)

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
They also serve who... well, they serve.

Craig Reed shows us the 1065th Millerton Armored Regiment during the FedCom Civil War.

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
I enjoyed this unit digest but ****** somebody forgot to run the spellchecker!!!

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
Yeah i'd agree, spelling was awful in places.  But the unit had character, and made for an enjoyable picture of a line unit seemingly forgotten by the brass.
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

Daishi411

• Captain
The spelling is always an issue with these, which can be expected since they're direct to customer quickies, and the people who write them probably don't have the same resources as they do when they write stories.

This unit was way off the marker for me, it didn't work for me at all. The units character had no substance, it was just written, and that's about it. I didn't feel it at all and i had no strong reactions to any of the characters, whick IMO is not a good thing

There were a bunch at the beginning thatwere awesome, the very first one and the medical one, but I'm still waiting for someone to top those
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster