Author Topic: Upcoming Releases Volume XIV: Aw, what's in the box!!?  (Read 167099 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
Re: Upcoming Releases Volume XIV: Aw, what's in the box!!?
« Reply #300 on: 15 March 2019, 14:19:45 »
Set in 3088... with the weapons of 3055  ;D

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #301 on: 15 March 2019, 14:50:58 »
Now Available - Operational Turning Points: Fronc Reaches!

As pirate bands turned to the Periphery after the Jihad, the nascent military and non-existent intelligence assets of the Fronc Reaches made the young nation a particularly tempting target. Opposing them were the Colonial Marshals, who risked everything to drive the pirates from their worlds.

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/collections/battletech/products/operational-turning-points-fronc-reaches

Cool...I was gonna look to send my Player merc Forces that way after completing TOTAL CHAOS!
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #302 on: 15 March 2019, 14:56:07 »
On the next Deadliest Warrior: Cowboys vs Pirates
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #303 on: 16 March 2019, 07:12:27 »
IS The new Mapset...is the newest thing??
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #304 on: 16 March 2019, 10:29:06 »

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Marshals! A day in the Colonial Marshals is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I *love* the Marshals!

I had to repost this from FB  ;D

Now Available - Operational Turning Points: Fronc Reaches!

As pirate bands turned to the Periphery after the Jihad, the nascent military and non-existent intelligence assets of the Fronc Reaches made the young nation a particularly tempting target. Opposing them were the Colonial Marshals, who risked everything to drive the pirates from their worlds.

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/collections/battletech/products/operational-turning-points-fronc-reaches

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #305 on: 16 March 2019, 14:03:07 »
What awesome Operational Turning point! I hope record sheets come out for the unique mechs/ba.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #306 on: 16 March 2019, 16:27:15 »
All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Marshals! A day in the Colonial Marshals is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I *love* the Marshals!
RIP, Sergeant Matthews.   :'(

Hoping for recordsheets soon.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #307 on: 18 March 2019, 10:01:02 »
The Watch - March 2019: New Map Pack, BattleMats, Michael Stackpole Fiction Now Available

BattleTech’s 35th anniversary thunders onward with the upcoming release of several new map products, a lightning-fast restock of the BattleTech Beginner Box, and much more.

There’s been a lot going on across the Inner Sphere during this anniversary year. To help you keep all this news straight, we’re compiling announcements in this series of dispatches from The Watch. Expect to see more official announcements from The Watch over the next few months, through the end of the anniversary year.

Here’s what’s new for BattleTech:

--The first all-new map set in nearly twenty years, BattleTech Map Pack: Grasslands ($29.99) is now available in the Catalyst Game Labs store, with a street date of April 17 to retail outlets. The perfect expansion to either the Beginner Box or BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat boxed set, these six two-sided paper maps include 12 battlefields of the same high-quality, modern art of those box sets, offering new tactical challenges and opportunities.

--The next all-new, 35th Anniversary celebratory item is here. Four BattleMats (29.99 each) will be available exclusively in the Catalyst Game Labs store. These high-quality 36" x 22" neoprene maps are durable and highly-detailed, and will make an eye-catching addition to your gaming table. Each map is twice the width of a standard BattleTech map sheet, and features a new, special terrain type on one side, and two maps from Map Pack: Grasslands on the reverse. They’re only available exclusively through the Catalyst online store, and they’ll go fast! A future release of these products to retail outlets is possible depending on customer response. The mats available include:
  • Desert & Grassland 1
  • Alpine & Grassland 2
  • Savannah & Grassland 3
  • Lunar & Grassland 4

--Another commemorative product will be available: lapel pins! Wear your BattleTech love proudly with these enamel pins bearing the 35th Anniversary logo and Warhammer.

--The first volume in the long-awaited trilogy of Kell Hounds short stories by legendary BattleTech author Michael Stackpole, Not the Way the Smart Money Bets ($3.99) will be available tomorrow, Tuesday, March 19 in ebook format. The next two volumes are close behind: A Tiny Spot of Rebellion ($3.99) will be available this Friday, March 22, while A Clever Bit of Fiction ($3.99) will follow on Wednesday, March 27. Please note that these are all digital e-book format; future print format availability has not been determined.

--The BattleTech Beginner Box ($19.99) is back in stock through the Catalyst store, and through distribution channels to your local game store. The first print run sold out very quickly, and demand remains high for this outstanding introduction to our game of heavy metal mayhem!

--Thanks to the high demand generated by the new boxed sets, stock of the reprinted version of Total Warfare ($39.99) released last summer has sold out in print for the moment, but is still available in PDF format. We anticipated this increase in demand, and a reprint is already underway. (Remember, this edition of Total Warfare bore the classic Atlas artwork on the cover; the copies being printed now will have the same cover. It’s more of the same book, not a new book.)

--Production on TechManual, the second volume in the line of core rulebook reprints bearing vintage covers is now underway. We’ll bring you further updates on when they’re expected in stock as soon as possible, but the PDF version is available now!

--Is that all? Nope! The first installment in the second wave of Winter 2019 PDF products is now available: Operational Turning Points: Fronc Reaches. Recreate a young nation’s desperate struggle for survival with this scenario pack.

Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #308 on: 18 March 2019, 10:31:20 »
Is "Not the Way the Smart Money Bets" a verbatim compilation of the BattleCorps serial, or, as in the case of "Betrayal of Ideals," an altered version?
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #309 on: 18 March 2019, 10:36:05 »
Is "Not the Way the Smart Money Bets" a verbatim compilation of the BattleCorps serial, or, as in the case of "Betrayal of Ideals," an altered version?

Not sure. Checking.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #310 on: 18 March 2019, 10:57:01 »
Mats ordered.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

kinwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #311 on: 18 March 2019, 11:07:46 »
Hopefully the mats will make it to retails. Shipping cost to Canada combined with the exchange rate sadly makes it prohibitive to order directly from catalyst store. I did it with BMM book and it doubled the cost  :(

The Wayfarer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #312 on: 18 March 2019, 11:39:07 »
Very cool.

However, I just ordered Unending Faith and I thought there was supposed to be an update to it for the Alpha Strike cards?  With the CGL store, do they notify you of updates to products you’ve purchased?
Revelations 6:8. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #313 on: 18 March 2019, 13:06:46 »
And I am officially now $170.25 poorer.

$157.44 to the Catalyst Store and $12.81 to Barnes&Noble.

I have spoken.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #314 on: 18 March 2019, 13:08:37 »

Per the editor, yes, it's a verbatim compilation. Nothing has been changed.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #315 on: 18 March 2019, 13:21:47 »
Thanks.  Mats and maps ordered.  And I'll snap up Kell Hounds books 2 and 3 as soon as they're online.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #316 on: 18 March 2019, 14:00:25 »
Hope some of this is a Adepticon in less than 2 weeks.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #317 on: 18 March 2019, 14:54:37 »
Hope some of this is a Adepticon in less than 2 weeks.

I'm told that the Map Pack, the pin, and the BattleMats are expected to be on hand at Adepticon; unsure on quantities, but expect them to be limited.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #318 on: 18 March 2019, 14:58:30 »
I just spent a small fortune on maps, and it was worth every penny. :D

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #319 on: 18 March 2019, 15:06:01 »
These all came for sale the day my credit card cycles. Surely the universe was sending me a sign  :D

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #320 on: 18 March 2019, 17:23:21 »
Is there any chance Mr. Stackpole's Kell Hound stories in a Pod form?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Doom

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #321 on: 18 March 2019, 17:27:38 »
Please note that these are all digital e-book format; future print format availability has not been determined.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #322 on: 18 March 2019, 17:45:42 »
Mother of god. Printing mats on neoprene is an awesome idea.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #323 on: 18 March 2019, 18:39:06 »
Nice, nuSeen Stinger on KH book 2. First canon look at it, right?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #324 on: 18 March 2019, 18:47:21 »
Nice, nuSeen Stinger on KH book 2. First canon look at it, right?

Went to double check. It was on his deviant art but this is the first product it’s been seen on i believe

https://www.deviantart.com/shimmering-sword/art/Battletech-Stinger-717085355

For those keeping score at home:
seen in canon products
Locust
Stinger (book cover)
Wasp
Valkyrie
OstScout
Phoenix Hawk
Shadow Hawk
Griffin
Wolverine
Rifleman (BMM interior art)
Thunderbolt
Archer
Warhammer
Marauder
Battlemaster

yet to be seen
Scorpion
Ostroc
Ostsol
Crusader
Goliath
Longbow
Marauder II
« Last Edit: 18 March 2019, 20:25:37 by Sartris »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #325 on: 18 March 2019, 18:53:39 »
Umm… none of the images are showing for me, Cubby... not sure why.

And I too hope the "exclusive" stuff makes it to retail stores.  Not really sure what the marketing strategy is there, but I'll echo that printing maps on neoprene is brilliant!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #326 on: 18 March 2019, 19:02:44 »
“We didn’t make enough for full retail distribution”

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #327 on: 18 March 2019, 19:37:17 »
Yes I think so (unless it was on mr scroggin’s deviantart)
All of them [except the Crusader] have been for a little while now, but the remainder of the Macross-based Unseen replacements haven't been put in a canon product yet. Looks like this is the (re)start of it.
« Last Edit: 18 March 2019, 20:58:13 by Cache »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #328 on: 18 March 2019, 19:41:17 »
Did we ever get new Crusader art? IIRC, when the others were available on ShimmeringSword deviantart, the Crusader wasn't.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #329 on: 18 March 2019, 19:48:37 »
We did not

Register