Author Topic: Dawning of a New Era  (Read 8818 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Dawning of a New Era
« Reply #30 on: 24 June 2020, 18:27:25 »
I’ve said before that the adders showing up on Terra without being so much as noticed would be the greatest magic trick in human history

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #31 on: 24 June 2020, 18:29:53 »
With how busy Alaric is with recruitment I don't think that the IlClan would be a single Clan, but actually something that the true sum of all the Clans.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #32 on: 24 June 2020, 18:33:01 »
I won't lie, part of me is kinda hoping the ilClan will be the Star Adders come a'calling.

I think we'll be seeing them again. But, I don't think they're going to sweep in, some serpentus ex machina to end the dark ages plot in some sudden, unforshadowed rear-pull. I think it is more likely that they will be a threat early on that gives everyone a good reason to unite with the Wolves of Terra, OR it will be the Clans of the Sphere who come calling, to reclaim the homeworlds this time.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #33 on: 24 June 2020, 18:39:26 »
I’ve said before that the adders showing up on Terra without being so much as noticed would be the greatest magic trick in human history
I would just blame Creed.

Personally I'd like to see Anastasia take on Alaric too, and lead the Wolves to victory...but good lord are they gonna have a fight on their hands afterward.  Would the Bears get involved?  They seem to be hibernating up in the Dominion, but not doing much.  Bears need exercise too.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #34 on: 24 June 2020, 20:06:37 »
Actually I'd like to see some variation of that too. Whoever conquers, it turns out RasDom is the one who can actually stabilize things and keep it peaceful.

Any conqueror can rush in, slap people around, slam a flag down and say "You best salute it".
Empire builders are the ones who say "Okay so I've just snagged you up as my subjects, but hey on the bright side I built that school district your previous administration were dragging their feet on finishing!"
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #35 on: 24 June 2020, 20:30:30 »
"What have the Romans ever done for us?"

"The aqueduct."
I have spoken.

heist08

• Corporal
« Reply #36 on: 24 June 2020, 20:35:52 »
Based on many many factors, I believe it will be Clan Wolf as ilClan. Not the least of which is that the introductory framing devices from 3250 indicate that there is still an Exarch. The falcons, even the non mongol birds are not historically flexible enough to leave the civilian government some form of intact. Anyway, I anticipate that taking Terra is only the beginning.

After that, I'm sure one of the other clans, Falcons probably, or if they are in no shape to, Bears, will issue a Trial of Refusal over the claim to ilClanship, and the refusal will be lost. This is just the beginning. Wolf is ilClan, with only bragging rights to show for it. Now they need to unite a third star league because that is the clan goal.

convincing the sea foxes will be easy. The non mongol falcon remnants could be brought on board as a way to ensure their survival. A similar enticement could be made for the fedsuns. The Wolves are already on speaking terms with the FWL. And that's a decent start.

Either the other clans will heed the founders words, or they will ignore them and be that much less Clan. Either way I expect fans to balk.

I suspect the plot will be about dealing with resistant clans and the combine and confederation as inherited enemies as the wolves absorb the republic. And as things go forward, building up a star league, and spreading the notion of fair, safe, insulated combat trials instead of all out war.

A clan star league doesn't mean peace. The clan homeworlds were NOT peace. They were however, civil, and tempered for quite a time. There is plenty of room for war against non member states and trials between member states.

I agree largely with SteveRestless. I think this is how events will probably take place going forward.

The big wildcard are the Fidelis/Smoke Jaguars. We've been seeing a large redemption arc for them as a group. I think they're on verge of becoming something more than just a spec ops group of warriors. Are they going to claim to be the ilClan when the dust settles? Paul Moon declared themselves to be the ilClan back during the Jihad. And, apocryphal or not, the last line of Surrender Your Dreams has always fascinated me: "I will not fail you, Paul. I will let the rest of the Inner Sphere know that the wayward children whom they damned have returned to their doorstep as their saviors."

Just food for thought.  ;)

heist08

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 24 June 2020, 20:53:39 »
Well, if it's as it seems, and the Republic is going to get absorbed as part of all this, and the Fidelis are a part of the republic, they would legitimately be a part of the ilClan, and of the clans once more. Wouldn't that be weird? Shame there probably aren't any of those who were absorbed by Clan Wolf in Exile still around.

THAT SAID, They're wrong about having a claim to ilClanship.

Simply setting foot on Terra is insufficient to press a claim. You don't become the ilClan by standing on its soil, you become it through the rite of conquest. You must TAKE Terra. BUT, Even if that were wrong, and all you needed to do is tag the dirt first, then Clan Wolf still has them beat by over a hundred years.

But Steve, how? The Wolf's Dragoons, well before their official break from Clan Wolf, set foot on Terra as part of Hanse and Melissa's wedding. So, if simply visiting Terra were all it took, the Wolves are still in the best position, and the Fidelis should brace themselves to defend their claim, if they're going to press such a flimsy one.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

heist08

• Corporal
« Reply #38 on: 24 June 2020, 21:14:10 »
Well, if it's as it seems, and the Republic is going to get absorbed as part of all this, and the Fidelis are a part of the republic, they would legitimately be a part of the ilClan, and of the clans once more. Wouldn't that be weird? Shame there probably aren't any of those who were absorbed by Clan Wolf in Exile still around.

THAT SAID, They're wrong about having a claim to ilClanship.

Simply setting foot on Terra is insufficient to press a claim. You don't become the ilClan by standing on its soil, you become it through the rite of conquest. You must TAKE Terra. BUT, Even if that were wrong, and all you needed to do is tag the dirt first, then Clan Wolf still has them beat by over a hundred years.

But Steve, how? The Wolf's Dragoons, well before their official break from Clan Wolf, set foot on Terra as part of Hanse and Melissa's wedding. So, if simply visiting Terra were all it took, the Wolves are still in the best position, and the Fidelis should brace themselves to defend their claim, if they're going to press such a flimsy one.

Good points, Steve. However, the possibility of the Dragoons landing on Terra during the natural course their recon mission would have certainly been brought up by the other Clans before the Dragoons were sent to the Inner Sphere. I can't imagine that the other Clans would allow the Dragoons to "accidently" claim the ilClanship for Clan Wolf, so I think it is likely that the Dragoons were excluded from making any ilClan claims when their mission was being formulated. Maybe the upcoming Dragoons origin novel from the Kickstarter will explain this.

heist08

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 24 June 2020, 22:40:50 »
I've never heard any such indication, probably because setting foot isn't enough and the dragoons weren't strong enough to conquer their way to Terra. But Supposing for a moment that the council had arrived at such a notion. I would then raise the counterpoint that the Jaguars are no longer recognized by either of the clan councils. the Co6 see them as obliterated, and the homeclans see them as destroyed and tainted.

The Fidelis are not large, they do not have the might to hold Terra on their own. Relying on the rest of the republic to help would only highlight their weakness. They could make some specious technical claim, but without the conqest, and without the strength to prove themselves worthy, they will be the only party who recognizes that claim.

Beyond that, I'm under the impression that the reason the republic is even willing to let the fleet reach Terra is because they have seen that joining their strength to that of a Clan who will not demand they sacrifice their identity, is the only way that some vestige of the republic is going to survive long-term. Even if it is as part of the ilClan. The Fidelis are already a republic asset, the only thing a "nuh uh we're the ilclan now" stunt is going to accomplish is to make the clans outside even angrier.

Additionally, the end of Shattered Fortress specifies that a fleet arrived over Terra. I don't think the Fidelis can muster more than a couple of ships. they may not even have their warship anymore, I can't recall. Nothing that justifies calling it a "Fleet" certainly.

No, the question that interests me the most regarding the Fidelis isn't "Will they be the ilClan?" but "How will they react to being a part of the ilClan?" Will they remain what they have transformed themselves into? will they adopt some or all of the ways of the Clans again?

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #40 on: 24 June 2020, 22:47:55 »
The Wolf's Dragoons, well before their official break from Clan Wolf, set foot on Terra as part of Hanse and Melissa's wedding.

The Dragoons broke with the Clans in 3020; the wedding was in 3028.

However, Jaime Wolf was on Terra to negotiate the contract with Anton Marik in 3014.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #41 on: 24 June 2020, 22:55:27 »
The Dragoons began preparing to resist Operation REVIVAL in 3020. I would argue that they are still a part of the clans at this point, still acting at the behest of the Warden leadership of Clan Wolf.

I would further argue that it isn't until the Clans have REVIVAL in full swing and the Dragoons refuse to return, save for Natasha Kerensky, that their true break occurs.

After all, Ulric resisted REVIVAL too, and he even did so as ilKhan, and he was still a part of the clans.

James Bedford

• Private
  • Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!
    • OH and MD Mechwarrior group
« Reply #42 on: 27 June 2020, 11:34:29 »
It wouldn't make sense for the IlClan Era to be short-lived or a fake-out.  Since 2012 BattleTech has been building up to this point, so it's going to happen, although the way that we get there has obviously changed.  At the same time, I think Catalyst may need to let the IlClan be the status quo for a while, so that the fiction that they are cranking out can finally catch up and they can also perhaps fill out some of the missing gaps (I remember a few years ago they were starting books for the Jihad Era, with Case White getting the first one).  I feel like ever since MechWarrior Dark Age came out with their own series of books, the fiction side of the game has been kind of schizophrenic, as we're trying to advance the story while also catching up to the time jump.

With that said, here are my predictions, with fiction-driven supporting details;

- Clan Wolf will become the IlClan.
+ Paul Moon and Alaric have been seen meeting and discussing things
+Devlin Stone and Tucker Harwell were seen discussing Stone trading 'one devil for another' and the Republic not being able to survive in its current form
+We have an upcoming book called The Hour of the Wolf

- After Clan Wolf declares itself the IlClan, it will fight and absorb Clan Jade Falcon in some fashion
+ Alaric Ward in recent fiction is preparing to do just this
+ No way Malvina Hazen allows a Clan Wolf to exist that is IlClan, her mentality will not allow it

- Clan Wolf and the Republic will form a relationship similar to the Rasalhague Dominion
+ The Republic will exist with certain control, but under the 'protection' and overall control of Clan Wolf (Someone said there was a publication with a 3250 date that still mentioned an Exarch, not sure which that was, TRO 3150 perhaps?)
+ again, Devlin Stone admitted that he is preparing for Clan Wolf to take over in some capacity "Wolf worlds"
+ Numerous mentions of Clan Wolf absorbs large portions of ROTS regiments on their drives through the Fortress

Now here comes the crazier predictions

- Clan Wolf, as IlClan, will declare a New Star League
- Rasalhague Dominion, Clan Sea Fox, Clan Hell's Horses will join it.
- Clan Wolf will allow Clan Jade Falcon to exist within the Star League (Can't imagine all those Falcons will be happy to be a part of a new Jade Wolf)
- Clan Wolf will extend membership to all the Inner Sphere, House Steiner and Davion will join as joining means protection.  House Marik will join due to Clan Protectorate member-state encouraging it. Kurita and Liao will refuse.
- New Star League will go to war with Kurita and Liao, beat them up terribly, force them to join.
- The 3156 map will look similar to the 3132 map.  Changes will include Lyrans re-absorbing most of their territory CJF took, House Davion getting back New Avalon, House Liao bigger but not as big as 3145, etc.

Now time for some absolutely crazy predictions;
- Devlin Stone during the Trial for Terra reveals to Clan Wolf that Alaric is in fact not Clan, as his DNA is 100% Steiner/Davion.  BUT DEVLIN IS (somehow...)  With that reveal, Devlin beats Alaric, takes over Clan Wolf, and uses them and the ROTS to do all of the above that I predicted.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2020, 14:01:10 by James Bedford »
Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #43 on: 27 June 2020, 11:56:44 »
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #44 on: 27 June 2020, 11:57:42 »
that it fits into the song makes me irrationally angry

now i have to write a ****** parody

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

RotS fan

• Master Sergeant
  • Ad securitas per unitas
« Reply #45 on: 27 June 2020, 14:10:46 »
BUT DEVLIN IS (somehow...)

I REALLY hope this doesn't happen. One of the things I hate most in battletech is how every important person is related to some previous important person. Let Devlin Stone be a nobody, that's the most interesting thing they can do regarding his origins

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #46 on: 27 June 2020, 14:19:38 »
Stone sees amaris’ ghost  (and is his descendant clone or whatever)

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #47 on: 27 June 2020, 14:22:00 »
Already happened and 'Star Lord' was a horrible novel. Easily in top 3 of worst BT novels.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #48 on: 27 June 2020, 14:25:03 »
this is why i collect books but don't read most of them

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #49 on: 27 June 2020, 15:01:15 »
that it fits into the song makes me irrationally angry

now i have to write a ****** parody
PLEASE link it when you do...  :D

MyndkryM

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #50 on: 28 June 2020, 00:36:38 »

Maybe not Amaris' ghost, but I came across a couple things in SHRAPNEL #1 that have me wondering if it's not some foreshadowing;

SECRETS OF THE SPHERE: THE CAMERON QUESTION dated 10 June 3150, is a conspiracy theory about a lost decedent of House Cameron
Three days after we uncovered Daniel’s potential lineage, our suspected Cameron heir decided to take a sudden, unplanned business trip to Addicks in the Draconis Combine, the same day that our informant left their home, never to return.

and

FORGOTTEN HEROES, SLANDERED HONOR - Terran Legion newsletter, 3096, makes a brief reference of a Camp Cameron
Between all of us, we got nearly 200 years of service time, and most of that was in the thickest fighting of the Jihad. So, Militia, Blakist, or if you just can’t stand that Stone prick and all his smug cultists, come join us at Camp Cameron.

"Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead Troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers’ Green...."

-"Fiddler's Green" The US Cavalryman's Prayer

Niopsian

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno.
« Reply #51 on: 28 June 2020, 09:35:07 »
Maybe not Amaris' ghost, but I came across a couple things in SHRAPNEL #1 that have me wondering if it's not some foreshadowing;

SECRETS OF THE SPHERE: THE CAMERON QUESTION dated 10 June 3150, is a conspiracy theory about a lost decedent of House Cameron
and

FORGOTTEN HEROES, SLANDERED HONOR - Terran Legion newsletter, 3096, makes a brief reference of a Camp Cameron

But is that Camp (House) Cameron or Camp Cameron (St. Jamais)?

...cut a manager in to come up with a plan and the next thing you know you're big in Japan

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #52 on: 28 June 2020, 09:46:24 »
But does camp Cameron have a giant water slide??

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube.
« Reply #53 on: 28 June 2020, 09:51:04 »
WOLVERINES!

I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube. That person is a hateful person that does not represent the spirit of Buckaroo Banzai nor its fandom.

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: 28 June 2020, 10:11:24 »
Already happened and 'Star Lord' was a horrible novel. Easily in top 3 of worst BT novels.
I would not place it in the bottom three. I guess I see it more as a tool for universe development, and RPG design than for storyline.

Far Country tends to be rated the worst, but it is more of a classic Sci-fi than a Battletech novel. Ranking the bottom tier is more difficult than the top tier, because tastes are more varied. If you want to see controversy, see how people rate The Sword and the Dagger. Wolf Pack was controversial, but seems to be better appreciated now. Close Quarters was really bad.
« Last Edit: 28 June 2020, 13:21:39 by Minemech »

RanFelsnerAFFS

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #55 on: 28 June 2020, 11:36:54 »
I would not place it in the bottom three. I guess I see it more as a tool for universe development, and RPG design than for storyline.

No, I agree...Star Lord is by far the worst.

For the ilClan-Era ...If they now pull the ever-rumoured Cameron Descendants card....the Cameron ex machina if you will, now that would be lame story-telling
« Last Edit: 28 June 2020, 11:42:28 by RanFelsnerAFFS »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #56 on: 28 June 2020, 11:58:05 »
The way the Cameron “news” piece was formatted and presented suggest to me more of a wink than serious foreshadowing

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #57 on: 28 June 2020, 12:20:19 »
As I recall, that one's not actually new. It's a reference to a chapter in one of the Interstellar Players books.
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer
"We are the tribal elders. Weirdo is the mushroom specialist." - Worktroll

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #58 on: 28 June 2020, 12:56:46 »
Doubly dubious!

Dahmin_Toran

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #59 on: 28 June 2020, 13:15:21 »
I think that the ilClan era could result in a ton of conflict, turmoil, and upheaval, which is ripe for a  Battletech setting. I always see a balkanization of the Inner Sphere could result in the early formation of the ilClan and the division of the Successor States could keep the ilClan in power (as being the biggest kid on the block). Here are my postulations:

*Note - I am assuming that the earlier suggestion of the Wolf Clan becoming ilClan and merging with the Republic of the Sphere.

The Republic of the Sphere - I guess I could a see a Dominion-like merger of The Wolf Clan and the Republic of the Sphere. I think not all Republic worlds would go for that so I could see many worlds declaring independence, or willingly (or not) joining neighbors.

Federated Suns - I could see the Draconis March breaking away from the Federated Suns seeking protection from the ilClan. The disastrous leadership at New Avalon has left them high and dry. I could New Avalon retaken by Julian Davion and The Capellan and Periphery Marches sticking with them. I could see some Suns worlds closer to Terra breaking away.

Lyran Commonwealth - The former Archon has left the Commonwealth in shambles. I could see another attempt of Skye breaking away after throwing off the chains of the Falcons. I think the Wolves and Falcons would devastate themselves which would allow them to regain some worlds. I could also see some former Archonettes such as Bolan to try to regain independence. 

Draconis Combine - I think the break here would be the acceptance of the ilClan peace. I could see a resurgence of the Alliance of Galedon centered on New Samarkand. Either Yori Kurita is the hard-liner or the hard-liners decide to break away since they would not have the popularity to simply overthrow her.

Capellan Confederation - I would not break up the Capellans (haven't they been through enough?). But I could see some worlds lost to the Suns, but I see a new conflict with the Confederation attempting to regain Andurien. This would happen after Daoshen leaves the throne (not sure how) and Danai would take over. Her *sister* the Magestix would join the Confederation as an advisor type and use her marriage as a casus belli.

Free Worlds League - I think the smaller realms in the League would have enjoyed the decades of independence and probably remain so. Nikol would not be the politician her mother was and be a failing Captain General. I could see the Minister General Kenyon Marik (the TRUE Captain General), getting support of Parliament (I mean he has been running it for years) and taking the Captain Generalcy. I think Tamarind and Stewart would remain along with the Clan Protectorate. I could see Oriente and maybe Regulus staying independent or loosely aligned. A big endeavor would be to regain Wolf-held worlds.

The Clan Homeworlds - I think the much oft ignored Clan Homeworlds would keep the "don't know, don't care" attitude.

The Council of Six - A lot of action here. I think the Falcons will survive after Malvina, I could see both Clans blasting themselves to the brink, but survive. The Wolves would have the Republic and Lyran worlds to get resources from, but the Falcons would have to go back to their OZ holdings. This could give Skye the opportunity to get its freedom since the Wolves and Republic would both be weakened. The Rasalhague Dominion and Horses could join the Third Star League for the relative peace.

The Periphery - The Taurians finally reunite (NOT going to change that!). Another Centralla takes over the Magistracy as Ilsa returns to the Confederation. The Ravens start conflict with the new Alliance of Galedon and Draconis March worlds. The Marians take advantage of the fractured League and Commonwealth. Maybe pirates and Dark Caste being a resurgence in the edge of the Clan holdings?

ComStar - Deader than disco or trying to regain a foothold in former Republic worlds? Not like they haven't tried before.

All this would leave the ilClan as the main power broker since most smaller nations would look to it for protection and could also be played against each to prevent other larger coalitions to form.
« Last Edit: 28 June 2020, 13:30:34 by Dahmin_Toran »