Author Topic: Alpha strike pv calculator  (Read 1443 times)

Garydee

• Sergeant
Alpha strike pv calculator
« on: 11 April 2020, 19:17:21 »
There isn't a way to covert homemade battletech units into Alpha strike with the Commander's version.  Is the latest generator the one on Drive Thru? If it is it looks outdated.
« Last Edit: 11 April 2020, 19:37:19 by Garydee »

FenderSaxbey

• Master Sergeant
Re: Alpha strike pv calculator
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2020, 20:06:13 »
They did not include the conversion rules on purpose and last I heard there were plans to include them in another product down the road. For now, the original Alpha Strike Companion (plus errata) remains the official conversion. Solaris Skunk Works does Battleforce 2 conversions which are mostly correct since BF is the grandaddy of Alpha Strike.

Garydee

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2020, 20:23:11 »
They did not include the conversion rules on purpose and last I heard there were plans to include them in another product down the road. For now, the original Alpha Strike Companion (plus errata) remains the official conversion. Solaris Skunk Works does Battleforce 2 conversions which are mostly correct since BF is the grandaddy of Alpha Strike.

Thank you.

Dissolv

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2020, 19:49:25 »
I would be greatly interested in "completing" Alpha Strike.  Our club has played it every week, plus and minus a few, for three years straight.  Commander's edition did some very good things -- clean up Lance SPA's like Pursuit, eliminate the abusable evasion move, but also didn't work out as well as expected in other areas. 

This has resulted in us actually playing a hybrid of editions, when I really wanted a "definitive" version.