Author Topic: Differences between quick start and full rules  (Read 1028 times)

Zeruel13

• Private
Differences between quick start and full rules
« on: 05 April 2020, 22:54:09 »
My brother and I decided to finally make the leap into Alpha Strike from classic BT so we could resolve company+ size battles in a single evening of gaming.  I bought the pdf of the Alpha Strike rules quite a while ago always meaning to check it out and I recently downloaded the file from the Catalyst store. My brother didn't have access to the rules while he was investigating and found the free Quick Start rules from the official Battletech site. The problem is we've found some discrepancies.

In the quick start rules it says an attacker gets -1 modifier to target if they were stationary and +2 if they jumped. It also says add +1 to a unit's TMM if they jumped. In so far as I can tell the stationary and jumped modifier are nowhere to be found in the full rules and it simply says +1 TMM if jump capable, not if they jumped. Do I have an outdated version of the full rules somehow or was that addressed in an errata I'm not aware of?

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
Re: Differences between quick start and full rules
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2020, 23:24:45 »
Sounds like an older version. What's the title? Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition is the current set.