Author Topic: Dark Age Novels  (Read 1404 times)

WildDuck

• Recruit
Dark Age Novels
« on: 16 October 2011, 15:20:20 »
I am getting back into reading BT novels and want to start reading the MWD series.  My question is should I buy the dead tree books or get a kindle and buy them online?  I guess the bottomline is which benefits CGL and the writers the most?

Thanks!

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
Re: Dark Age Novels
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2011, 21:51:52 »
CGL gets nothing from the sale of MechWarrior books, either electronically or dead-tree. They had nothing to do with that novel line.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2011, 00:22:38 »
If you buy a Kindle, you'll be able to read both DA & CBT e-novels. Neither authors make any money, but the availability's easier.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

WildDuck

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2011, 04:05:21 »
I thought that CGL was at least involved with Bonfire.  And the writers don't get royalties?   What the heck?

Register