Author Topic: Might Before Metal: Home of Clan Hell's Horses III  (Read 88351 times)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: Might Before Metal: Home of Clan Hell's Horses III
« Reply #90 on: 18 April 2018, 14:09:59 »
Hydra 3?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #91 on: 18 April 2018, 18:20:28 »
Interesting choice. Unfortunately according to the MUL, the Hydra 3 was a Mandrill/Spirit exclusive, so it's likely extinct in the modern era since both of those Clans are gone. That being said, if your head in LRM support, it makes me wish we had the stats for the Svartbeta, cuz that'd be perfect for this.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2018, 18:30:33 by Kojak »

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #92 on: 18 April 2018, 18:55:32 »
Hippogriff... fun fact MUL has it as IS Clan General and if you wanted a Beep!-Beep! to carry your P2's..

I suggest the Anat, even with the -3 MP... it still is fast.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #93 on: 19 April 2018, 01:18:46 »
Ok, I've done some more research and according to this, if a unit is 10% or less of the carrier's overall mass, it doesn't slow them at all. That opens things up considerably. Not just that, but that article also has a very handy chart showing exactly which 'Mechs work well as carriers. Of course there's one design that chart overlooks: the Balius, baby! A Minotaur could ride one at no penalty.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #94 on: 19 April 2018, 02:45:33 »
I'm...honestly not sure if that's correct. The rules that they seem to be referring to is lifting stuff with the Mech's hands, rather than carrying cargo externally. On the other hand, that entire section is under the Cargo Carrier rules..so that last line could apply to the entire section theoretically...especially since its referencing carrying more than 10-20% as cargo, which you can't do in the if you're just lifting with the arms.

That's...bleh. Too late to try to figure it out.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #95 on: 19 April 2018, 04:32:52 »
That's according to Paul, who was one of the developers for the rules for the MCS itself, so I'm inclined to take his word for it.

- Klarg1

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #96 on: 19 April 2018, 12:00:31 »
Yeah, I can see it. But man. That line about the Mechs being able to carry 10% without trouble should be in the main section, not tacked on at the end.

It does definitely bring up additional options though.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #97 on: 20 April 2018, 00:06:57 »
Hmm. now I'm wondering how the P2 fares compared to the standard Minotaur. Crit-seeking SRMs instead of the heavy hitting ERMLs.

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
« Reply #98 on: 20 April 2018, 02:08:31 »
Ok, I've done some more research and according to this, if a unit is 10% or less of the carrier's overall mass, it doesn't slow them at all. That opens things up considerably. Not just that, but that article also has a very handy chart showing exactly which 'Mechs work well as carriers. Of course there's one design that chart overlooks: the Balius, baby! A Minotaur could ride one at no penalty.

Why do I have this image of the horses taking the term cavalry waaaay to seriously. Quick someone draw a picture of a miniature during a Balius!!!

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #99 on: 01 May 2018, 15:00:36 »
Howdy, my fellow herd members! It’s been a good while and I decided to check in and see how things were faring in the touman!
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #100 on: 01 May 2018, 15:29:23 »
Howdy, my fellow herd members! It’s been a good while and I decided to check in and see how things were faring in the touman!

*slowly puts away a horse shaped pinata*
 You know these guys, always....horsing around !?!?!?
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #101 on: 02 May 2018, 01:13:11 »

Good to see you around Tassa. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of news about the Horses. TR3150 has something called "Operation NOYAN" which seems to be the Horses hitting the Ghost Bears and the Jade Falcons. Not alot of details, unless I missed them.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #102 on: 02 May 2018, 07:18:23 »
Oh there's lots of details, they're just not public at this point.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #103 on: 02 May 2018, 10:25:18 »
Good to see you around Tassa. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of news about the Horses. TR3150 has something called "Operation NOYAN" which seems to be the Horses hitting the Ghost Bears and the Jade Falcons. Not alot of details, unless I missed them.

I have that TRO, but I missed that reference. I will definitely go take a peek, even if the info is sparse. :)
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #104 on: 02 May 2018, 11:47:51 »
Yeah, its pretty hard to miss. I think the Hadur mentions something, and the rest just really requires slogging through it for minute details.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #105 on: 02 May 2018, 12:20:53 »
Yeah, its pretty hard to miss. I think the Hadur mentions something, and the rest just really requires slogging through it for minute details.

The Hadur entry mentions an attack on New Oslo...man, I wish the Horses well there, because losing that world to the Dominion really sucked for them.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #106 on: 02 May 2018, 12:39:44 »

The Hadur entry mentions an attack on New Oslo...man, I wish the Horses well there, because losing that world to the Dominion really sucked for them.

Not as.much as the clean up efforts after the bears took over. A totem animal that can defecate while it walks is nasty.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #107 on: 02 May 2018, 13:12:26 »
Leave it to Clan Share Bear to keep a tidy planet after our occupation! Even when it twas their fault in the first place...

:thumbsup:

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #108 on: 02 May 2018, 13:30:45 »
Leave it to Clan Share Bear to keep a tidy planet after our occupation! Even when it twas their fault in the first place...

:thumbsup:

TT

Sharing is caring, we ain't sharing cause we stopped caring ;)

So on a "topic" note, anyone else having as much fun as i am using those transforming tanks to ambush as i am? Its like a game of peekaboo i gauss yoooou.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #109 on: 02 May 2018, 13:38:25 »
So on a "topic" note, anyone else having as much fun as i am using those transforming tanks to ambush as i am? Its like a game of peekaboo i gauss yoooou.

...are the QuadVees in MegaMek now?!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #110 on: 02 May 2018, 13:41:17 »
I ran a city fight with 'em.... couldn't help myself from saying " Autobots, roll OUT! " a few times...

The Cyllaros is good firesupport unit when mixed with Harpagos... I ended up fielding Fast Recon and standard Toads, the AP Gauss variant, against some AU Jade Wolf forces.

You know they don't really have much in firepower, but they sure make up for nifftyness!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #111 on: 02 May 2018, 13:41:47 »

I believe so now...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #112 on: 02 May 2018, 13:48:01 »

Ayup. Love taking cover behind a lvl1 hill then popping up to fire, then ducking back down like a vicious prairie dog.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #113 on: 02 May 2018, 13:51:03 »
Well, I know what I’ll be downloading when I get home!

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #114 on: 02 May 2018, 13:54:51 »
Well, I know what I’ll be downloading when I get home!

Check with steve to see what his latest repackaging is the most stable. Super heavy protos are also a blast as well. Also suggest you run some Eponas cause they can Epwnya when used right. By right i mean chasing down anything and gnawing it to death. So much fun in a urban environment when you're just smashing through buildings like a cracked out ice ferret.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #115 on: 02 May 2018, 14:10:32 »
Check with steve to see what his latest repackaging is the most stable. Super heavy protos are also a blast as well. Also suggest you run some Eponas cause they can Epwnya when used right. By right i mean chasing down anything and gnawing it to death. So much fun in a urban environment when you're just smashing through buildings like a cracked out ice ferret.

I really need to sit down and make a Hell’s Horses Mongol Cluster at some point really soon. It’s long overdue.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #116 on: 02 May 2018, 14:16:47 »
I really need to sit down and make a Hell’s Horses Mongol Cluster at some point really soon. It’s long overdue.

Think lams are working as well if you feel like getting your transformers on.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #117 on: 02 May 2018, 14:33:14 »
Think lams are working as well if you feel like getting your transformers on.

Okay, consider me hyped. I’m going to fire it up tonight and give myself a refresher course on BattleTech.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #118 on: 02 May 2018, 14:41:35 »
Not sure what your weekend plans are but i'll be free to murderhobo you back into the fold :)
 Heh..hehe...hehehehehehehehe...sorry i just thought of kobold iic's vs quadvees.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #119 on: 03 May 2018, 15:29:54 »
HA! I laugh...

Wait till I show you TT-Toad mk.2's...

AP Gauss Toad w/ Mauser IIC and Infernos!

TT

Heh..hehe...hehehehehehehehe...sorry i just thought of kobold iic's vs quadvees.

There's a D&D reference there isn't there?
« Last Edit: 03 May 2018, 15:33:09 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse