Author Topic: Non-Existent Customer Service  (Read 9271 times)

MyndkryM

• Warrant Officer
Re: Non-Existent Customer Service
« Reply #30 on: 11 September 2019, 19:14:21 »
Brent Evans posted the following in the Kickstarter comment section a couple days ago, and might be of some help.

I appreciated the response and information I received from Mr. Evans. I am hoping for a resolution or an order status update soon.
« Last Edit: 11 September 2019, 19:19:27 by MyndkryM »
"Halfway down the trail to Hell,
In a shady meadow green
Are the Souls of all dead Troopers camped,
Near a good old-time canteen.
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddlers’ Green...."

-"Fiddler's Green" The US Cavalryman's Prayer

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
« Reply #31 on: 12 September 2019, 19:02:16 »
They HAVE a trained and dedicated Customer Service staff??  ???

Customer Service staff... Trained? Maybe. Dedicated? Clearly not. 6 months of waiting with no reply at all does not demonstrate a dedicated Customer Service staff...

Do they ever check the Customer Service (and related) threads here?  On their official forums?  ???

More importantly, do the Customer Service staff (Brent Evans in this case) ever check the Customer Service email address? Clearly not often enough and hence my corrective action suggestion so as to prevent a thread like this ever happening again.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #32 on: 12 September 2019, 19:35:47 »
They've mentioned their e-mail server has had issues, but that doesn't excuse ignoring posts here...

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: 13 September 2019, 13:20:54 »
Another week and still no response ….. SHOCKER!
Marshal Russell Trest Oberlan. "War to the sword ..... the sword to the hilt!"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #34 on: 13 September 2019, 13:32:26 »
Customer Service staff... Trained? Maybe. Dedicated? Clearly not. 6 months of waiting with no reply at all does not demonstrate a dedicated Customer Service staff...

More importantly, do the Customer Service staff (Brent Evans in this case) ever check the Customer Service email address? Clearly not often enough and hence my corrective action suggestion so as to prevent a thread like this ever happening again.

Brent's not the CS staff, he's the (was the) Line Developer making that statement and thus at least one step up which is why he asked to be CC'd.

Daryk, this is not the official means to communicate problems.  Its like someone saying their Op Ed in a newspaper discussing a customer service failure was not noticed by a local store.

Force, you keep suggesting big company solutions for what is a really small company.  They do not have 2 people wearing that hat let alone renting a cube-farm in India.

Did you check that your email service was not screening out their response?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
« Reply #35 on: 13 September 2019, 14:52:00 »
Brent's not the CS staff, he's the (was the) Line Developer making that statement and thus at least one step up which is why he asked to be CC'd.

Daryk, this is not the official means to communicate problems.  Its like someone saying their Op Ed in a newspaper discussing a customer service failure was not noticed by a local store.

Force, you keep suggesting big company solutions for what is a really small company.  They do not have 2 people wearing that hat let alone renting a cube-farm in India.

Did you check that your email service was not screening out their response?

Colt Ward, here is my suggestion again...

Suggested corrective action for CGL management:

Have a meeting once a week to review ANY outstanding customer service issues and work to resolve them for the customer. An outstanding issue would count as any issue more than a week old that has not been addressed and the customer notified. If there are circumstances that prevent the issue from being resolved quickly, at least notify the customer as to why.

Someone (ONE (1)) from CGL customer service checks the customer service email once a week for customer issues and works to resolve them and notify the customer. If there is no customer service anyone, then someone in CGL management that can make decisions, checks the customer service email once a week and addresses them.

A company of one can do this and everybody knows that CGL is bigger than just one person.

What is your suggestion Colt Ward for fixing the customer service problem? If you have a better suggestion, then by all means, lets hear it. GrayWolfActual didn't have any helpful suggestions...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #36 on: 13 September 2019, 15:23:48 »
Colt: these forums are one of CGL's official presences online, and should be checked at least as often as Facebook (if not Twitter).  At the very least, those shouting into the void here impact the rest of the site.  They've stated (repeatedly) they have issues with their e-mail server, so it would only make sense to check ALL their online presences.

MyndkryM

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #37 on: 13 September 2019, 19:59:14 »
So we are on the same page about what should be a reasonable expectation from the financial transaction with CGL.

I've spending some of my free time reading up on the Federal Trade Commission, and in particular the Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule.

16 CFR Part 435
Rule Summary:

The Rule, issued in 1975, requires sellers who solicit buyers to order merchandise through the mail, via the Internet, or by phone to have a reasonable basis to expect that the sellers can ship within the advertised time frame, or, if no time frame is specified, within 30 days. The Rule also requires that, when a seller cannot ship within the promised time, the seller must obtain the buyer’s consent to a delay in shipping or refund payment for the unshipped merchandise.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order

and

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0221-billed-merchandise-you-never-received

There is a problem.

I hope they get it fixed...especially considering CGL is taking on a HUGE en devour with their successful Kickstarter (which I am also a backer of).

And yes.....I checked my spam folder  ::)

In a shady meadow green

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #38 on: 14 September 2019, 10:58:31 »
What is your suggestion Colt Ward for fixing the customer service problem? If you have a better suggestion, then by all means, lets hear it. GrayWolfActual didn't have any helpful suggestions...

We have heard his suggestion already - he has declared the problem fixed and considers the current situation perfectly satisfactory.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: 16 September 2019, 13:56:12 »
Still waiting .......... now sending emails to THREE email addresses @ catalyst.
« Last Edit: 16 September 2019, 13:58:00 by Highball »

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 17 September 2019, 10:11:40 »
I am still waiting .....

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #41 on: 17 September 2019, 10:26:18 »
There's a customer service thread, which you've already posted in. Use that instead of throwing your toys around here.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #42 on: 17 September 2019, 10:46:44 »
We have heard his suggestion already - he has declared the problem fixed and considers the current situation perfectly satisfactory.

Actually, no that was not my suggestion . . . my suggestion was NOT acting like its 2-3 years ago when these threads were common b/c of their known problem with PDF & DTF combo orders.  This is the first in quite a while, and I also said the customer service person is probably spending most of their time trying to resolve the Shadowrun Sprawl Ops problem which is bigger and as it involves more customers.  I also pointed out its not like the damaged/broken minis from the box set, its the first one I have seen someone say they had a problem with a map.  Is the ship with the 2nd half of the GoAC boxes in port?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: 17 September 2019, 11:03:31 »
This has absolutely nothing to do with the thread, but Highball...I like your avatar!

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled harumph-ing.

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #44 on: 17 September 2019, 12:18:30 »
Actually, no that was not my suggestion . . . my suggestion was NOT acting like its 2-3 years ago when these threads were common b/c of their known problem with PDF & DTF combo orders.  This is the first in quite a while, and I also said the customer service person is probably spending most of their time trying to resolve the Shadowrun Sprawl Ops problem which is bigger and as it involves more customers.  I also pointed out its not like the damaged/broken minis from the box set, its the first one I have seen someone say they had a problem with a map.  Is the ship with the 2nd half of the GoAC boxes in port?

I stand corrected. Your suggestion that this is not a *real* problem and that Highball should stop whining while the more important customers are being dealt with.
-Frederick the Great

Highball

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #45 on: 17 September 2019, 12:27:17 »
There's a customer service thread, which you've already posted in. Use that instead of throwing your toys around here.

No one is forcing you to read or follow this thread. If you do not like it then ignore it and move on chief.

MyndkryM

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #46 on: 17 September 2019, 12:40:34 »
There are many issues that CGL needs to address.

I made a purchase on 8/5/19....today is 9/17/19.....and I have yet to even receive an acknowledgement that my inquiries into the issue have been read.

CGL addressing issues with other product lines does not exclude or excuse them from their responsibilities.

From the Federal Trade Commision's Business Guide to the FTC's Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule:

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order

What is the Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Rule?

The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."

If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise.

and

When Your Fulfillment Or Other Obligations Begin ("Properly Completed" Orders)

The "clock" on your obligation to ship or take other action under the Rule begins as soon as you receive a "properly completed" order. An order is properly completed when you receive the correct full or partial (in whatever form you accept) payment, accompanied by all the information you need to fill the order. Payment may be by cash, check, money order, the customer’s authorization to charge an existing account (including one you have created for the customer), the customer’s application to you for credit to pay for the order, or any other method.

It is irrelevant when you post or deposit payment, when checks clear, or when your bank credits your account. The clock begins to run when you receive a properly completed order.

Note, however, that if a customer’s check is returned or a customer is refused credit, the Rule stops the shipment clock. It is reset at day one when the customer gives you cash, the customer’s check is honored, or you receive notice that the customer qualifies for credit. At this point, you may take the amount of time you originally stated to fulfill the order.

and also

What You Must Do If You Learn You Cannot Ship on Time

When you learn that you cannot ship on time, you must decide whether you will ever be able to ship the order. If you decide that you cannot, you must promptly cancel the order and make a full refund.

If you decide you can ship the order later, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delay. You may use whatever means you wish to do this -- such as the telephone, fax, mail, or email -- as long as you notify the customer of the delay reasonably quickly. The customer must have sufficient advance notification to make a meaningful decision to consent to the delay or cancel the order.

Some businesses adopt internal deadlines that are earlier than those set by the Rule to ensure that their delay notices give all customers a meaningful opportunity to consent to the delay. If businesses fail to ship or give delay notifications by their internal deadlines, they automatically cancel the orders and make refunds.

In any event, no notification to the customer can take longer than the time you originally promised or, if no time was promised, 30 days. If you cannot ship the order or provide the notice within this time, you must cancel the order and make a prompt refund.
What a First Delay Option Notice Must Say

In seeking your customer’s consent to delay, the first delay notice you provide to the customer (the "delay option" notice) must include:

a definite revised shipment date or, if unknown, a statement that you are unable to provide a revised shipment date;
    a statement that, if the customer chooses not to wait, the customer can cancel the order and obtain a full and prompt refund; and
    some means for the customer to choose to cancel at your expense (e.g., by providing a postage prepaid reply card, toll-free telephone number, or website).
    the following information when you cannot provide a revised shipping date:
        the reason for the delay, and
        a statement that, if the customer agrees to the indefinite delay, the customer may cancel the order any time until you ship the merchandise.

If your first delay option notice provides a definite revised shipping date of 30 days or less, you must inform customers that their non-response will be treated as a consent to the delay.

NONE OF THE ABOVE HAS HAPPENED.

And I don't think I'm being unreasonable in just asking for an update and compliance to the above rules.
« Last Edit: 17 September 2019, 12:45:38 by MyndkryM »
In a shady meadow green

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #47 on: 17 September 2019, 13:05:14 »
*snip*

THANK YOU for finding the official words for what I´ve been trying to say the whole time.

CGL has legal obligations stemming from accepting orders.

What Colt Ward and others have said here are not valid excuses for CGL; if they were official CGL communications, they would be closer to an admission of guilt.
-Frederick the Great

MyndkryM

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #48 on: 18 September 2019, 10:06:47 »
I should follow up stating that CGL has fulfilled their obligations to the above rules in addressing my issue.

I appreciate their assistance and providing a satisfactory resolution.
In a shady meadow green

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #49 on: 18 September 2019, 15:23:00 »
No one is forcing you to read or follow this thread. If you do not like it then ignore it and move on chief.

Since I'M reading the thread, I'm asking you to behave like a reasonable person and not get aggressive at other posters. I'm asking it very nicely as well, because it's the only time I'm asking.

Being rude won't get things resolved any faster. Knock it off.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #50 on: 18 September 2019, 15:43:32 »
Since I'M reading the thread, I'm asking you to behave like a reasonable person and not get aggressive at other posters. I'm asking it very nicely as well, because it's the only time I'm asking.

Being rude won't get things resolved any faster. Knock it off.

He´s been polite and reasonable for months, and it didn´t exactly work out for him. At some point, you´ve got to stop blaming the ignored customer for his frustration.
-Frederick the Great

pixelgeek

• Master Sergeant
    • My blog
« Reply #51 on: 18 September 2019, 15:43:53 »
Because by selling direct they cut out the middleman and make more profit on what they manage to sell. Pure and simple Profit!

Sorry to get to this late but they sell at the MSRP so that they don't annoy their distributors and retailers. It had less to do with increasing profit and more to do with making sure that their products continue to get sold in stores

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #52 on: 18 September 2019, 16:47:19 »
He´s been polite and reasonable for months, and it didn´t exactly work out for him. At some point, you´ve got to stop blaming the ignored customer for his frustration.

++mod notice++
Frustration is fine. Taking it out in even the slightest way on any member of this forum is NEVER acceptable. I don't care if CGL's entire management staff broke into your house and peed on your TROs for the fourth time this week. You want to yell at someone, you do it anywhere that is Not Here. There are no exceptions.
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer
"We are the tribal elders. Weirdo is the mushroom specialist." - Worktroll

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #53 on: 18 September 2019, 18:11:24 »

Do not create another thread.
« Last Edit: 20 September 2019, 16:25:23 by Bosefius »
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Brent Evans

• Señor oscuro
  • Catalyst Game Labs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: 20 September 2019, 16:34:04 »
Hey there gang, there is actually a lot of work being done on this from several directions at the moment - so please excuse if you suddenly get multiple responses to your inquiries.  We'd rather err on over communication than letting anyone slip through the cracks.  For the next 4 weeks or so we are going to focus heavily on delivering resolution for all outstanding orders - and we'll tackle any weaknesses in our process after you're all squared away.

I am happy to report that our customer service Jedi (aka: Alexia) is currently rooting through all outstanding CS messages in order to get everyone's fulfillment issues solved.  If anyone reading this thread is still awaiting resolution for an issue please (1) find your original email to us, (2) forward it to "customerservice@catalystgamelabs.com" and CC myself and Ray - at (brent@catalystgamelab.coms) and (ray@catalystgamelabs.com) respectively.  This will allow Ray and I to make sure that no issues are getting lost (since we want to rule out any technical issues.)

Just a side note for the sake of clarity, please know that Customer Service has no idea about the comments on this thread.  I'm actually glad folks were able to vent here and alert us about outstanding issue going unresolved, but commenting on the Forum does not generate any kind of alert to Customer Service that they can take action on - so sending that email is key. 

THANK YOU for your assistance helping us bring your needs to resolution.  We absolutely want to get cool BattleTech stuff into everyone's clutches, and appreciate you letting us know.  If you've already emailed me personally and want to reply with a follow-up (and add Ray and Customer Service) by all means feel free to do so.  I'm not worrying about getting extra messages, just wanna make sure you're issues are resolved. :0)

If you've not received resolution within 1 month of this post - please let myself, Ray and customerservice@... know.  No order gets left behind.

Seyla.

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #55 on: 20 September 2019, 17:30:48 »
  In order to avoid duplicate threads regarding customer service problems we are closing this thread definitely. It gets confusing enough with only one thread at times. Two is too much.

If you have any problem with customer service please go to the general thread:

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=64290.0
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross