Author Topic: Hand held one-shot weapon heat  (Read 1009 times)

packhntr

• Lieutenant
Hand held one-shot weapon heat
« on: 20 February 2018, 09:47:30 »
As the heading states....Hand-held ONE-SHOT weapons.  Should they have to have heat sinks?  House rule we came up with is NO.  Example: We designed a 100 tonner that had a hand held rocket launcher battery with just enough structure (armor) to hold it all together.  It was one shot of like 10 rocket launcher (or more, I cannot recall exactly) 10's going off all at once from a lance! (10 RL 10's PER mech.....400 rockets!)  Funny as hell! Then the hand-helds were discarded and the actual battle began.  It was a major exploit of shock and awe.  Worked very well I may add! 

Thoughts? Comments? Thrown pottery?
If at first you don't succeed, make it worth the repairman's time!

SaltyDog325

• Recruit
Re: Hand held one-shot weapon heat
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2018, 13:45:19 »
Well...only energy weapons require heat sinks in a handheld. Ballistic (including Chemical Lasers) and missile weapons do not.
Tactical Operations pg. 314
TO Errata pg. 59

Seems to be the way to go with handhelds, fire quickly then dump. Since you give up the use of your arms and torso locations, just to carry it.

packhntr

• Lieutenant
Re: Hand held one-shot weapon heat
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2018, 15:01:05 »
Well...only energy weapons require heat sinks in a handheld. Ballistic (including Chemical Lasers) and missile weapons do not.
Tactical Operations pg. 314
TO Errata pg. 59

Seems to be the way to go with handhelds, fire quickly then dump. Since you give up the use of your arms and torso locations, just to carry it.

REALLY!?!?!??!  Awesome!  I always thought they did regardless of what weapon it was?!?!?!  KOOL!   House rules not needed! 
If at first you don't succeed, make it worth the repairman's time!

Register