Author Topic: Account Deleted?  (Read 1998 times)

Jasmane Wolf

• Recruit
Account Deleted?
« on: 19 March 2014, 22:04:02 »
Hi, I created this account to be able to post since as a guest I could not Post.
I am Khan Jade Wolf, and I have posted in this forum back in 2009 My story (unfinished yet) Devulgence of Honour and Posts in fan art, are both subjects I would like to finish. But I seem to have been deleted or there is some other reason for not being able to login. I tried to login and receive the message No such user name, and no such email assocated with that account. Funny I still have emails in the account I used to open the account!
Can you Help me out?

Khan Jade Wolf/Jasmane Wolf

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Account Deleted?
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2014, 22:17:43 »
Khan Jade Wolf,

You missed a total collapse of the forums around January 2011 or thereabouts. We basically got hacked, and lost everything from the version of the forums you would have been a member of, and posted on. What you're posting on now is a completely new, different forum that happens to sit in the same place.

So it's not that you were singled out - we all had to create new accounts, and lost any posts we'd done on the old forum. (This has happened 4-5 times over my time "here" since 2000 - sometimes due to malice, sometimes due to file corruption, sometimes from hardware failures & bad backups. The current forum version is far more stable, better protected, and better hosted, but we can't guarantee it might not happen again, any more than any other fan forum.)

Given that, I'd recommend you decide whether you want to stay as Jasmane Wolf, or create a new Khan Jade Wolf login. If you do that, reply here once you've done that, and I'll disable the Jasmane Wolf login - it's against forum rules to have two accounts.

Let me know if you have any more questions,

Cheers,

Worktroll, Administrator.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Jasmane Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2014, 23:26:15 »
Is it possible to open the old Post by me as Jade Wolf So I can continue the story once I have a new updated computer? If you Don't mind I will create a new Khan Jade Wolf Can you let me know if you can do my request about the old posts?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2014, 23:39:56 »
Let me have a think about how best to do that and get back to you, if that's OK. There may be some delay as I'm located in the harsh bikini-drenched land Down Under, and in a considerably different timezone than someone in the US. :)

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Jasmane Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2014, 01:42:40 »
he he Hi Cuz, I am in the land of the Midnight Sun the land of Ice and Snow The Land of the Best Darn Armed Forces Canada!
« Last Edit: 21 March 2014, 13:17:36 by Jasmane Wolf »

Jasmane Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2014, 05:29:21 »
Khan Jade Wolf,

You missed a total collapse of the forums around January 2011 or thereabouts. We basically got hacked, and lost everything from the version of the forums you would have been a member of, and posted on. What you're posting on now is a completely new, different forum that happens to sit in the same place.

So it's not that you were singled out - we all had to create new accounts, and lost any posts we'd done on the old forum. (This has happened 4-5 times over my time "here" since 2000 - sometimes due to malice, sometimes due to file corruption, sometimes from hardware failures & bad backups. The current forum version is far more stable, better protected, and better hosted, but we can't guarantee it might not happen again, any more than any other fan forum.)

Given that, I'd recommend you decide whether you want to stay as Jasmane Wolf, or create a new Khan Jade Wolf login. If you do that, reply here once you've done that, and I'll disable the Jasmane Wolf login - it's against forum rules to have two accounts.

Let me know if you have any more questions,

Cheers,

Worktroll, Administrator.
I would like to create Khan Jade Wolf again, since there are people I know in real life who are looking for that account!
Even if I am not able to access the old posts I will restart post and continue on as Jade Wolf!

Jasmane Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 03 April 2014, 00:20:22 »
I have tried to creat Khan Jade Wolf again and it keeps teling me that there is a user with the same name. (My old account)?

What's the trick to creating Khan Jade Wolf a second time?

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #7 on: 03 April 2014, 06:20:55 »
Khan Jade Wolf was a very active forum goer after the crash. Here is a link to their posts.
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2563

If these are your posts, you should only have to go through the forgot password system. I see there is an email address. If these aren't your posts, then someone else created an account with the same name (which doesn't surprise me with all of the variations of Jade Wolf that have been around on this and the previous incarnations of the forums.) There really isn't anything that can be done if someone else created an account by the same name. Bad luck all around.

Khan Jade Wolf

• Master Sergeant
  • Ut faciem venti bellum
« Reply #8 on: 03 April 2014, 13:00:48 »
Khan Jade Wolf was a very active forum goer after the crash. Here is a link to their posts.
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2563

If these are your posts, you should only have to go through the forgot password system. I see there is an email address. If these aren't your posts, then someone else created an account with the same name (which doesn't surprise me with all of the variations of Jade Wolf that have been around on this and the previous incarnations of the forums.) There really isn't anything that can be done if someone else created an account by the same name. Bad luck all around.

Thank You, Cavingjan, thank you to all who helped out in getting me back into this account!

I was getting confusing messages when I tried to loginn as Jade, it was a frustrating time as this computer is just able to handle the forums! LOL I have had this computer since 2003.
« Last Edit: 03 April 2014, 13:32:26 by Khan Jade Wolf »
Semper paratus !
Praesto Novastar defendere!