Author Topic: (Answered) Infantry Transport Bay Capacity  (Read 3964 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
(Answered) Infantry Transport Bay Capacity
« on: 07 November 2019, 04:52:16 »
I submitted errata on this, but haven't seen a response, so I'm trying here.

Page 239 of the current printing of Tech Manual lists a capacity of 28 troopers in a 5-ton bay.  But pages 145, 147 and 155 together suggest this value should be 30, at least for Foot Infantry.  Jump and Motorized bay capacities may warrant revision to align with pages 145, 147 and 155 as well.  I believe Mechanized Infantry bays are already aligned.  As I recall, the table on page 155 was added via errata some years ago, and while the Transport Bay table has also seen several revisions in errata, I don't believe any of them were coordinated with the change on 155.
« Last Edit: 08 May 2021, 21:05:25 by Xotl »

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
Re: Infantry Transport Bay Capacity
« Reply #1 on: 07 December 2019, 17:51:12 »
pg. 239 will be updated to 30 troopers to be in line with pages 145, 147, and 155.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Infantry Transport Bay Capacity
« Reply #2 on: 07 December 2019, 20:19:19 »
Fantastic news, thank you sir!  :thumbsup:

Register