Author Topic: Artillery Cluster rounds  (Read 1367 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Artillery Cluster rounds
« on: 14 January 2017, 20:37:38 »
This recently came up in a table top game . . .

I had a artillery unit firing a Cluster round and hitting the target.  Now Cluster damage is considered a hit as a Shot from Above.  But what happens if that hit is against a Quad?  It has no upper arms . . .

For the game it did not matter since it hit a side torso, but to speed things along in the future I thought I would see if anyone had an answer I had missed.  Btw, Cluster munitions TO pg 354.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Wrayth

• Warrant Officer
Re: Artillery Cluster rounds
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2017, 22:20:36 »
That's actually a very good question.  Since the shot-from-above table for standard mechs is also known as the punch table, I'd assume it would use the quad mech punch table on p. 145 of Total Warfare.  This is the table used by death-from-above attacks as well.
« Last Edit: 14 January 2017, 22:28:01 by Wrayth »
"If brute force isn't working, you obviously aren't using enough of it."

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2017, 22:30:56 »
I'd assume that hit's to the arms become hits to the front legs, isn't that the usual way it works?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2017, 22:40:53 »
Sure when firing weapons from the front, right, left or behind . . . but above might be different which is why I asked.  Going to have to find where the TW went when I cleaned up before Christmas.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2017, 23:31:36 »
Page 175 has what you are looking for.

Shot from Above
Die Roll (1D6) Hit Location (Four legged)**
1 Left Arm (Left Front Leg)
2 Front/Rear Left Torso*
3 Front/Rear Center Torso*
4 Front/Rear Right Torso*
5 Right Arm (Right Front Leg)
6 Head

I didn't check for errata. I'm a bit to lazy.  Only item I don't think makes sense is that the legs would be static.  Maybe look to see if there is errata or house rule it to open up hits on the back legs similar to the way a tri-pod works? 1-3 for front and 4-6 to the rear.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #5 on: 14 January 2017, 23:58:46 »
See I was pondering if it hit the back armor on a quad, except you end up with 1 too many locations.  We played it like a bi-pedal since we did not know, since it was splash damage with 2 points, eh.
Colt Ward

Register