Author Topic: The Wolf Skinners [3024]  (Read 63807 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: The Wolf Skinners [3024]
« Reply #540 on: 07 January 2024, 15:13:10 »
I thought the lasers were centerline, and the heat sink was in the side torso...

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #541 on: 07 January 2024, 18:15:44 »
Flamer is in chest vs in left arm where he can aim?

I though the Mediums were in (former) SRM Launch bay, left torso and heat sink was in chest.  I didn't see mention where Flamer went, but he was proposing it vs where it was going.
That was Smoke grand plan.. You know he figured it would be easier to pipe the Plasma that way..  Not like he understands fully.

I mean he looked at figuring out how to disengage the PPC safety feature, because he heard about it somewhere
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #542 on: 07 January 2024, 18:24:46 »
Reply #449 here gives the specific details.  The Heat Sink is in the LT, so that's where the Flamer would be.  I gave Lt. Ranjeet a bonus on designing the install of the second laser because it was in the same location (CT) as the first.  Putting the Flamer in the arm (where nothing was removed) would increase the class of the refit...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #543 on: 08 January 2024, 19:38:08 »
Woo!  Working on a second potential player now... probably going to be a bit before my next IC post... ;)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #544 on: 09 January 2024, 13:03:38 »
Woo!  Working on a second potential player now... probably going to be a bit before my next IC post... ;)
way to go
Smoke is ready to welcome new members...  I will share some great ideas with them
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Horsemen

• Four for the price of one!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • CDT Agent #191
« Reply #545 on: 09 January 2024, 20:53:42 »
Cool!  I'm always looking for players, so if you're interested just let me know... :)

I haven't gone through all the IC yet. How often do PCs actually get out of their 'Mechs and do things?

What are your character build guidelines?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #546 on: 09 January 2024, 20:57:03 »
Basically, PM me a general idea of what you want, and I'll generate a strawman with my spreadsheet that we tweak together from there.  The only restriction is that they have to fit the story so far (former FWL unit that sided with Anton, ran for it right after the Dragoons went rogue, became mercs for a decade, then crash landed on Astrokaszy... there are a few characters who were on Astrokaszy already, but that will require extra negotiation)... :)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #547 on: 10 January 2024, 15:14:49 »
Smoke can offer great weapon use ideas. not just mech use

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #548 on: 10 January 2024, 18:25:43 »
Certainly, but I think he'll keep finding resistance to the Flamer employment scheme... Lieutenant Stevenson (in the Vulcan) is grappling with that problem too...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #549 on: 17 January 2024, 16:01:00 »
On last question on the Panther, so a heat sink was moved to left torso (or was it added, this add extra 1).  SRM 4 and ammo is gone and 2 x Medium Lasers  former SRM location, the Flamer is in left torso?

This is what I came up and validated.

Code: [Select]
Panther PNT-9R-WS
Mass: 35 tons
Chassis: Alshain 56-Carrier
Power Plant: Leenex 140
Cruising Speed: 43.2 kph
Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
Jump Jets: Lexington Lifters      
Jump Capacity: 120 meters
Armor: Maximillian 42
Armament:      
1 PPC      
2 Medium Laser      
1 Flamer
Manufacturer: Alshain Weapons,Alshain Weapons (formerly GK&T owned), GK&T Enterprises      
Primary Factory: Alshain, Jarett, New Oslo
Communication System: Sipher CommCon CSU-4
Targeting & Tracking System: Cat's Eyes 5
Introduction Year: 3024
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-E-D-D Cost: 2,486,385 C-bills

Overview
The Panther is one of the BattleMechs that is most iconic of the Draconis Combine. The design was originally commissioned in 2739 at the behest of the Star League to provide fire support for other light, fast-moving 'Mech units, with the first models going to the SLDF to fight bandits along the Periphery border.

Wolf Skinner's has such a model, with some modification, the Panther retains it's PPC, while two medium lasers and a Famer are added.
Flamer is mounted on the left torso. While the Medium Lasers are mounted in the former SRM-4 launcher's missile bay.

History
Reworked due being stranded on pirate world of Astrokaszy, the Wolf Skinner's Tech Smoke, reworked the Mech with anti-infantry.

Type: Panther
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Introductory)
Tonnage: 35
Battle Value: 857
Equipment Mass
Internal Structure 3.5
Engine 140 Fusion 5

Walking MP: 4
     Running MP: 6
     Jumping MP: 4

Heat Sink:13 - 3
Gyro:  2
Cockpit: 3
Armor Factor: 104 6.5

Internal Structure - Armor Value
Head 3 9
Center Torso 11 14
Center Torso (rear) 7
R/L Torso 8 10
R/L Torso (rear) 5
R/L Arm 6 10
R/L Leg 8 12

Weapons and Ammo
Location - Critical - Tonnage
2 Jump Jet LL 2 1
2 Medium Laser CT 2 2
4 Heat Sink RT 4 4
4 Heat Sink LT 4 4
Flamer LT 1 1
2 Jump Jet RL 2 1
PPC RA  3 7
Features the following design quirks: Improved Targeting (Short), Nimble Jumper
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #550 on: 17 January 2024, 18:09:19 »
There is no Flamer.  As I've mentioned before the general judgment of the unit is "too soon".  The Flamer the unit has was salvaged from the Flea that roasted one of the unit's squads.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #551 on: 17 January 2024, 19:11:44 »
okay....
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #552 on: 18 January 2024, 07:47:13 »
Blu rolls up an old copy of Frontlines, a SLDF publication to the troops of the Terran Hegemony, and bunts Wrangler over his twiddle head, ala Wombat cartoonish style.

" Bad Editor, bad! No! No Flamers! " He said, bunting every syllable to make the point across better.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #553 on: 23 January 2024, 19:55:24 »
I got permission to use as you're Panther (when you guys start posting chapters again). I added the background.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #554 on: 23 January 2024, 19:57:19 »
That's a little more grass than Astrokaszy sports, but not a bad Panther!  What do you think DOC?

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #555 on: 24 January 2024, 20:57:50 »
There is no Flamer.  As I've mentioned before the general judgment of the unit is "too soon".  The Flamer the unit has was salvaged from the Flea that roasted one of the unit's squads.
Yeah, only Smoke thought it was a great idea...  The LT said no.. 

Nice picture for Kat

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #556 on: 24 January 2024, 21:19:43 »
And the LT said it well... I commend him for that! :)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #557 on: 06 February 2024, 20:12:41 »
I've been working on NPCs while waiting for responses from the potential new players... Bianchi is WAY smarter than she lets on... ;)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #558 on: 11 February 2024, 12:36:35 »
Still working on recruitment, but I think I should provide some kind of IC update... We'll see what I can throw together today...

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #559 on: 17 March 2024, 12:47:31 »
So are we all dead yet?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #560 on: 18 March 2024, 03:23:45 »
No, nothing like that... just very distracted this weekend, sorry!  I'll get things moving again this week.  Nothing further heard from the recruits... :/

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #561 on: 18 March 2024, 09:41:24 »
Truetanker! Don't distract Daryk with laser pointer! (Just kidding)

I hope guys can get on the horse get going again, it's interest twist in story telling.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #562 on: 18 March 2024, 14:22:21 »
Truetanker! Don't distract Daryk with laser pointer! (Just kidding)

@Daryk:

I'm not...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #563 on: 18 March 2024, 17:12:09 »
Sadly, my wife's cat has grown bored of the automated laser point she bought... it's human driven or nothing, it seems...

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #564 on: 25 March 2024, 21:36:11 »
Sadly, my wife's cat has grown bored of the automated laser point she bought... it's human driven or nothing, it seems...
Sorry you mean Slave Driven

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #565 on: 26 March 2024, 03:13:34 »
Darn cat bit me twice last night for not paying enough attention to her... ::)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #566 on: 01 April 2024, 05:11:04 »
Darn cat bit me twice last night for not paying enough attention to her... ::)
that is your fault Slave

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #567 on: 01 April 2024, 09:49:52 »
(.... meanwhile, on other side of the planet...)

<A massive industrial scrap city of a Mobile Structure crawls across the sandy dunes of the world's parched land scape. Artifact from Star League mining attempts have been cobbled together by scrappy survivors whom had not be part of tribal/ city-states of the world.>

<While ever slow and never seemly stopping, it's inhabitants extend on of its crane like arms and use almost Tesla-like components magnetically grapple forgotten wrecks from endless desert tracks.  Once mighty Reunification War era Pillager from sand slopes of the desert.  Carefully bring on old wreck with it's valuable twin AC/20 auto cannons aboard for reprocessing. >

<Another day in light of scavenger city, as it makes slow trek to direct of shooting star of months ago seemly giving promise of more wealth resources for bottomless hunger of it's resources needy inhabitants.>

Sorry, just wanted to drop this as motivation for you guys rpg.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #568 on: 01 April 2024, 17:17:17 »
That's... not really where I'm aiming to take the story...

If there are no objections or suggestions for the mission to Rabigh, I'll move it along later this week.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #569 on: 14 April 2024, 19:30:09 »
I heard back from one of the recruits!  Working out a few more details, and hope to have them posting soon... :)

Register