Author Topic: *UnOfficial* Fan Financing 2.0 Wave 2 Suggestion Thread.  (Read 33649 times)

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
Re: *UnOfficial* Fan Financing 2.0 Wave 2 Suggestion Thread.
« Reply #120 on: 17 September 2015, 09:13:39 »
I wonder if we will be allowed to fan fund the classic minis?

Really seems like it would be a waste of the program in my opinion. With the popularly of those designs they should be at the top of the standard release list as soon as they are published, if not sooner.  Save fan funding for minis that need the help.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #121 on: 17 September 2015, 09:26:06 »
I would like to see the Torso for the Dire Wolf Widowmaker, W with AC-20 and the arm pieces of to make either version.

The Direwolf needs an entirely new sculpt. Actually, Chris 'SCUG' Lewis already has a 3D model that would work.
I wonder if we could somehow fund this into the release schedule? Especially since he already has all the variant
parts modeled up, too. 

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #122 on: 17 September 2015, 12:09:03 »
The Direwolf needs an entirely new sculpt. Actually, Chris 'SCUG' Lewis already has a 3D model that would work.
I wonder if we could somehow fund this into the release schedule? Especially since he already has all the variant
parts modeled up, too.

Honestly, I would love to see the Mad Cat, Vulture, and Warhawk also.  They are the only ones of the Clan Omnis that were not CAD mastered.  The fact that they are all small, and other issues, like the Warhawk's arms hitting the legs or the Vulture's Arms being huge...

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #123 on: 17 September 2015, 12:26:34 »
Honestly, I would love to see the Mad Cat, Vulture, and Warhawk also.  They are the only ones of the Clan Omnis that were not CAD mastered.  The fact that they are all small, and other issues, like the Warhawk's arms hitting the legs or the Vulture's Arms being huge...
Hey now... this is how scale creep happens.  Rather than tuning the remainder of the CAD omnis to existing sculpts they were scaled a little bigger and joints are different.  Now we need to make the first 4 bigger to match... rinse, repeat.  Those omnis are just the right size and it isn't difficult to assemble them so arms don't hit legs, etc.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #124 on: 17 September 2015, 12:37:00 »
I would be loathed to redo them since the arms are interchangeable now. Sure you could change the legs and torso but the arms would not be touched since they currently work with the others and it isn't worth changing them and then having to redo all of the associated variant bits.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #125 on: 17 September 2015, 12:38:20 »

If we did a round of resculpts then I would like to see one of the Vulture mk.IV.
The TRO 3145 Merc cover art is amazing but we got a droopy mini based upon the DA model.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #126 on: 17 September 2015, 13:57:20 »
Hey now... this is how scale creep happens.

Nope!! Check out the Alpha Strike promotional CAD/RP plastic Timberwolf. It's perfectly in scale, and was one of Chris 'SCUG' Lewis' 3D models.

The Direwolf would hopefully be a bit taller (and a lot bulkier) than the current sculpt, but certainly not a case of "scale creep."

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #127 on: 17 September 2015, 15:53:48 »
Is this round going to be all resculpts/variants of already-existing designs again?
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #128 on: 17 September 2015, 16:08:02 »
I'd prefer to see zero resculpts/variants.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #129 on: 17 September 2015, 16:18:28 »
Is this round going to be all resculpts/variants of already-existing designs again?

No sense going Emo at this point in the game. It's entirely up to the community to vote.

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #130 on: 17 September 2015, 17:07:35 »
No sense going Emo at this point in the game. It's entirely up to the community to vote.

No, I'm asking because I'd like to know if any provision was made to assure this won't be the same this time around. If so, I'd prefer to hire someone to draw it out in CAD and fund a few myself to distribute among friends.
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #131 on: 17 September 2015, 17:21:15 »
Check out the Alpha Strike promotional CAD/RP plastic Timberwolf.
Where would one find this?  I don't see anything on CSO.

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #132 on: 17 September 2015, 17:23:00 »
re: resculpts

I can't find the post I am looking for but I do remember either B3 or Speck noting that the next fan funding round would have no rescuplts.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #133 on: 17 September 2015, 17:40:29 »
The First/Last round only had 2 "Resculpts" of the 6.  The other 4 were Original sculpts.  No, I don't consider the Primitives to be Resculpts.  I don't consider the Reimaged Classics to be Resculpts either!  I want 'em, and I want 'em NOW!    :Jumpy:   [whipit]    :D

I'd prefer to see zero resculpts/variants.
"Like + Infinity!"  O0   [applause] [applause]

re: resculpts

I can't find the post I am looking for but I do remember either B3 or Speck noting that the next fan funding round would have no rescuplts.
Did they say that in one of the Financing threads maybe?  If you can find it, I'd LOVE to see that quote!   [cheers]

While I LOVE what B-3 did with the Flashman and Highlander (and I've recently pre-ordered 2 of each from Aries Games & Minis!), I didn't see the point in resculpting either one, so I neither voted for nor helped fund either one.  I maintain that IWM should make NEW minis FIRST, before they waste time/money/effort on Resculpts.
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Last Edit: 17 September 2015, 17:48:35 by IAMCLANWOLF »

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #135 on: 17 September 2015, 20:09:43 »
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=48814.0

ETA: Also... http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/blog/528495.page

Hey IAMCLANWOLF, I think you mean the introbox high quality Mad Cat, not an Alpha Strike branded one...

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #136 on: 17 September 2015, 22:07:00 »
Hey IAMCLANWOLF, I think you mean the introbox high quality Mad Cat, not an Alpha Strike branded one...

Pretty sure it was given away at GenCon as a Demo with the Battlemaster when you purchased both Alpha Strike card packs.
Admittedly, it's been a while (and I was not actually there).

-Justin 

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
« Reply #137 on: 17 September 2015, 23:46:26 »
Well, we got a MadCat and a BattleMaster in the box set... Maybe both happened?

- Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #138 on: 17 September 2015, 23:54:17 »
If my memory serves me correctly the high quality, multi-part, plastic MadCat and Battlemaster that are in the current Battletech Introductory Box Set were given away as gifts at Gencon 2014 or possibly Gencon 2013.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #139 on: 18 September 2015, 06:39:41 »
Pretty sure it was given away at GenCon as a Demo with the Battlemaster when you purchased both Alpha Strike card packs.
Admittedly, it's been a while (and I was not actually there).

-Justin

Haha, probably both :)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #140 on: 18 September 2015, 16:52:58 »
We have designs that have never had sculpts so I would think they would have priority over variants and resculpts.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

mike19k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #141 on: 18 September 2015, 19:35:14 »
We have designs that have never had sculpts so I would think they would have priority over variants and resculpts.

This is my thought, and I see primitives and the like as a variant. If we do not have at least one sculpt for everything released yet, I do not want to see more for what we do have. Having said that does not mean I do not really like the look of the new classics but we already have them. I build units and get them painted up, it is frustrating how many times I go through the TRO's and come up with what I need for this unit only to find that there is no miniature for it. But if you want a thunderbolt there is 1000 different sculpts. (I just only a little)

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #142 on: 18 September 2015, 20:33:08 »
I really want to get some more 'Mech-scale fighters, is they're allowed this round.  We haven't had on since the Vulcan, and have four whole TROs worth of stuff untouched, plus the number of older fighters still missing.

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
« Reply #143 on: 19 September 2015, 00:06:52 »
+1. Very good suggestion.

- Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #144 on: 21 September 2015, 14:01:18 »

This is why, in my initial and erroneous post, I suggested a limit on resculpts. This coming from a guy who is very interested in certain resculpts.
I really want to get some more 'Mech-scale fighters, is they're allowed this round.  We haven't had on since the Vulcan, and have four whole TROs worth of stuff untouched, plus the number of older fighters still missing.

I'd really like to see more fighters as well. The rest of them from 2750 and 3075 in particular.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

BCullen

• Private
« Reply #145 on: 22 September 2015, 02:25:27 »
I say this every time, but here goes again: More BA please! Especially the Black Wolf and Cuchulain.  O0

While I agree that there are a number of aircraft and various specialized vehicles that are deserving of minis, BA is far easier to integrate into most games and doesn't require much of a departure from the basic rules, making them ideal for newer players. That, combined with the numerous really nice designs, really makes me wonder why BA mini releases aren't almost as common mech releases...

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #146 on: 22 September 2015, 12:08:32 »
Battle Armor always seemed more 'theme' appropriate to me than regular infantry, so I wouldn't complain about seeing more of the little dudes. However, they are somewhat less visually appealing to me than fighters and mechs. It just seems that there is only so much you can do at that size without making it looks cartoonish. Plus, I really want a Corax!

Ouchies

• Warrant Officer
  • Rightly good batchall my good sport. Rightly good.
« Reply #147 on: 30 September 2015, 08:43:25 »
I would immediately cash out a few hundred dollars to Iron Wind if they had a Koroshiya sculpt.

The Tenshi gets a close second nod.   O0

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #148 on: 30 September 2015, 10:05:43 »
I would immediately cash out a few hundred dollars to Iron Wind if they had a Koroshiya sculpt.

The Tenshi gets a close second nod.   O0

O0... on both accounts.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #149 on: 30 September 2015, 10:22:23 »
Tenshi is scheduled for 3rd quarter.

Register