Author Topic: If Dune had been made into a movie in the 1950s...  (Read 201 times)

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
Re: If Dune had been made into a movie in the 1950s...
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2024, 11:43:20 »
Aww, I wanted to see it ultra-low-budget Ed Wood style!

cheers,

Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2024, 12:07:30 »
Yeah, the AI needs to realize they didn't have glossy CG orbital shots in the 50s

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2024, 13:39:52 »
Wonder if anyone has suggested to this person to do an AI mockup of Asimov's Foundation...they've already done Dune, LoTR, GoT, Pirates of the Caribbean, and even Zelda...but the only visual screen reference is the (dramatically awful) Apple+ series...

I admit to only have just finished reading the Second Foundation trilogy by the "Three B's".  For some reason, after that, I picture Charlton Heston (with hair dyed black) as Hari Seldon...

cheers,

Gabe

So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2024, 16:35:36 »
Too bad Herbert didn't write it until the '60s... ::)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2024, 16:48:16 »
That, and the LotR 50's, were very well done! although I read the title as "in the 1980s" originally, and thought "Hey ..."
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2024, 18:58:33 »
Wow!  I hadn't watched those until you suggested them! :)