Author Topic: (Answered) Limited Amphibious Movement  (Read 1185 times)

Bandit Queen

• Corporal
(Answered) Limited Amphibious Movement
« on: 16 November 2018, 07:25:36 »
I am confused over how to use Limited Amphibious (TO, p.302) equipment.  I have heard from another player that you have to "switch gears", which basically means that a third movement option is created: Cruise, Flank, or Limited Amphibious.  I don't see this in any of the rules.  From what I see, Limited Amphibious works like the following.

Step 1:  Declare movement of Cruise or Flank.  If a water hex is in the desired movement path, then only Cruise (TW, p.53) may be declared.

Step 2:  Use Cruise MP.  For an example, lets say that a unit with Limited Amphibious is two hexes away from a water hex.  The unit has a Cruise MP of 3.  There is a Level 0 Clear Hex in front of the unit and it moves into that hex at 1 MP.  The Depth 0+ Water Hex is now in front of the unit.  Because it has Limited Amphibious equipment, it may enter any Water Hex.  When it does so, it can use a maximum of 2 MP or the remaining MP of the vehicle (whichever is less).  Remaining MP is 2, so there is no reduction.  Moving into each Water Hex costs 2 MP, so this unit uses it's remaining MP and ends it's movement phase floating in the Water Hex.

1)   Is the method I described above the proper way to use Limited Amphibious equipped units?
« Last Edit: 20 November 2018, 17:02:02 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Limited Amphibious Movement
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2018, 02:43:00 »
You have to start the turn adjacent to water, and the water movement is your only movement.  This is Flank Speed, as per the entry.  Same with leaving: get adjacent to land, switch to your other movement.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register