Author Topic: Winfields Light Cavalry. Orion and Chameleon  (Read 4107 times)

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
Winfields Light Cavalry. Orion and Chameleon
« on: 13 May 2011, 13:20:09 »
The FedCom civil war was a chaotic time, with loyalties divided, allies turned to enemies, and whole commands shattered from within and without. From that chaos whole new units arose. One such was the mercenary command that came to be known as Winfields Light Cavalry.

Captain Franklin Winfield piloting one of the units two heavy mechs in command of their first of two mech lances. A field refited Orion ON1-K with the Autocannon swaped out for an LB-X model and the medium lasers upgraded to extended versions  and CASE added to protect the otherwise highly exposed ammunition.

Lieutenant Mitchel Carter Pilots the lead mech of the units other mech lance. A Chameleon that began it's life as one of the 7W combat models deployed for field trials with pro-Katherine forces where it fell victim to massed LRM bombardment. The gyro was completley destroyed, and of it's weapons compliment, only the one medium laser was repairable by the WLC's technicians. However being a widely produced design, replacement parts where found off of an older training model. Lt. Carter had the techs keep the replacement modles weapons mounts. With a second medium laser and two small lasers, it maintains the look of the classic 7V but with somewhat improved armour, and heat curve in order to cause confusion amongst opponents, many of whom are intimitley familliar from personal experience with the limitations of the original

And if you survived this far, a bonus. I am not satisfied with the paint job, but I love the bash.

« Last Edit: 13 May 2011, 14:49:19 by ShadowRaven »
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
Re: Winfields Light Cavalry. Orion and Chameleon
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2011, 13:23:43 »
Very nice 8).
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

willydstyle

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2011, 13:26:35 »
The bash on the Warhammer and the panel highlighting on the Orion both came out very well.  I think if you did something more to your cockpits, it would help them stand out even more.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2011, 13:29:49 »
if you've seen my jewling attempts you would see why I have gone to a much more plain cockpit. They are however mixed with a pearlescent paint, so they do glitter quite nicely up close.
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Fatebringer

• Major
  • 138th Mechanized Infantry The Chicago Division
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2011, 13:57:47 »
I always love slogans on mechs ;) I  {>{> that Chameleon!  [rockon]

Star Captain Jared Siegel ~ Clan Snow Raven Forum
"If every mech was built like in MWO, we'd all be carrying ammo in our feet..."

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2011, 14:22:57 »
dude, those are sweet, i love the 'bad karma' on the chameleon's gun barrel  O0
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Saatch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2011, 14:39:24 »
Love 'em! Nice basing too.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2011, 15:49:26 »
Ooh, nice.  Like the Warhammer too.O0

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2011, 20:07:10 »
 [rockon]
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."