Author Topic: Looking for information about the 7 Invading Clans during/after Tukayyid  (Read 1184 times)

IntoTheRain

• Recruit
  • Be Joe Cool.
I was wondering if I could get some help understanding the differences in styles between the clans during and after Tukayyid.  It seems to me like all of them but the Jags were 'go fast and hit hard'.

Basically for each clan I was wondering:
- Do they have a preference for aerofighters/elementals?  Or do they all mostly stick with the 3 mech/1 elemental/1 aero layout. (bears I know prefer elementals)
- Do they have preferred weapons?  I believe the Nova Cats prefer ERLLs.  Do other clans have similar preferences when it comes to weaponry?  This doesn't feel as laid out as it was for the IS in 3025.
- What kind of tactics do they prefer?  Are some of them using their speed to get in close while others try to keep their distance?  Do any of them use LRMs/Artillery/something similar to soften people up first? Do they have unique maneuvers they try? 
- Culturally, do each of the clans have different rituals/practices they preform during or after battle that sets them apart from the others? 
- Do any of them fight in a way that is radically different from clan norms?

Edit: I forgot about the sharks. 7* clans.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2018, 15:08:53 by IntoTheRain »

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
I guess a little guidance... first off though, most info can be found easiest in books like the two Clan Field Manuals, and if you can find a copy of The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky that book is the single best guide still to the Clans in-general. Worth the difficulty to find.

+Tactics vary. The Jaguars loved using Daishis and Masakaris to rumble over an opponent, the Falcons prefer the mobility provided by Thors and Lokis, etc.- even how strict they treat the rituals of combat (zellbrigen) varied wildly. The Clans share a common background and basic culture, but they often vary wildly between one to another.

+Artillery in the invasion era is a disgusting concept to the Clans- they'll use it if they have to (the Falcons, for example, deployed Arrow launchers during their invasion of Apollo due the fortress defenses), but they find it to be pretty distasteful. If you have Clan artillery landing on your positions, you have seriously pissed them off.

+Culture is a common background, like I said, but you'll find major differences. The Cats in particular are mystics, using fasts and such to seek visions to guide their paths through their lives. The Bears often have Great Works, artistic projects that last a warrior's lifetime (which, granted, isn't a long life...), the Sharks love the thrill of commerce as well as combat, etc.

+Weapons, at least in 3050, are pretty standard across the board. Omnimechs can mount pretty much anything, and the Clans fight often enough that salvage is a way of life, so everything is pretty much owned by everyone- it isn't for another decade you start to see heavy lasers, ATM racks, etc. start showing up and muddying the waters a bit (and even then only briefly).
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Register