Author Topic: Snow Raven heavy mechs?  (Read 723 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Snow Raven heavy mechs?
« on: 15 February 2024, 16:37:44 »
I was just thinking about the Snow Ravens today for some reason and I was realizing that while they've been getting a lot of attention in the TROs for the past decade, it seems like most of their mechs are mediums or assaults.  What heavy mechs do they like to use?  The only thing that comes to mind is the Merlin C, but I'm sure they've got more than that even if they're not a very mech-centric force.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
Re: Snow Raven heavy mechs?
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2024, 16:52:04 »

Well if they are heavy/assault focused it could very well be the result of not being mech centric - they would make sure that the few mech forces they do have are equipped with heavy hitting stuff

Lighter mechs they build or procure would be distributed to AMC units

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2024, 16:54:37 »
They've recently begun deploying Warcrows.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2024, 21:20:41 »
And White Ravens.  Anything else popular in their forces?

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2024, 22:19:13 »
They build the Rifleman IIC, so I imagine there's a fair few of those.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 15 February 2024, 23:53:03 »
Warcrow, Rifleman IIC, and White Raven are the core of their heavies. The Merlin C is also a thing (ymmv). They still produce the Merlin and Bombardier, though those are reserved for the OA-descended units

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2024, 11:16:07 »

Also Vulture Mk III.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Starfury

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 16 February 2024, 21:23:41 »
The Vulture in general
The Black Python/Viper (not to be confused with the Vuper/Dragonfly or the Free Worlds Leauge's Viper)
The Crossbow
The Hercules for second line units

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #8 on: 16 February 2024, 22:07:22 »
Where are the Ravens getting access to the Hercules?

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2024, 22:35:31 »
Where are the Ravens getting access to the Hercules?
The OA was among the first states to order them, and it was suspected that it was to reverse engineer them.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2024, 23:49:07 »
The OA was among the first states to order them, and it was suspected that it was to reverse engineer them.

TRO: Clan Invasion as the source.

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 17 February 2024, 13:41:38 »

According to the TRO the OA bought 2 companies of said Mech (24) but 5 were unaccounted for. My guess: the Alliance offered the Mech to the Ravens in a sort of bargain for other goods. One of the notable Hercules pilots is a female Raven Mechwarrior who enjoys beating her opponets with an "inferior" Mech

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #12 on: 17 February 2024, 19:22:31 »
One of the notable Hercules pilots is a female Raven Mechwarrior who enjoys beating her opponets with an "inferior" Mech

Thanks for sharing this. I'm always on the lookout for good notable Raven pilots and I'd never have even thought to look there.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #13 on: 17 February 2024, 19:50:30 »
That entry originally debuted in TRO 3055 Upgrade.  It also says that her mech was captured and unless the entry was updated in TRO Clan Invasion there's no mention of any other Hercs in the Snow Ravens.

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 19 February 2024, 07:19:26 »
To be honest it was my assumption that the Alliance gave the Ravens some of those Mechs in part of a trade deal.Or perhaps part of a "trial of possesion". You know those trials where the outcome is clear but you need a trial to save face

Register