Author Topic: Shadow Cat-A parts?  (Read 1149 times)

Kat

• Freelance Artist
  • Warrant Officer
    • Kat's deviantART
Shadow Cat-A parts?
« on: 22 April 2014, 20:54:03 »
Just wondering if anyone has suggestions for what pieces to use for a Shadow Cat A-config. I looked through the Ironwind catalog, but didn't see any Omni parts that looked like they would match the A-config's arms.
The preceding post has been Smart Wolf®-Approved for quality!

BattleTech and original art          Free hex map template!

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
Re: Shadow Cat-A parts?
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2014, 21:00:14 »
Although it's a Gauss rifle...you could use another stock RA for the LA...but some modifications would need to be made to it so it was symmetrical to the other arm.

For the SRM 6...just pick one of the SRM 6's in their catalog & graft it in to the body.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2014, 21:12:54 »
The original sculpt of the Thor (AR20-602) has a three-pack of missiles riding side-saddle on its hips. Order these missiles (best bet is to write in and explain what part it is you need, usually they can help you with that even if the part isn't available separately on their site). Stacking two of them together should make for a perfect-scaled SRM rack. Alternatively you could use one of the ones from the resculpted Loki Prime, but it's a bit big for the Shadow Cat's body.

As for the lasers, using a second of the Gauss arms is a solid solution, but if you want something different I would give some thought to the arms from the Wolf & Blake version of the Malak, actually- it might sound a little weird, but looking at the two on my shelf, I think it might look kind of cool.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Kat

• Freelance Artist
  • Warrant Officer
    • Kat's deviantART
« Reply #3 on: 22 April 2014, 21:16:00 »
Yeah, I think the SRMs will be easy. In fact, I believe I have a spare missile pod in my bits box, already. It's the arms that are gonna be a challenge. Thanks for the suggestions!
The preceding post has been Smart Wolf®-Approved for quality!

BattleTech and original art          Free hex map template!

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
« Reply #4 on: 23 April 2014, 15:50:05 »
Make sure you post up what you come up with. I have 3 s'cats waiting to be put together.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

Register