Author Topic: What's in the pipeline?  (Read 270302 times)

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Re: What's in the pipeline?
« Reply #1290 on: 21 May 2020, 07:35:37 »
Can't wait to hear when the new Catapult, Griffin, and Commando will be available!

They will be shipping out here soon to retailers and distributors. Next month be on IWM webstore.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #1291 on: 21 May 2020, 07:46:57 »
Any idea when we'll have pictures?   ???
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #1292 on: 21 May 2020, 09:38:52 »

Don't push it! LOL
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1293 on: 21 May 2020, 10:09:24 »

Once I get copies from Mike I will build them and post pictures.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1294 on: 21 May 2020, 10:14:07 »
Once I get copies from Mike I will build them and post pictures.

Speck, wild question, with the recent surge in popularity of minis, and new artists like Kevin & Dale being added to the roster of CSO...

What are the odds of getting painted masters done before the release of the minis so that when they go out to retailers like myself, we would have painted imagry to post of the mini?

It's probably one of the biggest gripes in the community on minis, second to no image at all.

I'm right there with you on not much time to assemble and take pictures, so i do get the time constraints otherwise I'd do it for my own site, but it would be awesome if we could get back to that point as it was a few years ago for 1 or 2 of the quarterly releases.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1295 on: 21 May 2020, 10:45:02 »
I forget, what variant parts were those minis going to come with?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1296 on: 21 May 2020, 10:46:37 »
I forget, what variant parts were those minis going to come with?

20-5182   Catapult CPLT-C1 / K2
20-5183   Locust LCT-1V / 1E / 1Vb Royal
20-5184   Giffin GRF-1N

someone also mentioned an eventual C4 arrow piece for the catapult later? is that a thing?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1297 on: 21 May 2020, 11:17:05 »
someone also mentioned an eventual C4 arrow piece for the catapult later? is that a thing?

Variant bits for the Catapult were mentioned, not sure if that is or is not going to happen still. Same with an O.E. variant of the Griffin...but again, unsure if that will happen. Will need to hear from Speck on those.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2020, 11:27:24 by Dragon41673 »

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #1298 on: 21 May 2020, 11:22:18 »
Should be an easy conversion if it's not. Either file off missile tips or fill in missile tubes, then drill 5 holes.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1299 on: 21 May 2020, 11:25:46 »
I'd love to get a Catapult with a proper Arrow IV launcher, though.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #1300 on: 21 May 2020, 13:20:26 »
What are the odds of getting painted masters done before the release of the minis so that when they go out to retailers like myself, we would have painted imagry to post of the mini?

...Something we've been saying for years.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1301 on: 21 May 2020, 13:38:36 »
Speck, wild question, with the recent surge in popularity of minis, and new artists like Kevin & Dale being added to the roster of CSO...

It's probably one of the biggest gripes in the community on minis, second to no image at all.

I'm right there with you on not much time to assemble and take pictures, so i do get the time constraints otherwise I'd do it for my own site, but it would be awesome if we could get back to that point as it was a few years ago for 1 or 2 of the quarterly releases.

I want to improve this for sure, a issue most times is that once the masters are done the production molds are created and they are producing for the release. I get my copies around the time they ship to retailers and stores. Not sure when releases are shipped out to CSO, since Mike handles that. Last few releases have come down to the wire, but I am hoping it can be improved with future releases this year.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1302 on: 21 May 2020, 13:55:10 »
...Something we've been saying for years.

;D

I want to improve this for sure, a issue most times is that once the masters are done the production molds are created and they are producing for the release. I get my copies around the time they ship to retailers and stores. Not sure when releases are shipped out to CSO, since Mike handles that. Last few releases have come down to the wire, but I am hoping it can be improved with future releases this year.

Speck...not sure how many masters are made, but what about creating 1 extra master...which is sent immediately to a CSO artist, the other(s) are used for production?

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #1303 on: 22 May 2020, 09:45:23 »

Kevin and Dale??   ???   Can you say "What" they've done?  Between the new KS Designs, and whoever "Kat the Map God" is, the current Art Team is Frikkin AWESOME!!  Like AWS-9Q Level!   :D

As for painted minis, to be Honest, I actually LIKE the ones that Speck generally posts.  They're not "painted", but they're assembled and he does some sort of "Brush" on them that makes them look Really nice.  He's told me before at GC Exactly what he does, but I've forgotten.   :-[  Anyway, while not in "Full CSO Glory!", I still REALLY like the look of them.   :thumbsup:

And let's face it.  The CSO Painted minis are just going "See! See the kind of beauty YOU will Never own?"  :'(

;D
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #1304 on: 22 May 2020, 09:54:48 »
As for painted minis, to be Honest, I actually LIKE the ones that Speck generally posts.  They're not "painted", but they're assembled and he does some sort of "Brush" on them that makes them look Really nice.  He's told me before at GC Exactly what he does, but I've forgotten.   :-[  Anyway, while not in "Full CSO Glory!", I still REALLY like the look of them.   :thumbsup:
 ;D

I'm guessing he hits the unprimed(maybe cleaned) mini with a heavy black wash and then wipes it down in a paper towel before it dries.  It makes almost any pewter mini look like it's part of an overpriced chess set.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1305 on: 22 May 2020, 09:57:08 »
And let's face it.  The CSO Painted minis are just going "See! See the kind of beauty YOU will Never own?"  :'(

;D

ain't that the truth

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1306 on: 22 May 2020, 09:57:54 »
ain't that the truth

But, I do own a few... :)
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1307 on: 22 May 2020, 09:59:47 »

just mail me some salt i can rub into this papercut

CSO minis vs how mine turn out

Juodas Varnas

• Sergeant
« Reply #1308 on: 22 May 2020, 10:02:01 »
just mail me some salt i can rub into this papercut

CSO minis vs how mine turn out

I'd take the one on the right!

Looks more like it'd fit my budget  :D

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1309 on: 22 May 2020, 10:07:21 »
really it's the one i'd actually play with. if I had CSO minis they'd be in a case never to be removed

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #1310 on: 22 May 2020, 12:18:03 »
... and that's why I rarely flock the bases on mine.  It rarely survives transport to and from, let alone game play.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

General308

• Captain
« Reply #1311 on: 24 May 2020, 15:28:57 »
So when do we get the Dominator?

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1312 on: 24 May 2020, 15:33:35 »

I kicked the hornets nest on that with Adrian Gideon & Mike at IWM. I impressed upon both that this is a MAJOR opportunity to fast track the design, with Blaine's book now out which is a lead up to the ilClan book, it would be a major opportunity to get this released as this is going to be an Era changing event...we need a mini for it!

From what I understand, it's being discussed between a couple people (I'll leave names out as they don't need to be drowned in PM's), but that's ALL I know.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1313 on: 24 May 2020, 17:05:22 »

It will happen, just a matter of time.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1314 on: 24 May 2020, 17:27:00 »
It will happen, just a matter of time.

Sooo...next week then?  ;D

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1315 on: 24 May 2020, 19:18:26 »
SoonTM

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #1316 on: 25 May 2020, 16:11:26 »
I kicked the hornets nest on that with Adrian Gideon & Mike at IWM. I impressed upon both that this is a MAJOR opportunity to fast track the design, with Blaine's book now out which is a lead up to the ilClan book, it would be a major opportunity to get this released as this is going to be an Era changing event...we need a mini for it!

From what I understand, it's being discussed between a couple people (I'll leave names out as they don't need to be drowned in PM's), but that's ALL I know.
You know, you could try to Impress upon them this is a GOLDEN Opportunity to get a mini out HOT on the heals of it being shown in a CGL product!  Rather than the usual of 2-3 YEARS afterwards, when it's been semi-forgotten about.   :-\

Does anyone know the "Soonest" we've gotten a mini after seeing the art in an Official Publication?  And what design/mini it was?   ???

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #1317 on: 25 May 2020, 16:22:27 »
I do also, but it's from BUYING them, usually at Gen Con.  It is NOT because I've got the Talent to do them on my own.   :-[   I can safely say that "Artistic Genes" are NOT pat of MY DNA.   xp   :'(

if I had CSO minis they'd be in a case never to be removed
That's how I am with mine.  I've got an antique round-front hutch that I'm displaying them in.  Not that I game that often anyway.   :-\  My "One Definite Game" of the year WOULD have been at Gen Con this year, "Masters & Minions" if I could've gotten a ticket.  Now that won't be happening.   :'(

But since we won't be having a GC this year, that makes me wonder . . .

Speck, will we be getting any "Gen Con" Minis this year, since we didn't have a Gen Con?  Well, or any other "Convention Exclusive" minis?   ???   Hell, even in SEP/OCT would be fine for a lot of us!   :thumbsup:  Better late than never!

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #1318 on: 25 May 2020, 16:27:33 »
You know, you could try to Impress upon them this is a GOLDEN Opportunity to get a mini out HOT on the heals of it being shown in a CGL product!  Rather than the usual of 2-3 YEARS afterwards, when it's been semi-forgotten about.   :-\

Does anyone know the "Soonest" we've gotten a mini after seeing the art in an Official Publication?  And what design/mini it was?   ???

I did...but because I'm just a retailer, I have no say in if it does or does not get done.

If I was allowed to participate in the fan financing at my dealer discount...I would fund it myself as well.as several other designs.

Keep in mind...many of the sculptors are a bit tied up at the moment as well...so that may slow things down too.

General308

• Captain
« Reply #1319 on: 25 May 2020, 17:37:00 »
I did...but because I'm just a retailer, I have no say in if it does or does not get done.

If I was allowed to participate in the fan financing at my dealer discount...I would fund it myself as well.as several other designs.

Keep in mind...many of the sculptors are a bit tied up at the moment as well...so that may slow things down too.

Would be nice.  I want the White Raven too and I don't even know what it looks like.  I just like the name.

Register