Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 60472 times)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Much sooner than expected. I don't have buyers remorse for ForcePack I bought on weekend, honest...

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Huh. Puts me in kind of a rough spot.

Work is requiring that I move in the next few months (it's that kind of job), but until I get the word, I can't even go looking for a place. Thus; no address to ship to.

What do you think the odds are that we'd see Canadian shipping before June?

The last KS ended up coming to a laundromat outside town and I had to drive 40 minutes to pick it up. A simple mail re-direct would not have worked.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
Probably so close to 0 that its not worth considering. If we get an update that everything has arrived in LA next week or Orlando the week after, and then all of the processing goes perfectly, and Canadian orders are shipped before the US (it did happen with the Clan Invasion campaign), then there is a tiny chance that it might arrive by May 31st.

BrianDavion

• Captain
Huh. Puts me in kind of a rough spot.

Work is requiring that I move in the next few months (it's that kind of job), but until I get the word, I can't even go looking for a place. Thus; no address to ship to.

The last KS ended up coming to a laundromat outside town and I had to drive 40 minutes to pick it up. A simple mail re-direct would not have worked.

I suppose you could give the address of family or a trusted friend who can hold onto it until you can get it
The Suns will shine again

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
US backers, turn on the news. Baltimore (America's 8th largest port) is going to be blocked off for months. This will unfortunately slow down America's other east coast ports even more.

Didn't the last Kickstarter ship out of Georgia?
I have spoken.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
that's where the warehouse is yeah

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Highlighter

• Private
US backers, turn on the news. Baltimore (America's 8th largest port) is going to be blocked off for months. This will unfortunately slow down America's other east coast ports even more.

Didn't the last Kickstarter ship out of Georgia?

I thought the KS shipped out of Florida. The CGL store ships from Georgia.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
I thought the KS shipped out of Florida. The CGL store ships from Georgia.

QML's website shows them using the ports of Jacksonville, Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

Fat Guy

• Major
QML's website shows them using the ports of Jacksonville, Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

That's not too bad then. There are ports a lot closer to Baltimore that should pick up most of the slack.
I have spoken.

Fat Guy

• Major
Just got this email from Catalyst: Last call to update your shipping address for BattleTech: Mercenaries!   :smilie_happy_clapping:

I have spoken.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
Just got this email from Catalyst: Last call to update your shipping address for BattleTech: Mercenaries!   :smilie_happy_clapping:

Same!
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
So did I!

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
I got the address update notification and my VAT has been added, but no shipping total yet.  That VAT is a spicey meatball
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Charistoph

• Major
Same.

I wish it wouldn't hit the "ansty anticipation" button in my nervous system that something hits whenever I finally calm down from the last time, though.

Must has new tanks soon!  I think I have enough for when my Clan campaign hits the Periphery in May, but can Spheroids ever have enough tanks when dealing with Periphery Furries (or Featheries in the case of those Turkey yahoos)?
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
I got the address update notification and my VAT has been added, but no shipping total yet.  That VAT is a spicey meatball

How bad was it?

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
How bad was it?

about 21%, that and shipping will push my total payout into four figures.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
I suppose you could give the address of family or a trusted friend who can hold onto it until you can get it

That's a great idea. Thank you.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

DarkSpade

• Major

I'm not expecting to move soon, but I still send any expensive packages or lengthy preorders to my sister's.   Safer all around.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
about 21%, that and shipping will push my total payout into four figures.

I haven't got mine yet, but my bank balance is already wincing in anticipation, for similar reasons.
I really need to stop buying minis, I don't get anywhere near opportunities to use them compared to what I've spent  :rolleyes:
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Counterpoint: more minis!

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
I didn't get a shipping guess yet. I guess I will know soon.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

riposte

• Corporal
Same for AU tax. I suspect that number will go up when shipping is added (boo!)

ISD

• Master Sergeant
    • Project Mumblings
I don't want to think about the 24% VAT in here plus the taxes (and the hassle of doing the customs declaration) :shocked:
Clan Jade Falcon
Gamma Galaxy
3rd Falcon Talon Cluster

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Same for AU tax. I suspect that number will go up when shipping is added (boo!)

GST should only be 10% ... and yes, that will hurt on two battalion pledges plus extras.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
Yeah, my wallet is bracing for the Shipping cost.

Moragion

• Master Sergeant

Where did you see the VAT? Received my mail, but didn't do anything, as don't have to change my address.

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
Where did you see the VAT? Received my mail, but didn't do anything, as don't have to change my address.
It's not shown in the email, you have to login to Backerkit to see it.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!

Click through and then go to the next page and it's listed there.  Shipping still says 0 for me