Author Topic: Battletech Fanfiction Links  (Read 74761 times)

Diablo48

• Major
Re: Battletech Fanfiction Links
« Reply #60 on: 07 November 2011, 16:29:48 »
No idea. However since first chapter was originally written in 2003 and latest last year, it is possible we could see more of it. As far as I know, Grey doesn't have account on this forum and having copies of those stories on this forum could be pointless becouse this forum has been cleared before and likely will be in future.

I was thinking the same thing as well, but if there are going to be more stories in the near future I would like to see them here because I do not have an account on the HMP forums so I cannot follow it and give feedback there.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #61 on: 10 December 2011, 14:21:50 »
Ghost Riders
In the aftermath of the most devastating war in history, a mixed force including the last descendants of some of Earth's most ancient military units vanishes without a trace. More than two centuries later it reappears above an agri-world named Planting.

Ghosts of the Futures Past
TH-X1138 is lost in time. Their first battle with the Clans was a victory, but at heavy cost. As the Inner Sphere turns a cautious eye towards them, other forces are moving and Seeker Atalanta continues a quest that may lead to peace, dishonor, or worse.
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #62 on: 13 January 2012, 15:09:55 »
This just in from author of Concrete Dragons:
Quote from: Shades of Grey
I haven't "retired" from anything except the Navy. But yeah, real life, and my computer gaming life (WoW, SWTOR, Skyrim, etc.), are both rather demanding. As for more Concrete Dragons stories...well, I have a few brewing. But the canon CBT universe post-3067 is a place I don't like very much, and that has kinda turned me off to the game in general, so I haven't felt much motivation to write.

Maybe that will change soon. Maybe. I just opened up HMVee yesterday for the first time in months...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #63 on: 13 January 2012, 20:07:48 »
This just in from author of Concrete Dragons:

Thanks for the heads up, I am looking forwards to any future stories if he finds the motivation again.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

blacktigeractual

• Corporal
« Reply #64 on: 14 January 2012, 02:13:30 »
In the middle of Ghosts of the Futures Past, frakking awesome work!  Enjoying the read immensely.

Ghost Riders
In the aftermath of the most devastating war in history, a mixed force including the last descendants of some of Earth's most ancient military units vanishes without a trace. More than two centuries later it reappears above an agri-world named Planting.

Ghosts of the Futures Past
TH-X1138 is lost in time. Their first battle with the Clans was a victory, but at heavy cost. As the Inner Sphere turns a cautious eye towards them, other forces are moving and Seeker Atalanta continues a quest that may lead to peace, dishonor, or worse.
The thing about Marauders is this, the big bad MAD was never unseen, reseen or whatever. We were always there.

I want to build something REAL....I want to bring our people out of the DARK AGES while there's something to save.
Elizabeth Ngo

jpdt19

• Corporal
« Reply #65 on: 14 January 2012, 11:27:57 »
I second the above. Excellent stories both of them, and I'm eagerly awaiting the update of the latest.

One of the fact that most intrigues me, which the author has thus far carefully kept from the locals, is that the SLDF taskforce has a strength of 40 compact core jump capable warships and supplyships (including Battleships, cruisers, frigates, destroyers, carriers etc.

Taskforce. Yeh. Right. In 2780 maybe. At the time of the clan invasion, that's a damn fleet. The federated commonwealth don't seem to have realised this yet :D. I'm looking forward to when they and the clans find out.   

BTW, Blacktiger I must confess I thought you and the Ferryman to be one and the same person. Your stories have similar themes, similar ideas, and are both so good that I thought they might be from the same hand. Please do take that as a compliment. It was meant as one.
« Last Edit: 14 January 2012, 11:35:10 by jpdt19 »

Hellfire

• Sergeant
« Reply #66 on: 14 January 2012, 12:55:35 »
BTW, Blacktiger I must confess I thought you and the Ferryman to be one and the same person. Your stories have similar themes, similar ideas, and are both so good that I thought they might be from the same hand. Please do take that as a compliment. It was meant as one.
blacktigeractual's writing is better. Oh, and I could without the Stackpoling fusion reactor in the last chapter and the rather bad attempt at explaining it.
« Last Edit: 14 January 2012, 12:57:14 by Hellfire »

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #67 on: 22 January 2012, 16:51:27 »

New World Order
*REWORKED* On a desolate world in the Periphery, long-hidden secrets and power beyond imagination are sought. And the universe will be changed forever... The final version, edited with dates and corrected battle reports!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/251974/1/New_World_Order
Sequel: Seekers in Shadow
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/953728/1/Seekers_In_Shadow

finally read Seekers in Shadow, has anyone heard from Wobbly Guy, last update on his own site is 4 years old
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Deathrider6

• General Counsel Ngo Industries
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant
  • Go ahead, try and run.
« Reply #68 on: 18 February 2012, 07:13:49 »
I have most of Cannonshop's old stuff I'lll see if he will let me repost.
"You're either with me, or you hate freedom and kittens. " - consequences on VSD and a draw result of the Great Refusal.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #69 on: 28 February 2012, 01:59:25 »
I have most of Cannonshop's old stuff I'lll see if he will let me repost.

Anyone who still has extant copies of my older stuff, is perfectly welcome to repost it.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #70 on: 29 February 2012, 10:46:40 »
it would be nice if they could make a section for any fans fiction that gets over a 1000 views to have the story posted in book format.  something like that anyway.  that way stuff that is older could be held any one who needed a fix could read them

hammer6r

• Corporal
« Reply #71 on: 25 March 2012, 12:07:26 »
Well, it would appear that the links to the archive are toast, which means that I no longer have access to DD/2, Drumbeat/Redux, or the Lucian March  >:(. I still have DD/1 complete and in PDF, and I believe that I still have Thunder of Eagles, as well. I will try to upload both shortly.

If any kind soul happens to have copied the other three above, or if anyone knows where they are now linked, I would sincerely appreciate the info....Thanks
UP THE 15TH -- URRA!!!!!

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #72 on: 28 December 2012, 00:43:50 »
Stumbled on this today- pretty interesting so far though I am unsure where the author is going as far as story

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8596635/1/Terran-Hegemony-House-Kerensky
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
« Reply #73 on: 07 January 2013, 17:26:57 »
Stumbled on this today- pretty interesting so far though I am unsure where the author is going as far as story

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8596635/1/Terran-Hegemony-House-Kerensky

Having read the entire thing, it's more of a Field Manual for House Kerensky/Terran Hegemony as if the events had taken place instead of the Exodus. I would say they either use it for their house game or it is the results thereof. In time, maybe a fanfic will show up referencing it. Not sure if the buildup to the fork in the timeline was official or rewritten by the author...

Honestly, it needs to be PDF'd and the TRO fleshed out and turned into a mini-fanTRO with some kind of art. It's not to the level of the Terran Hegemony fanbook PDFs I see floating in the Internet, but it's a pretty well put together attempt.
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

JPaagtc

• Recruit
« Reply #74 on: 16 February 2014, 21:04:03 »
Sorry if this is a bit of a dead topic but I found a couple of good fanfics of Deviantart. They can both be found in this gallery along with pictures of the main characters and the equipment used.

http://drofdemonology.deviantart.com/gallery/37880482?offset=0

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #75 on: 17 February 2014, 01:08:29 »
Thanks for that. O0
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #76 on: 17 February 2014, 09:37:18 »

yep
the fusiliers seem fun so far

I would hate to be in that unit
it would be rough having the girls from victorias secret stuck on the dropship
with you for months on end
 >:D [drool]
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Arvanna

• Warrant Officer
  • Bayonets foreward Boys...CHARGE!!!!!!
« Reply #77 on: 17 February 2014, 11:47:00 »
Hey whats wrong with having something nice to look at, just as long as you realize they can likely break your legs.  O:-)

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #78 on: 17 February 2014, 13:32:32 »
nah its the stuck together and you are in the friend zone issue
so everywhere you look you see major babocity, but they think of you as big brother
“Toe jam in training”

JA Baker

kashim12

• Sergeant
« Reply #79 on: 15 March 2014, 00:40:03 »
Does anyone have a copies of Cannonshops Casper series?  All the links don't go to anything anymore and I really want to read them.

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #80 on: 15 March 2014, 07:43:54 »
Does anyone have a copies of Cannonshops Casper series?  All the links don't go to anything anymore and I really want to read them.
  Index of re-posted Cannonshop storiesGiovanniBlasini’s Sybil and the joint novel Knock Nock are available through my re-posts; unfortunately, the others have been ‘pending’ for some time.  :-X

kashim12

• Sergeant
« Reply #81 on: 15 March 2014, 11:41:09 »
Da! Thanks!

Nekoryu

• Master Sergeant
  • All Good Things Come In Cans; Even People!
    • The Plano Mechwarrior and Battletech Guild
« Reply #82 on: 17 March 2014, 11:22:36 »
He's said he has no plans to work on it again. The dangers of not plotting a story before you start writing it.

Heh heh...something that tripped me up with my own writing. That and my fic is based off of the campaign I play in, so I have to change things here and there sometimes. I just decided that it might be better to write down ideas and concepts I really like in Word so that I can simply modify it to fit into the story.

That and I can keep up with college better when I don't have ten tons of ideas ratting around in my skull.
So, now the Thor has TWO really angry nipple piercings. - Zerokei
He fell over, is on fire and now he's been karate-kicked in the face. Is the dancing on his chest really neccessary? - GM

The Plano MechWarrior and BattleTech Guild: Join Us On Facebook!

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
« Reply #83 on: 21 March 2014, 17:52:05 »
no mention of my Wolverines or Rim stories.
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword