Author Topic: Kerensky Con Rumors.  (Read 7833 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Kerensky Con Rumors.
« Reply #60 on: 18 March 2024, 15:09:22 »
I’m waiting for the Albatross, Optimus Titan, and Tempest.  I’m a little surprised as well by the lack of CC and FWL packs, since they’re primed to be major contenders to the new Ilclan. I guess they’re trying to balance IS and Clan forces.   :smilie_confused_dontknow:

their force manuals haven't been announced yet.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: 18 March 2024, 15:16:59 »
Annoying part is now the Kintaro has been spun off, we have six remaining TRO2750 'Mechs which would be perfect for another ComStar Level II. But alas maybe in 2028...

Wait, didn't the Kintaro make it into a SL pack?  Am I thinking of a different mech?

also, Wow.  I'd really like to see a gen 1 IS Omni pack, though.  Wars of Reaving? Yes, please! ... Cephalus and Osteon!

also, like Wow Scoob, maybe there is more here than we can eat!
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #62 on: 18 March 2024, 15:32:47 »
For TRO2750, we're missing Thorn, Hermes, Hussar, Wyvern, Champion and Bombardier. This noting the Kintaro is in a SL pack and the Thug in another force pack.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #63 on: 18 March 2024, 15:35:23 »
And the Mongoose down with the Bears.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #64 on: 18 March 2024, 15:36:22 »
There was a Mongoose in one of the ComStar forcepacks too, so it's already out there.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #65 on: 18 March 2024, 16:15:52 »
I know we all have our favorites, so as a Davion fan, the Grenadier BA and Gunsmith giveth, and the Thanatos and Hellspawn taketh away!

Also curious, will the Thud 9NAIS be a PP version or redone as a NuSeen?
« Last Edit: 18 March 2024, 16:20:23 by MarauderD »

Gorgon

• Warrant Officer
  • The little duchy that could
« Reply #66 on: 18 March 2024, 16:21:07 »
Of all the things on the list, I really hope they deliver on the BugBox. It is a bit out there, as they sure a plentiful in-universe but I'm not so certain they'll be bought in similar quantities as the UrbanMeme. But who knows, maybe there are enough Ravannion fans out there...
Jude Melancon lives!

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #67 on: 18 March 2024, 16:29:34 »
Wait, didn't the Kintaro make it into a SL pack?  Am I thinking of a different mech?

That's what I meant, its already covered.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #68 on: 18 March 2024, 16:30:06 »
Of all the things on the list, I really hope they deliver on the BugBox. It is a bit out there, as they sure a plentiful in-universe but I'm not so certain they'll be bought in similar quantities as the UrbanMeme. But who knows, maybe there are enough Ravannion fans out there...

I want more variety in my bug box ... still 12 total, but perhaps get 2 hornets tossed in ... any other's that would qualify? oooh what about fleas, we need more fleas -- said no dog ever.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: 18 March 2024, 16:30:27 »
That's what I meant, its already covered.

I knew that! ... I didn't, thanks!

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #70 on: 18 March 2024, 16:32:38 »
I want more variety in my bug box ... still 12 total, but perhaps get 2 hornets tossed in ... any other's that would qualify? oooh what about fleas, we need more fleas -- said no dog ever.
Maybe there will be different variants of each of the noted bugs?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: 18 March 2024, 17:21:59 »
Get ready for plastic hellstars!

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #72 on: 18 March 2024, 17:34:48 »

OTOH, everyone needs bug 'mechs to build older formations, as there were tons of Locusts, Stingers and Wasps in the Inner Sphere during the Succession Wars (and IIRC, CM:Kurita had a bit in there saying that Wasps were so common that a long-in-the-tooth joke said that convenience stores stocked beer, bait, chips and replacement parts for Wasps)

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #73 on: 18 March 2024, 18:03:59 »
Maybe there will be different variants of each of the noted bugs?
previous company box was all standard urbanmechs. so maybe not. i could see the company boxes being designed around repackaging existing sculpts, to make production easier.

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #74 on: 18 March 2024, 18:24:24 »
previous company box was all standard urbanmechs. so maybe not. i could see the company boxes being designed around repackaging existing sculpts, to make production easier.
The Bug Company is going to need new molds as the mechs included each share their mold with something that won't be in the box (unless the Alpha Strike box versions of the Locust and Wasp are paired on the mold but that seems unlikely, and would still need a new mold for the Stinger).

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #75 on: 18 March 2024, 18:56:21 »
So first of all, regarding the lack of FWL and CC stuff, I SUSPECT that this relates to Kickstarter SWAG, given their reaction to the SLDF stuff, we know that with the first kickstarter the top 4 factions where ghost bears and Davion in neck and neck, followed by Wolf, with Kurita in a distant 4th. I'd be willing to bet that this release schedule is based around a combination of popularity and release schedule, as well as, what mechs the artists and dev team just like/want to done.

As for the bug box, yeah I hope it happens too. it's been an idea discussed MANY times in discord so I imagine this is very much CGL responding to fan commentary, which is AWESOME to see. CGL listens to us!
The Suns will shine again

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: 18 March 2024, 19:35:11 »
Wasps (Possibly + LAMs), Stingers (Possibly + LAMs), Locusts, the Firefly, Fleas, Hornets, Spiders, Firebees, Assassins, Cicada, Scorpion, Grasshoppers, Goliaths (Might be pushing that one), Bug-Eye, etc...
 You could also throw in later additions like the Fire Moth, Dragonfly, Tarantula and so forth.
 The classical ones are the Wasps, Stingers and the Locusts.
 There are a lot of good ways to mix them. 

EDIT: The Strider may technically be considered a bug, not because of its connection with the Cicada, but because of the Water Strider, also known as the Gerridae.
« Last Edit: 18 March 2024, 19:53:36 by Minemech »

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #77 on: 18 March 2024, 19:42:02 »
Regardless what actually ends up in the boxes, 100% amazing to see this amount of product being planned for the future. It doesn't feel too long ago that this type of listing would only be a fever dream, happy to see the game reaching new heights. 
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #78 on: 18 March 2024, 20:03:42 »
Wasps (Possibly + LAMs), Stingers (Possibly + LAMs), Locusts, the Firefly, Fleas, Hornets, Spiders, Firebees, Assassins, Cicada, Scorpion, Grasshoppers, Goliaths (Might be pushing that one), Bug-Eye, etc...
 You could also throw in later additions like the Fire Moth, Dragonfly, Tarantula and so forth.
 The classical ones are the Wasps, Stingers and the Locusts.
 There are a lot of good ways to mix them.

Looking at the UrbanMech LAM taking up four spaces in a ForcePack it would seriously limit their inclusion in a bug box.
« Last Edit: 18 March 2024, 23:38:08 by Ghaz »

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #79 on: 18 March 2024, 20:17:41 »

Looking at the UrbanMech LAM taking up four spaces in a ForcePack I would seriously limit their inclusion in a bug box.

I think your paying for the smoke cloud in the Urbie LAM box.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Dapper Apples

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #80 on: 18 March 2024, 20:59:04 »
If it were up to me to make a bug force pack, it'd probably be like a comstar style six pack.  Locust, Stinger, Wasp, either Spider or Flea

If they need more tonnage to add value, throw in a Grasshopper and Cicada.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #81 on: 18 March 2024, 21:05:02 »

I think your paying for the smoke cloud in the Urbie LAM box.

Yes?  You would have minis for the BattleMech mode, the Aerospace fighter mode, the AirMech mode and the jump plume. Without a bigger box a single LAM would take up a third of a Company sized box.

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #82 on: 18 March 2024, 21:12:00 »
I know we all have our favorites, so as a Davion fan, the Grenadier BA and Gunsmith giveth, and the Thanatos and Hellspawn taketh away!

Also curious, will the Thud 9NAIS be a PP version or redone as a NuSeen?

I mean chances are we'll get WYSIWYG ilclan era versions of these mechs, Maybe we'll get a Thanatos with a LRM 20 and clan ER LL?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #83 on: 18 March 2024, 21:16:30 »
modern configs of celestials would be built on... terra. that's so ****** funny.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Lance Leader

• Corporal
« Reply #84 on: 18 March 2024, 22:47:08 »
  I sure hope this is real.  The Rawhide getting a miniature is pretty cool and the Wars of Reaving Society pack looks pretty nifty.  Well, something to hope for in 2025.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #85 on: 18 March 2024, 23:19:15 »
  I sure hope this is real.  The Rawhide getting a miniature is pretty cool and the Wars of Reaving Society pack looks pretty nifty.  Well, something to hope for in 2025.

It's real, just subject to change.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

AnejoDave

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #86 on: 18 March 2024, 23:47:34 »

Pin this everywhere BattleTech is discussed. Including people’s homes. Even the creepy basements.
I posted and pinned it in both reddit threads on the topic....:D
Agent #728

Indianapolis, Indiana

House Kurita

AnejoDave

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #87 on: 18 March 2024, 23:48:46 »
What makes me a little nervous is that the Wars of Reaving one...I will need to buy 5 of those to have a point of each Protomech...and I don't think I will need that many Septicemia and Osteons..
Hard Disagree.  That many HPG specials going off on an AS game sounds like /great/ comedy to me.  Especially if the WoB is prepared for it. 

I'm excited by all this.  But I too lament the inclusion of Marik forcepack.  i'd say liao, too, but it would end up being all the designs I dont want. 
« Last Edit: 18 March 2024, 23:51:55 by AnejoDave »
Agent #728

Indianapolis, Indiana

House Kurita

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #88 on: 19 March 2024, 01:57:28 »
modern configs of celestials would be built on... terra. that's so ****** funny.

I mean I don't think we're going to get modern configs of the society and blakist stuff (on the other hand, I could see the goliath scorpions not giving a damn eneugh to actually build those things) as they're clearly intended for certain eras. but the pack with the hellspawn is specificly an ilclan era pack, so a modern varient would make sense. I imagine it'll be a "endo composite with XL gyro" type deal that the fedsuns seems to be fond of. the big question to my mind is, are those lasers going to be replaced with clantech lasers or RE lasers

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #89 on: 19 March 2024, 02:03:23 »
I mean I don't think we're going to get modern configs of the society and blakist stuff (on the other hand, I could see the goliath scorpions not giving a damn eneugh to actually build those things) as they're clearly intended for certain eras. but the pack with the hellspawn is specificly an ilclan era pack, so a modern varient would make sense. I imagine it'll be a "endo composite with XL gyro" type deal that the fedsuns seems to be fond of. the big question to my mind is, are those lasers going to be replaced with clantech lasers or RE lasers
maybe we'll get a "G" config for the Celestials, representing configs seen in use by one of the groups labelled "the Green Ghosts"
the society stuff could easily get such configs as well.

Register