Author Topic: ANZAC Day 2022  (Read 1645 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
ANZAC Day 2022
« on: 24 April 2022, 17:03:27 »
"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Good to see the crowds after the last couple of years.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: ANZAC Day 2022
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2022, 03:23:18 »
Remember them indeed!  One of the corridors in the Pentagon has ANZAC displays.  I always try to read a little when I walk through.

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2022, 11:16:18 »
It's a small thing, but it's important to me to watch the ANZAC Day ceremonies before the footy. It puts the whole game in perspective. As much as I love it, it's a game. Rather than drinking a pint and throwing sledges at the 'G, the life experiences of many of the ANZACs and their successors began and ended in a serious and bloody conflict. For too many, they did not even reach the age of 20.

We're very lucky to live in a time without young Australians (or Canadians or Kiwis, etc.) perishing in war. Most of my students are reaching 18 years of age in 2022. They are looking forward to university without the worry of conflict. I am beyond thankful.

We will remember them.

Failure16

• Captain
  • Better Days
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2022, 23:16:33 »
Thank God for allies such as the Australians and New Zealanders. Stalwart and always there. My thanks to those from the area that served, and in doing, gave the ultimate sacrifice for causes that that were rarely their own, but for reasons that had to be shouldered.
Thought I might get a rocket ride when I was a child.          We are the wild youth,                                And through villages of ether
But it was a lie, that I told myself                                          Chasing visions of our futures.                   Oh, my crucifixion comes
When I needed something good.                                         One day we'll reveal the truth,                    Will you sing my hallelujah?
At 17, I had a better dream; now I'm 33, and it isn't me.      That one will die before he gets there.       Will you tell me when it's done?
But I'd think of something better if I could
                           --E. Tonra                                                      --C. Love
--A. Duritz

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2022, 01:24:08 »
We're very lucky to live in a time without young Australians (or Canadians or Kiwis, etc.) perishing in war. Most of my students are reaching 18 years of age in 2022. They are looking forward to university without the worry of conflict. I am beyond thankful.

These shall not be forgotten years ...
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Register