Author Topic: Anonymous Jade Falcons  (Read 728 times)

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist
Anonymous Jade Falcons
« on: 18 October 2019, 14:55:09 »
I recently finished up some pretty generic camouflage Jade Falcons that I'd had on my paint bench for a while. I didn't like any of the "traditional" Jade Falcon looks, so I decided to kind of take Epsilon Galaxy's colors and make the green a little bit less in your face. I wish I had decals for them to complete them :C

The pride and joy of this was the Kraken 4. I hate that model so freakin' much because of how terrible of quality it is as a miniature. It's huge, it has almost no detail, and the detail that it does have is kind of sloppy (looking at you, ATM launchers). I do like the repose that I did on it that really brought it out of it's boring static posture and into something more dynamic and threatening.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Anonymous Jade Falcons
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2019, 15:25:50 »
 :thumbsup:

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2019, 20:40:14 »
Looking good! And I do love what you did with the Kraken. The Reseen is one of the "early 3D masters", and the lack of detail shows, but the repose does a lot! Any chance of front-left & front-right angle photos?

Hint - buy the Kraken XR next time. Far better, more easily converted (it's pretty much a Kraken 2), and I'd love to see your repose of that one!

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist
« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2019, 16:01:11 »
Looking good! And I do love what you did with the Kraken. The Reseen is one of the "early 3D masters", and the lack of detail shows, but the repose does a lot! Any chance of front-left & front-right angle photos?

Hint - buy the Kraken XR next time. Far better, more easily converted (it's pretty much a Kraken 2), and I'd love to see your repose of that one!

W.

Ehh, I didn't realize that Psycho's Kraken 4 mod on Camospecs that had built up Ultra 20s and shoulder ATM launcher and I really wanted to have a Kraken 4. At least the top part will be a nice big spot for decals after I get some. Whenever that day may be.

I'm kind of lazy right now, so I don't have a picture from the left side of the miniature, but here's a lower angle shot from the right I have running around. 

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2019, 06:00:58 »
Sweet! :thumbsup: