Author Topic: What's in the pipeline?  (Read 266984 times)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Re: What's in the pipeline?
« Reply #1050 on: 02 October 2019, 14:51:22 »
Is there any Warships in the pipe line. I want some new ones.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #1051 on: 05 October 2019, 14:18:38 »
Is there any Warships in the pipe line. I want some new ones.

Would have to be Fan Financed.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #1052 on: 06 October 2019, 18:35:06 »
Would have to be Fan Financed.

I would put money toward the Defender.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1053 on: 06 October 2019, 22:31:26 »
I'd help out.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1054 on: 07 October 2019, 17:48:01 »
The 3025 mechs not covered in the Kickstarter would be great to have redone: the Vindicator, Whitworth, Dervish, Firestarter, Clint, Osts…

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1055 on: 07 October 2019, 18:47:59 »
The 3025 mechs not covered in the Kickstarter would be great to have redone: the Vindicator, Whitworth, Dervish, Firestarter, Clint, Osts…

I'm staring to a get a bit nervous about the Ostroc and Ostsol, as well as the Goliath and Scorpion. They have been conspiciously absent from the recent revial efforts; TRO: SW as one example and the KS as another.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Juodas Varnas

• Sergeant
« Reply #1056 on: 08 October 2019, 03:59:11 »
I'm staring to a get a bit nervous about the Ostroc and Ostsol, as well as the Goliath and Scorpion. They have been conspiciously absent from the recent revial efforts; TRO: SW as one example and the KS as another.
Yeah, man.

Scorpion's my favorite mech in BT having it basically forgotten and excluded pretty much from everything, feels like a kick in the balls.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1057 on: 08 October 2019, 05:37:41 »
I want know why their not doing anything with them.

Technically speaking, the Ostsol & Ostroc were two unseens which had that status removed since their too drastically different from the source material.  I guess they didn't need redesign?   I'm little upset about Scorpion and Goliath being left out.  Quads aren't super beloved but they have their place.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #1058 on: 08 October 2019, 07:03:27 »
Scorpion's my favorite mech in BT having it basically forgotten and excluded pretty much from everything, feels like a kick in the balls.

Not forgotten. Just not so easy to fit in with everything else going on.
- Brent DOES want to redesign the quads, but they don’t fit well on the hex bases so they haven’t been done yet. The Goliath and Scorpion probably will get re-works at some point.

Juodas Varnas

• Sergeant
« Reply #1059 on: 08 October 2019, 08:24:32 »
Not forgotten. Just not so easy to fit in with everything else going on.
Maybe, but the original Unseen sculpt didn't have many issues fitting once the hexbase.

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #1060 on: 08 October 2019, 08:35:19 »
That doesn't really fit with the "new modern" aesthetic, though.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #1061 on: 08 October 2019, 08:51:55 »
Maybe, but the original Unseen sculpt didn't have many issues fitting once the hexbase.

Which means absolutely nothing because that artwork is not going to be used. You're just as well off saying the Battleforce scale minis fit on a hexbase.

The Reseen Scorpion doesn't fit on a standard base, and the Goliath barely, if you call that "fitting". If you'll notice with the nuSeen aesthetic, things are bulkier and the poses dynamic. How is that going to help the situation?

Ursus Maior

• Warrant Officer
  • Just here for a little mayhem.
« Reply #1062 on: 08 October 2019, 10:19:09 »
I could see myself buying all of the above next year.
liber et infractus

Juodas Varnas

• Sergeant
« Reply #1063 on: 08 October 2019, 10:37:58 »
Which means absolutely nothing because that artwork is not going to be used. You're just as well off saying the Battleforce scale minis fit on a hexbase.

The Reseen Scorpion doesn't fit on a standard base, and the Goliath barely, if you call that "fitting". If you'll notice with the nuSeen aesthetic, things are bulkier and the poses dynamic. How is that going to help the situation?
Hey, fair enough, but not sure why you're bringing up Reseen miniatures, seeing how close the new designs are to the originals. I think it's a fair point of comparison, at least the mediums, like the Shadowhawk seem barely any bigger.

And besides Battletech minis were never consistent scale-wise.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1064 on: 08 October 2019, 11:07:25 »
The point is that nearly all the quads they have done recently have been larger than the hex base- and I go back to TRO3060 with the Fire Scorpion, Stalking Spider, and Bishamon.  The only ones that I can think of that do not are like the Barghest . . . so like bi-ped mechs have human/bird leg types, I think we can safely categorize quads as dog/spider leg types.  As has been mentioned, the Quads are not forgotten but IMO are left out of Clan Invasion for some pretty simple reasons- art/production differences & they are case/special/variant rules.

Osts have sort of been done . . . they redid the Ostscout, back in the Jihad we got the Ostwar as a precursor/stand-in for the other two.  The Ostwar mini is really interesting as you have 3 different 'hand' options.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #1065 on: 08 October 2019, 11:13:07 »
I'm little upset about Scorpion and Goliath being left out.  Quads aren't super beloved but they have their place.
Maybe having them redone as QuadVees so that they can fit well on a base.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1066 on: 08 October 2019, 12:02:44 »
So . . . you are wanting a Goliath IIC as a QuadVee?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1067 on: 08 October 2019, 13:02:04 »

And besides Battletech minis were never consistent scale-wise.

It's always struck me as a bad fit to try and impose consistent scale on an abstract game.

A.E. Housman

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1068 on: 08 October 2019, 13:12:29 »
I’d be more worried if the Kickstarter covered every pre-3050 mech except for the quads and Osts.  It doesn’t, so there’s some plausible deniability there, and some good reasons to leave the quads for later, as Colt said.  The existing Scorpion model only fits because the legs are bunched up, which is not conducive to looking cool. 

But with any of these old mechs not in Catalyst’s Kickstarter… can IronWind work on them, or do they need Catalyst to create the art first?  If the latter, then all we can hope for in the near future is metal versions of recent plastics, metal conversion packs for recent and upcoming plastics, and any Jihad and Dark Age mechs still waiting for a miniature.  Which is unfortunate for me, because I’m still in the earlier eras (and would looooove a modernized Vindicator, Dervish, and Clint). 

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1069 on: 08 October 2019, 13:18:22 »
Well, IWM's release schedule is 3 or 4 new mechs a quarter, about that many special for GenCon . . . and consider at least half of the 90? in the KS will be better sellers than any 'new art' quads.  And so I would expect a few years before you might see a new metal Scorpion or Goliath, even if the art for one is released next year when Wave 1 drops- they will want to get Warhammers, Marauders, Riflemen and Timber Wolves out.  Heck we still have not gotten the metal GoAC box mechs.
Colt Ward

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #1070 on: 08 October 2019, 13:21:42 »
So . . . you are wanting a Goliath IIC as a QuadVee?
And don't forget the scorpion.  ;)
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1071 on: 08 October 2019, 21:50:15 »
Well, IWM's release schedule is 3 or 4 new mechs a quarter, about that many special for GenCon . . . and consider at least half of the 90? in the KS will be better sellers than any 'new art' quads.  And so I would expect a few years before you might see a new metal Scorpion or Goliath, even if the art for one is released next year when Wave 1 drops- they will want to get Warhammers, Marauders, Riflemen and Timber Wolves out.  Heck we still have not gotten the metal GoAC box mechs.

Sure, there is an argument to be made there. But lemme check the KS...

Just making sure...And there are a number of post 3025 IS designs that are getting Nuseen and in fact I think the only onces missing *besides* the Quads (already covered off; explanation checks out) and the Osts are the WD Mechs (minus the already Nuseen Flea) and then you're into BD stuff.

It's a conspicious absence to not have the Ostroc when you are giving us the Sentinel.

A.E. Housman

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1072 on: 09 October 2019, 01:47:11 »
What's WD and BD?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1073 on: 09 October 2019, 01:56:52 »
I believe that WD refers to Wolfs Dragoons mechs like the Imp, Annihilator, Gallowglas, and Hoplite.  Not sure about BD, maybe Battledroids, referring to the Behemoth and the other second line mechs from 3055.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1074 on: 09 October 2019, 09:25:38 »
Eh, I feel the core 3025 stuff got done, and if they wanted it to be Invasion they had to have some of the new designs (or recovered SL designs) from that era.
Colt Ward

Juodas Varnas

• Sergeant
« Reply #1075 on: 09 October 2019, 09:34:44 »
Eh, I feel the core 3025 stuff got done, and if they wanted it to be Invasion they had to have some of the new designs (or recovered SL designs) from that era.
I mean, aren't they doing the Star League lance with King Crabs and Black Knights and whatnot?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1076 on: 09 October 2019, 09:42:59 »
Yes, two Level 2s of Star League which is where the Sentinel shows up . . . but we also have the Nightstar and Thug as part of the regular IS lances.  I may have been thinking of another 1 or 2 that got cut from TRO '55 & '58.  But we also got 'all new' designs like the Axeman & Bushwhacker- I know the Berserker was there but got cut.
Colt Ward

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #1077 on: 09 October 2019, 11:34:12 »
Axman is from the cartoon and bushwacker is from mechwarrior 3. surprised there isn't an uziel in there from mech 4 (/joke)

Still not sure where the solitare came from, and the nova cat can't be anything but pandering to cheese.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1078 on: 09 October 2019, 11:43:35 »
The Nova Cat is in there because it was released at the tail end of the Invasion era and it gives Clan Nova Cat a signature heavy mech, which they would lack without it.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1079 on: 09 October 2019, 12:14:44 »
Sure, the Axeman is from the cartoon (94)- but it was in a SB (95) & TRO3050 (90) . . . so it was perhaps made iconic by the cartoon, just like the video games did for other mechs.

The Bushwhacker came out in TRO3058 which was 1995.  As stated it was in MW3 (99), and also featured in MCG (99), MC2 (2001)- it is the mech you start with in MW3 and MC2 its part of why its iconic.

The Nova Cat was in TRO3060, yes it was in MW4 and MCG, with looks that make it readily identifiable with the franchise.  Since its not a pulse/TC or headcapper loaded- or even heat neutral- I am not sure where your gripe comes from.  Its certainly less abusive than the Night Gyr.  As stated it gives the Invading Nova Cats their most iconic design that is also quite popular.

Solitaire is present b/c it came out before '61, was widely available from the Sharks on the market and is a pretty solid design that is not as complicated or lacking in combat ability than some other light designs.
Colt Ward