Author Topic: 53rd Shadow Division: Legion's Legacy  (Read 5929 times)

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
53rd Shadow Division: Legion's Legacy
« on: 06 April 2011, 12:26:19 »
Cobbled together from survivors of shattered shadow divisions, Light of Mankind operatives, and newer Manei Domini raised on Circinus, the 53rd was designed to be the latest in a new group of Cyber Soliders to help turn the tide of the war against the House Lords.  time worked against the Master however, and the 53rd Shadow was barely at full strength when it had to be deployed against Regulan ground forces on Circinus itself, along with the half strength 54th and 55th Shadow Divisions.

Level III- Essence of Spirit
Level II-Price of Glory: Mad Cat Mk II, Cerberus, Devastator, Deva, Grigori, Black Knight

Level II- Ideal War: Awesome, Seraph, Perseus, Black Knight, Galahad, Grim Reaper

Level II- Natural Selection: Masakari, Viking, Longbow, Shootist, Galahad, Initiate

Level II- Letha Heritige: Atlas II, Seraph, Highlander, Warhammer, Black Knight, Initiate

Level II- Blood Legacy: Seraph, Legacy, Warhammer IIC, Toyama, Deva, Grigori

Level II- Lost Destiny: Legacy, Viking, Vanquisher, White Flame, Toyama, Grim Reaper
« Last Edit: 06 April 2011, 13:59:45 by JPArbiter »
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
Re: 53rd Shadow Division: Legion's Legacy
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2011, 12:30:53 »
The Divisions equipment is surprisingly high tech considering it s origins.  the primary blessing comes from the overproduction of celestial Omnimechs, as well as Blackjacks from Gibson being sent to Circinus for storage.  The last of the some of the last of Words cached clan battlemechs can also be found in the Division.  in an age of "phoenixized" mechs becoming popular, seeing an original Behemoth, Warhammer IIC and Viper is almost anachronistic.

Level III Stillness of Earth

Level II- Blood of Heros: Toyama, Loki, Wolverine II, Blue Flame, Hermes, Malak

Level II- Tactics of Duty: Exterminator, Shadow Hawk, Preta, Dragonfly, Preta, Locust

Level II- Bred for War: Vanquisher, Vulture, Lynx, Initiate, Hammer, Hammer

Level II- Malicious Intent: Thor, White Flame, Hatchetman, Initiate, Hammer, Cougar

Level II- Hearts of Chaos: Black Knight, Crossbow, Kintaro, Black Lanner, Malak, Falcon Hawk

Level II- Close Quarters: Exterminator, Wolverine II, Nexus II, Locust, Red Shift, Ostscout
« Last Edit: 06 April 2011, 13:37:29 by JPArbiter »

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2011, 12:36:13 »
In True Shadow Division fashion, very few assets are used for dedicated reconnisance, flanking or other aspects of maneuver warfare.  the Legacy is intended to be a pure Shock Force.  ultimately it was that method of organization that made it ill suited to defend against the Regulan battle group sent to "finish the job."  of course, once the nuclear weapons started flying, no one particularly cared about the make up of either force.

Level III- Wrath of Water

Level II-Impetus of War: King Crab, Atlas II, Behemoth, Hammerhands, Cestus, Initiate

Level II-Binding Force: Grand Titan, Seraph, Persus, Deva, Grigori, Initiate

Level II-Grave Covenant: Mad Cat, Viper, Warhammer, Blackjack O, Kintaro, Gurkha

Level II-The Hunters: Legacy, Thor, Grasshopper, Wolverine II, Preta, Shadow Cat

Level II-Sword and Fire: Grizzley, Wolverine II, Blackjack O, Ryoken, Uller, Falcon Hawk

Level II-Shadows of War II:Loki, Warhammer, Blackjack O, Cicada, Hermes, Malak
« Last Edit: 06 April 2011, 13:41:03 by JPArbiter »

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2011, 12:40:06 »
another most unusual characteristic, aside from the use of near anachronistic battlemechs, was how the 53rd Shadow Division managed to secure a full Level II of Raptor II stealth mechs, and another II of Land Air Battlemechs.  the Raptor II being the Light of Mankinds baby was rarely deployed save for the 39th Divisions hunter killer teams (which it was unknown how many existed).  more unusual is the all but extinct use of Land Air Mechs, which in the case of the Legacy, were used to bombard Regulan ships in Orbit with Alamo warheads, never getting a chance to transform and engage ground forces.  It is still debated today how many functional LAMs the Word of Blake possessed, and how far they were distributed.

Level III Cleansing of Fire

Level II-Threads of Ambition: Toyama, Guillotine, Orion, Centurion, Blue Flame, Grim Reaper

Level II-Double Blind- Raptor II, Raptor II, Raptor II, Raptor II, Raptor II, Raptor II

Level II-Snow Birds, Phoenix Hawk LAM, Phoenix Hawk LAM, Wasp LAM, Wasp LAM, Wasp LAM, Wasp LAM

Level II-Blue Angels- Shade, Shade, Ruskala, Ruskala, Lancer, Lancer

Level II-Red Devils- Striga, Striga, Defiance, Defiance, Defiance, Defiance

Level II-Thunderbirds- Shade, Shade, Ruskala, Ruskala, Lancer, Lancer
« Last Edit: 06 April 2011, 13:58:48 by JPArbiter »

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #4 on: 06 April 2011, 12:44:34 »
It is most interesting to note that it was the non battlemech forces of the 53rd that held out the longest against the Regulan assault.  designed for fire support and follow up attacks after the mech contingent moved on  the armor and infantry  were dug into well made earthworks or in hidden bunkers where nuclear fire washed over them with little effect.  in the days after the nuclear bombardment, exhausted and broken 53rd forces still attempted to fight on destroying mechs and aerospace forces designated for Battle Damage Assessments.  it was during this impromptu "second battle of Circinus" that it is believed the last Kagna Hovertank in the galaxy was destroyed.

Level III- Silence of Air

Voodoo II- Magi, Magi, Bolla, Bolla, Bolla, Bolla

Bad Moon Rising II- Ripper, Ripper, Ripper, Ripper, Ripper, Ripper

Thunderstruck II- Demolisher, Demolisher, Pike, Pike, Pike, Pike

Red Rain II- Heavy LRM carrier, Heavy LRM Carrier, Heavy LRM carrier, Regulator, Regulator, Palamoni

The Unforgiven II- Manticore, Manticore, Manticore, Manticore, , Zukhov, Zukhov

Speed Demon II- Zephyr, Zephyr, Kanga, Kanga, Kanga, Kanga
« Last Edit: 06 April 2011, 13:50:30 by JPArbiter »

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2011, 12:48:07 »
The Ascended Domini Legion was given his name purportedly by President Calvin Macintyre, as opposed to the Master or Precentor Apolllyon.  Files Recovered indicate that Legion was extensively modified, receiving a full Buffered VDNI implant, Two Enhaned Prosthetic arms, Multi Modal Eyes, and Ears, and numerous replacement Organs.  the files also suggest he was to recieve Myomer and Triple core Processor implants, but there was no time to complete the procedures.

his Mad Cat Mk II reportedly was altered from the base configuration, replacing the Gauss Rifles with Large Variable Speed  pulse lasers and beefing up the LRM racks to full clan LRM 20s

Level III, Blessings of Blake

Sledgehammer II- Long Tom, Shilitron, Shilitron, Thumper, Thumper, Thumper

The Road Crew   - Stygian, Stygian, Stygian, Hunter, Hunter, Hunter

Dark Void II-Jump Infantry, Jump Infantry, Jump Infantry, Jump Infantry,J ump Infantry, Jump Infantry

Doom II- Nephilim, Tengu, Asura, Tau Zombie Platoon(6 squads), Tau Zombie Platoon(6 Squads), Tau Wraith Platoon (6 Squads)

Gears of War II   Phalanx, Longinus, Longinus, Longinus, Achilles, Achillies

Darksiders II- Purifier, Purifier, Purifier, Purifier, Purifier, Purifier
« Last Edit: 06 April 2011, 13:57:41 by JPArbiter »

lowrolling

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2011, 17:02:56 »
Yikes!!!!!
May no one ever know less then me......

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #7 on: 06 April 2011, 20:26:51 »
it's a Shadow Division, of course Yikes!

whats more I am about halfway through making this in Minis form

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #8 on: 06 April 2011, 20:34:29 »
That's a serious investment in minis.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #9 on: 06 April 2011, 23:43:55 »
Wow, can't wait to see them all finished. You will be posting pics i hope?
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #10 on: 07 April 2011, 09:10:18 »
That's a serious investment in minis.

a LOT of stripping of my earlier crap like my poor attempts at FedCom Corps

Wow, can't wait to see them all finished. You will be posting pics i hope?

we will see, I admit I cheated on the Purifiers, Longinus, and Achilles, I just took the clicky tech purifiers and put wood filler on the base anf flocked it.  they grey and white faction painted thier infantry just too perfect (since this Divisions panel color is white) to ingnore

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #11 on: 08 April 2011, 15:48:52 »
Sounds like my type of force.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register