Author Topic: Some prefered designd for conversion questions  (Read 8178 times)

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
Some prefered designd for conversion questions
« on: 02 March 2011, 18:51:07 »
Some questions for a different type of design preference discussion.

1. Playing Clan, which Inner Sphere designs would you prefer to make a Clan-tech version of?

2. Playing Inner Sphere, which Clan designs would you prefer to make a Inner Sphere-tech version of?

3. Which non-omni mechs would you like to make an omni-version of?

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: Some prefered designd for conversion questions
« Reply #1 on: 02 March 2011, 19:28:56 »
I wish the Maneri Domini was clantech. C3i and Clantech LPLs and TC using the MD rules! [drool]

I wish the Kodiak had IS Level 1 tech.

And I further wish that the Primative Industrial mechs of yore was built with Omnitech.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Railan Sradac

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 02 March 2011, 19:52:33 »
PLG-4Z built w/ Clantech. I bet I could find a way to stick IJJs on there, and maybe a CERPPC too. Hmmm... gimme a second. Had to fiddle a lot, but I got a Stealth-armoured, 3/5/5 mech with a Torso-Mounted Cockpit, 2 Gauss Rifles and 3 CERML. If you drop the Stealth armour once they get into CERML range, you'll be heat-neutral too. Had to make some sacrifices like a CXLFE and putting the GRs in the arms though.

Stormfury

• Major
  • Death couldn't stop me. How will you?
« Reply #3 on: 02 March 2011, 20:08:34 »
1. Playing Clan, which Inner Sphere designs would you prefer to make a Clan-tech version of?

Nightstar. Saggittaire. Archer. Mongoose. Wraith. Grand Titan. Warlord.

2. Playing Inner Sphere, which Clan designs would you prefer to make a Inner Sphere-tech version of?

Nova Prime. The Komodo and Black Hawk-KU just miss the mark.

Probably the Orion IIC- I'd like a SFE 75-tonner with full armour and a decent weapons array.
Mordin Solus: We need a plan to stop them.
John Shepard: We fight or we die. That's the plan.
Ashley Williams: Wow. That's the plan? Is it just me, or did Shepard have better plans before he died?
Urdnot Wrex: Silence! This is the best plan anyone, anywhere has ever had!
Garrus Vakarian: Yes! I AM SO THERE I AM THERE ALREADY!
Tali'Zora vas Normandy: *Facepalm*

Hawk

• Retired AF
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
  • Common sense is not so common. -Voltaire
« Reply #4 on: 02 March 2011, 20:09:35 »

70 Ton Warhammer (its a classic, and I like the Classics), or a Shadowhawk?Griffin/Wolverine (though the Osprey joins them now).

Heh, I'd say I would love to see an IS version of the Conjurer or the Vapor Eagle, though something would get lost in translation.

Thanotos, Argos, Osprey, I could probably name others, but that's a start.
Is the height greater than the distance from yourself?
Accidental Falls From Above are merely improvised clubs wielded by gravity.

USAF, Retired

Akalabeth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 02 March 2011, 23:44:41 »

King Crab. I do one with UAC/20, LB20, ER PPC and 2 LRM-15. My favourite clan upgrade.

Probably the Summoner Prime.
Though I wouldn't mind an IS Thresher either. That mech is sexy.

Hmmn. No preference. Omni mechs have never impressed me. Or rather, I like the omnis, like the Summoner and Hellbringer but I don't typically design omnis because I find the idea kinda boring.

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 03 March 2011, 11:17:50 »
1: Hatamoto-Chi, Dragon, Panther.
2: Supernova.
3: Hatamoto-Chi, Dragon, Supernova.

Glory to the Combine Snow Lily Empire!

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #7 on: 03 March 2011, 12:52:09 »
1) If I make a IIC it had better have been avaliable to the SLDF, an Enforcer IIC is just silly.  that said I sometimes make Omnimech configurations that emulate sphereoid designs

2) I generally don't, it is a waste of effort.  I instead try to maximize the innovate potential of sphere technology

3) Light- Panther, Medium- Centurion, Heavy Warhammer (did it already, called the Lioness) Assault- Grand Crusader
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #8 on: 03 March 2011, 16:11:23 »
I managed to make Inner Sphere versions of Kodiak, Nova Prime, Conjurer, Vapor Eagle, Summoner Prime, Thresher and Supernova.
The designs are in this thread: http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,2582.0.html

I am happy with most of them, except the Kodiak. Thanks for the suggestions!

EDIT:
Now I have finished turning the Inner Sphere mechs into Clan versions.
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,2585.0.html
Nightstar, Saggittaire, Archer, Mongoose, Wraith, Grand Titan, Warlord, Warhammer, Shadow Hawk, Griffin, Not-named, Osprey, King Crab, Hatamoto-Chi, Dragon and Panther all with Clan tech.

Creating omni-mechs up next, but that will take time.
« Last Edit: 03 March 2011, 18:29:46 by Neufeld »

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Railan Sradac

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 03 March 2011, 19:26:40 »
1: Hatamoto-Chi, Dragon, Panther.
2: Supernova.
3: Hatamoto-Chi, Dragon, Supernova.

To be fair, the Timber Wolf D is basically a 5-tons lighter Hatamoto-Chi that runs 5/8. Not a whole lot of difference.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #10 on: 04 March 2011, 00:23:01 »

Ost series.  Seriously... they are BEGGING for this.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 04 March 2011, 05:20:34 »
To be fair, the Timber Wolf D is basically a 5-tons lighter Hatamoto-Chi that runs 5/8. Not a whole lot of difference.
Yes, now imagine an omni-version of the HTM-28T.
Which would have 11.5t more pod weight - more if you'd give the HTM an XL Engine and/or Endo (21t more with both).
Besides, the IS lacks an 80t omni design.
Lets say it'd end up as something like this for the prime config (44.5t pod space, 42 free crits):
Code: [Select]
80T, 3/5/3, XLFE, Std; 15.5T Armor; 16 DHS; 1 C3S, 1 SPL, 2 ERML, 2 HPPC, 2 SSRM6Definitely more firepower than that timber wolf of yours.  :P
Better manoeuvrability too because of the Jump Jets.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #12 on: 04 March 2011, 13:51:07 »
So.... a Night Gyr?   ;D
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 04 March 2011, 14:37:53 »
So.... a Night Gyr?   ;D
A very much better looking Night Gyr, thank you very much.
Really... this, or this?
My vote definitely goes to the latter.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #14 on: 04 March 2011, 14:44:43 »
The Night Gyr doesn't need looks to win.

Onisuzume

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 04 March 2011, 16:04:42 »
The Night Gyr doesn't need looks to win.
Indeed, it is simple too much fail to even attempt to win.  :P

Back onto topic, however, I disagree with some of the conversion decisions made in some of the threads.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #16 on: 04 March 2011, 16:50:36 »
Indeed, it is simple too much fail to even attempt to win.  :P

Back onto topic, however, I disagree with some of the conversion decisions made in some of the threads.

Which ones?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #17 on: 05 March 2011, 11:44:26 »
70 Ton Warhammer (its a classic, and I like the Classics), or a Shadowhawk?Griffin/Wolverine (though the Osprey joins them now).

Well now... all of these are NOT royals, but Brain cache upgrades for second-line and solahma troops.

Warhammer-6R ( C ) A Clan-tech retrofit of the venerable Warhammer intended for second-line and solahma troops does not alter the 'Mechs structural components but replaces most of the Inner Sphere-tech weaponry of the original WHM-6R with Clan equivalents. The PPCs are replaced with Large Pulse Lasers, the SRM-6 is upgraded to a Streak SRM-6, and all of the lasers are upgraded to ER Medium and ER Small Lasers. The Machine Guns are not mentioned, and therefore presumably remain the Inner Spheroid variety.

Shadowhawk-2H ( C ) A Clan-tech retrofit of the classic Shadow Hawk taken from Brian Caches and intended for second-line and solahma troops, the Shadow Hawk C replaces all Inner Sphere-tech weaponry with Clan equivalents but leaves the structural components of the SHD-2H unaltered. The Shadow Hawk C mounts an LB 5-X AC, an LRM-5 equipped with Swarm LRM munitions, a Streak SRM-2, and an ER Medium Laser.

There isn't a Griffin - ( C ), try the IIC version. Thers is no Wolverine - ( C ) either: Although no designated IIC variant of the Wolverine exists, technically the Conjurer (Hellhound) is the Wolverine-IIC in all but name. The Clans would not name a BattleMech like the Not-Named Clan, however, and elected to rename the redesigned 'Mech that nevertheless is nothing but a reworked Wolverine concept.
Sarna

TT :)
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register