Author Topic: `Mech of the Week Schedule  (Read 246215 times)

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Re: `Mech of the Week Schedule
« Reply #660 on: 23 November 2014, 23:20:52 »
Awesome!! Hope that means your computer issues are resolved.

Anyone mind if I drop the Tiburon next week?

EDIT: Just read the Stalking Spider. Your poor computer :/
« Last Edit: 23 November 2014, 23:23:22 by GreekFire »
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #661 on: 24 November 2014, 13:41:04 »
Awesome!! Hope that means your computer issues are resolved.

Anyone mind if I drop the Tiburon next week?

EDIT: Just read the Stalking Spider. Your poor computer :/

Dang is the article that bad???

Not sure how it all went down because I wasn't home, but yeah my wife deleted pretty much everything we'd ever downloaded or installed.  It's mostly back now.  Though I lost all my custom mechs in SSW.

To the patient go the spoils

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #662 on: 24 November 2014, 15:55:50 »
Dang is the article that bad???

Not sure how it all went down because I wasn't home, but yeah my wife deleted pretty much everything we'd ever downloaded or installed.  It's mostly back now.  Though I lost all my custom mechs in SSW.

Hahaha, the article was great!! I just read the update on the computer situation in that thread after my initial post.
Did she accidentally reformat your comp?

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #663 on: 25 November 2014, 08:05:16 »
Yup she reformatted the computer.  as it pertains to MotW I had notes on the Stalking Spider, Bowman, Rabid Yote, as well as my previous articles I've written in a folder.  That entire folder appears to be a casualty.

I still have my old articles here and on a drive but my custom mechs are gone.  I'll just have to go back and play with mechs in MM again now ;D

To the patient go the spoils

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #664 on: 14 December 2014, 03:28:05 »
OK, even though it interests me, I'm going to ditch the Ursus (II). Someone else can pick it up if they want to.
Tiburon is already nearly done. Funny how loving a mech makes the words come so easily.

Did anyone nab the Ursus/Ursus II? I've been itching to do another MotW and it's as good a candidate as any.

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #665 on: 19 December 2014, 15:35:33 »
Rifleman up.

Getz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #666 on: 26 December 2014, 19:37:57 »
Could I request an article for the Viking and Viking IIC please?  I've been using a VKG-2G in an ATOW campaign and have come to love the beastie...

I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere, so I'm here for the hell of it now...

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #667 on: 26 December 2014, 20:34:18 »
Did anyone nab the Ursus/Ursus II? I've been itching to do another MotW and it's as good a candidate as any.

Still focusing on Protos over here, ain't doing it on my end.

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #668 on: 26 December 2014, 21:55:21 »
Put the Japanese "Angel" up... Somewhat fitting, I guess.

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #669 on: 27 December 2014, 02:26:03 »
Still focusing on Protos over here, ain't doing it on my end.

Alright, I'll do the Ursus family whenever I get a chance.

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #670 on: 28 December 2014, 09:29:39 »
I'd like to request the Gauntlet OmniMech in a future article.

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #671 on: 02 January 2015, 00:41:52 »
Decided to post one of my experiments this week... The Incubus II. Might not go as well as expected.

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #672 on: 12 January 2015, 21:17:38 »
Ursus family is written and will be posted this Friday unless someone else has something else they wanted to post.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #673 on: 12 January 2015, 21:26:43 »
Ursus family is written and will be posted this Friday unless someone else has something else they wanted to post.

Cool! I'm especially looking forward to this once, since it was the first production-level "mixed" tech 'Mech made in the Sphere.

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #674 on: 12 January 2015, 22:23:29 »
Cool! I'm especially looking forward to this once, since it was the first production-level "mixed" tech 'Mech made in the Sphere.

Just the Ursus-PR with the C3i, right? I hope I didn't miss a variant.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #675 on: 12 January 2015, 22:29:43 »
Just the Ursus-PR with the C3i, right? I hope I didn't miss a variant.

Ahh shit, no, I'm just being confusing hahah
The original Ursus was built with an IS chassis, comms and targeting system (and maybe an IS engine, too). It's technically mixed-tech, it's just that there's no actual in-game effects of it.

Still interesting, though.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #676 on: 23 January 2015, 14:21:37 »
Requests are made here, right? If not, i wonder where...

I have two requests actually. For some time in the future.
-The Jagermech/Jagermech III. Or perhaps the old article could be just reposted, if it exists still. The Jagermech is something of a favorite for me but given that it seems to be rather maligned design, would be really interesting to read more about it.
-With the Summoner and Thor II covered, i'd love to see article about the Thresher given that the Summoner was based on it.

And is there some kind of system to writing these things? Who (volunteers, appointed people?) and when, what should be covered, stuff like that? I haven't noticed any rules or anything about that.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #677 on: 23 January 2015, 15:43:53 »
And is there some kind of system to writing these things? Who (volunteers, appointed people?) and when, what should be covered, stuff like that? I haven't noticed any rules or anything about that.

Requests are made here! Otherwise I imagine you can PM specific people with your request and see if they're feeling up for it.

There's no real system beyond talking with the other MotW guys and figuring out who posts what when. Anyone can write one, and one is typically posted every Friday. As for things you should cover...there are no solid rules, but some common features include:
a) Covering what the 'Mech and any of its variants can do (armor, weapons, speed, etc)
b) Offering some tactical analysis as to how to use the 'Mech
c) Examining the fluff surrounding it (why was it built? does it fill a certain need for the faction that uses it?)

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #678 on: 23 January 2015, 16:00:23 »
About what i thought.
Lack of any official "rules" thread or such for this is confusing, but i guess this has been going on long enough it is rather informal process overall, and so lack of rules is taken for granted.

Perhaps i should write articles for what i requested, wouldn't have to wait so much. Writing from a limited subject with sources required is a good writing exercise, after all.
And man, Battletech has so much stuff to write about.
(Aaand that's not a promise i do anything. I tend to think more about things than actually write down those thoughts...)

Getz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #679 on: 24 January 2015, 05:15:41 »
I've not written an MotW article before, but if nobody objects I would mind having a crack at the Jagermech...

I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere, so I'm here for the hell of it now...

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #680 on: 24 January 2015, 11:09:34 »
Is there an article about the WoBs Legacy?
Or the Lament?

Thanks.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #681 on: 24 January 2015, 11:20:13 »
Perhaps i should write articles for what i requested, wouldn't have to wait so much. Writing from a limited subject with sources required is a good writing exercise, after all.

It is the fastest way to get things done, I know Kotetsu is still pumping them out on the regular but I'm not sure if anyone else is routinely writing any. I've still got a ways to go before I'm done with ProtoMechs, so it'll be a little while until I come back to 'Mechs.

I've not written an MotW article before, but if nobody objects I would mind having a crack at the Jagermech...

Do it!! It's always great to have fresh blood bring their own take on a XotW article!

Is there an article about the WoBs Legacy?
Or the Lament?

The quickest way to check for articles is to go into the stickied Fan Article Directory and do a wordsearch for whatever you're looking for
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-articles/fan-article-directory-4-0-do-not-post-in-this-thread/

The Lament has been done: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-articles/mech-of-the-week-lmt-xx-lament/
But the Legacy article is long dead and gone.

Getz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #682 on: 24 January 2015, 16:56:01 »
Okay, one Jagermech article coming up...

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #683 on: 24 January 2015, 21:22:13 »
Heh, awesome.
If no one minds, i'll tackle that Thresher someday. Once i get started, i'm terrible at starting things.

Fallen_Raven

• Major
« Reply #684 on: 24 January 2015, 21:30:44 »
I'd like to take a crack at the Penetrator since I didn't find a recent article. The MUL should have every variant listed right?
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #685 on: 25 January 2015, 21:34:37 »
I'd like to take a crack at the Penetrator since I didn't find a recent article. The MUL should have every variant listed right?

Yes.

You may also want to consult sarna for the 'apocryphal' variants that aren't technically published canon but may have appeared in novels or games.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #686 on: 30 January 2015, 01:52:16 »
Yes.

You may also want to consult sarna for the 'apocryphal' variants that aren't technically published canon but may have appeared in novels or games.
Are you talking about the Penetrator in particular or just in general? Because I can't find an apocryphal version of the Penetrator on Sarna

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #687 on: 30 January 2015, 10:56:59 »
The only one I can think of is Archer Christifori's Penetrator, which had Clan ERLLs and cursed jump jets that erased all knowledge of their existence from the pilot.

In other news, any objection to me doing the Vandal? I could've sworn there was an article on it but I can't find it.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #688 on: 30 January 2015, 11:29:53 »
I'm 1046 words into the UrbanMech article.  I've covered 3 variants, and have 7.5 to go.  This is going to be a long one.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #689 on: 30 January 2015, 15:01:22 »
In other news, any objection to me doing the Vandal? I could've sworn there was an article on it but I can't find it.

O_o
Weird...same here.