Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 238130 times)

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
"Hunters of the Deep" actually covers such an occurrence. And it goes poorly for the renegade.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

wellspring

• Lieutenant
"Hunters of the Deep" actually covers such an occurrence. And it goes poorly for the renegade.

Thanks! I'm not really up on DA-era Foxlore, so I'm to some extent talking out my ammo bin here.

I was looking on sarna and noticed the titles. So we have Aimags (clusters), operating from CargoShips and lead by an ovKhan. A group of Aimags form a Khanate (galaxy), operating from ArcShips and run by a saKhan.

And the Sea Foxes as a whole are run by an "ilKhan"? I'm assuming the wiki is accurate; i have no way of knowing and would love for someone who knows something to speak up. Normally the senior Khan is the kaKhan (though the term is archaic).

We've been speculating about who the ilClan would be (from the upcoming rumored supplement), and even I thought the foxes were a long shot. Might they be the ilClan? With their khan being officially the ilKhan of the Clans, and the Sea Foxes responsible for running all the non-clan-specific bureaucracy and administration? They'd hardly be the clan of clans like the Falcons or Wolves, but their claim to a title like that has to come from somewhere or they'd be buried in Trials of Grievance. Claiming inflated titles isn't really the Sea Fox way.

Anyway, like I've already said twice. I have no idea about Dark Age Foxes, so could someone who knows something tell me if this is ridiculous or possible?

Nerroth

• Captain
Not to familiar with current Diamond Shark patterns

Camo Specs Online has entries from Field Manual: Warden Clans posted for various Diamond Shark Galaxies.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
Sarna is wrong.  They're ruled by a Khan who runs the ilKhanate.  There are about 5 saKhans (who run Khanates) and then numerous ovKhans which is now an official rank instead of a term of respect (they run the Aimags).

The Khanates and Aimags seem to have replaced Galaxy's and Clusters for the most part.  But we'll know more once ER:3145 comes out.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
Camo Specs Online has entries from Field Manual: Warden Clans posted for various Diamond Shark Galaxies.
hmm. No metallic paint there.
I actually do like that DA color scheme, it's fairly striking, so I hope at least one of the fleets adopts it.

truegrit

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
    • ChenTech
Or if any of the Galaxies retain their Diamond Shark iconography. Sigma Galaxy fought a Trial of Refusal to retain the name "Fox's Whelps" and retain some Fox symbolism (though their keshik lost a ToR to remain a keshik and became a skate instead).

Based on the Tiburon, I think the Sea Foxes have no problem with acknowledging their stint as the Diamond Sharks.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Even with all that autonomy, sometimes people just want more.  And besides, the Bears have such close knit bonds, yet Omega is standing in dissent, though from what I understand, they are not in full rebellion. 

Granted, the situation that Omega is in is far different.  I just figured if one Clan unit, now away from the Homeworlds, can begin to question the Clan's system (in any way; the Foxes and Bears have very different concerns and outlooks), then others might do so as well.

Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

wellspring

• Lieutenant
Sarna is wrong.  They're ruled by a Khan who runs the ilKhanate.  There are about 5 saKhans (who run Khanates) and then numerous ovKhans which is now an official rank instead of a term of respect (they run the Aimags).

The Khanates and Aimags seem to have replaced Galaxy's and Clusters for the most part.  But we'll know more once ER:3145 comes out.

Ahhh, cool thanks.

BTW, funny and appropriate that the Sea Foxes have essentially adopted an M-form organizational structure. Very 80's but also very Foxy. ;)

foxbat

• Tunnel Rat
  • Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • classicbattletech.fr
hmm. No metallic paint there.
I actually do like that DA color scheme, it's fairly striking, so I hope at least one of the fleets adopts it.

Actually, you could go with Lambda Spina :

Lambda Spina has adopted a blue and silver paint scheme.

We've given a blue dominance on CSO as of now, but technically, I'd see nothing wrong with an interpretation with more silver.  ;)
Hanse Davion is my shepherd.
We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender! Winston Churchill, June 1940

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
Actually, you could go with Lambda Spina :

We've given a blue dominance on CSO as of now, but technically, I'd see nothing wrong with an interpretation with more silver.  ;)
Maybe, but that's more a 'two seperate colors' listing.
The DA Sea Foxes were a bright metallic blue-green.

Although, I did notice one of the galaxies had 'irridescent' effects. That could work.

truegrit

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
    • ChenTech
Maybe, but that's more a 'two seperate colors' listing.
The DA Sea Foxes were a bright metallic blue-green.

Although, I did notice one of the galaxies had 'irridescent' effects. That could work.

Yeah, I also feel like Rho Spina seems the be the easiest to interpret into the MWDA mini colors.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Well guys, we're officially 100% Foxy.

Thoughts on the new stuff?

We're selling a lot of good, high quality gear!! Glad to see the factories are still churnin' away. I'm not sure what to make of our new leadership though...
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

SteveRestless

• Major
I have to ask you guys this. Are you selling the Mad Cat Mk IV like a 21st Century Earth Cellphone Company? where it costs about 92 million cbills, but you'll let it go for the 24m cbill price tag of a Timber Wolf if we sign a 10 year maintenance contract with the Sea Foxes?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
I have to ask you guys this. Are you selling the Mad Cat Mk IV like a 21st Century Earth Cellphone Company? where it costs about 92 million cbills, but you'll let it go for the 24m cbill price tag of a Timber Wolf if we sign a 10 year maintenance contract with the Sea Foxes?

Don't give them ideas...
"Manei Domini think themselves superior because of their unnatural enhancements.  I cannot wait to show them the error of their ways."
  - Star Colonel Damien Furey

"I'm going to found a mercenary outfit, all the cool kids are doing it."
 - Duchess Designate Alice Duvall

SteveRestless

• Major
Don't give them ideas...

They are SharkFoxes. Theres no way I thought of that before them.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Don't give them ideas...

Too late!! :D :D :D

Yeah my jaw dropped at some of the possible price tags. Either XXL engines, ferro-lamellor and all the newfangled weapons have gotten a price drop, or we're getting filthy rich. And if people want to fork over the cash for this kind of stuff, well, who am I to tell them that they're wrong?

If they cost as much as they normally would, it creates an even greater divide between what the line armies of the Inner Sphere can field, and what Mercs can wield.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Oh crap gotta change my sig now that we're officially in a new era.

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
Oh crap gotta change my sig now that we're officially in a new era.

Change it to what?  Clan Sea Fox, Om nom nom nom nom?  or Mmmmmmm.... Inner Sphere's money (said in Cartman's voice).
"Manei Domini think themselves superior because of their unnatural enhancements.  I cannot wait to show them the error of their ways."

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Change it to what?  Clan Sea Fox, Om nom nom nom nom?  or Mmmmmmm.... Inner Sphere's money (said in Cartman's voice).

Just had to slightly modify my disclaimer, replacing all instances of Diamond Shark with Sea Fox. Don't want those vict- err, those customers exploiting any loopholes now, do we?

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
If they cost as much as they normally would, it creates an even greater divide between what the line armies of the Inner Sphere can field, and what Mercs can wield.

Well, it's quite simple, really.
If you have money, you get a Vulture Mk. IV or a Mad Cat Mk. IV. If you have no money, you get a self exploding Stalking Spider II. I think that's fair :D
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
So my question is this: how are Fox military assets distributed among the Aimags, and what would their touman actually DO, since they're all out to sell you Mad Cat IVs now?
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Well, part of the Navy kept Regulus from reinforcing Atreus.  They patrol the Clan Protectorate, and since the Spirit Cats are rebuilding, likely they garrison the other Protectorate worlds from enclaves.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
I think I know why you guys are putting XXL engines on everything know. While pretending to strengthen the resiliency of the units you offer with Ferror-Lamellor armor, in fact they are actually a lot easier to destroy because of the XXL engines. BUT destroyed units automatically create further demand for new units.
Genius.

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
I think I know why you guys are putting XXL engines on everything know. While pretending to strengthen the resiliency of the units you offer with Ferror-Lamellor armor, in fact they are actually a lot easier to destroy because of the XXL engines. BUT destroyed units automatically create further demand for new units.
Genius.

This is why I can't be a Lyran in charge of procurement.  They would just make it a 100 Tons and then I'd buy it while they sniggered behind my back at their profit and my future dependence.  Well Bargained and Done indeed.

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
I would rather have us stick to domestic armament products than buying up all those fancy looking Fox mechs anyways. :P

wellspring

• Lieutenant
Genius.

Shhh!!!!!!!

Yeah not a fan of XXL. However, it's interesting, I think we're going to be seeing the Foxes turning into an Aerospace-focused clan (like the Cobras and Ravens). It'll be cool to watch that unfold and see how it changes them.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
So my question is this: how are Fox military assets distributed among the Aimags, and what would their touman actually DO, since they're all out to sell you Mad Cat IVs now?

Some rough equivalencies to make it easier for other Clanners to understand. Khanates/Aimags can field fewer/more units depending on the situation.

Khanate = Galaxy
     lead by a saKhan = saKhan/Galaxy Commander mix
Aimag = Cluster
     lead by a ovKhan = Star Colonel

The Sea Fox touman is still fielded in a mostly defensive role. They are there to make sure the Sharks aren't ripped off, and to protect Shark assets from raiders and other undesirables. If a planet/faction does fleece the Sharks, the touman can quickly retaliate (see: Fox actions against the Wolves in 3097).

However, the touman can also be used in an offensive capacity, as a means of securing resources that benefit the Clan as a whole. This can include raw materials, bondsmen, equipment and enclaves. A good example of this would be on Marik in 3137.

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
I had a strange thought.  With the fact that the Sea Foxes are using a C-Bill equivalence in the form of a Fox Credit. could it be possible they will end up being the new ComStar?  I wonder if with their Clan Technicians they could end up being the ones to bring communications back to the Inner Sphere.

wellspring

• Lieutenant
I had a strange thought.  With the fact that the Sea Foxes are using a C-Bill equivalence in the form of a Fox Credit. could it be possible they will end up being the new ComStar?  I wonder if with their Clan Technicians they could end up being the ones to bring communications back to the Inner Sphere.

Will they? Who knows? Should they? Absolutely! Conquering planets and pacifying occupation zones isn't their thing.

From a metaplot perspective, either they replace ComStar (which after the WoB I can't imagine is a hard sell to everyone else), or they are a competitor.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Will they? Who knows? Should they? Absolutely! Conquering planets and pacifying occupation zones isn't their thing.

From a metaplot perspective, either they replace ComStar (which after the WoB I can't imagine is a hard sell to everyone else), or they are a competitor.

They already are a damned good competitor, with all of their Aimags floating around the sphere gathering, using and selling information.