Author Topic: (Answered) CO - Procuring Equipment  (Read 1945 times)

vagabond820

• Private
(Answered) CO - Procuring Equipment
« on: 22 June 2017, 21:02:53 »
On page 51 of CO, it covers the rules for procuring equipment and personnel during the campaign.  In paragraph two, it covers the shipping times.  This formula seems off to me:

[7 - (1d6 + availability)] / 4 = # of months (min 1 month).

So by this formula a Heavy Battlemech takes on average -0.625 months:

[7 - (3.5 + 6)] / 4 = [7 - 9.5] / 4 = -2.5 / 4 = -0.625 months.

That has got to be an error.  My searches have resulted in no hits on this topic so I posted in order to get an answer. 

I'm thinking it was meant to be [7 + (1d6 + A)] / 4 and thus a Hvy Mech takes 4.125 months

or

it was meant to be [(1D6 + A) - 7] / 4 and thus 0.625 months. 

Non-the-less, its strange.
« Last Edit: 02 November 2017, 23:17:51 by Xotl »

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
Re: Procuring Equipment - Campaign Operations
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2017, 17:38:04 »
Oops. That equation is a hold over from FM:Mercs Revised (p. 183), but doesn't work so well with the new availability modifiers, does it? :)

I guess the easiest fix is what you suggested, flip the minus sign. That works well with the other change, which removes the "multiply by number of units purchased."

So, I'll submit the errata.
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=53442.msg1362553#msg1362553
« Last Edit: 02 November 2017, 17:44:39 by cray »
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Register