Author Topic: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST  (Read 330252 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: Master Unit List (MUL) Feedback Thread II - READ THE FIRST POST
« Reply #1410 on: 06 March 2021, 21:10:28 »
Given that Recognition Guide 3 also says that it's being sold throughout the Inner Sphere, I must ask why it's not available to any of the Successor States during the Dark Age.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1411 on: 06 March 2021, 21:39:39 »
Another valid question

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1412 on: 07 March 2021, 16:11:56 »
I’d really like to see quirks listed on the MUL. I heard they got an update in the new Campaign Ops, it would be the time.  ;)

We have an interest in doing this but some technical hurdles will have to be cleared first (ie there currently is no field to add them to). Stay tuned

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #1413 on: 07 March 2021, 18:13:20 »
The Firefly FFL-3A shows TAG in RS:OK as well as in RS:SW. However, it can't be selected from the MUL by filtering for Alpha Strike ability "TAG". It's also missing its AS card.

Its MUL entry lists TRO:SW as the relevant TRO source. However, this TRO doesn't even mention the 3A variant, TRO:OK describes it.
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #1414 on: 07 March 2021, 18:24:52 »
The Firefly FFL-3A shows TAG in RS:OK as well as in RS:SW. However, it can't be selected from the MUL by filtering for Alpha Strike ability "TAG". It's also missing its AS card.

Its MUL entry lists TRO:SW as the relevant TRO source. However, this TRO doesn't even mention the 3A variant, TRO:OK describes it.

Everything should be good now.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #1415 on: 07 March 2021, 19:05:46 »
That was FAST! :o  :thumbsup:
Can I hire you?  ;)
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #1416 on: 07 March 2021, 19:56:04 »
That was FAST! :o  :thumbsup:
Can I hire you?  ;)

Gawd don't even joke..  xp

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #1417 on: 09 March 2021, 13:09:36 »
Galaport Ground Tug and Galaport Ground Tag Trailer should weigh 200t each, not 0.2t.

Xotl: Fixed, thanks.
« Last Edit: 09 March 2021, 13:54:26 by Xotl »
- David Drake

Inspector2311

• Sergeant
« Reply #1418 on: 13 March 2021, 23:40:47 »
Hello,

I think I may have found an error in the PV calculation for the Thor (Summoner) Prime?  Unless I'm mistaken, it should be 44, not 43.

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Card/3183?skill=4

I think the missing 1 point is that the listing does not seem to take into account the Offensive Special Ability Factor 1 for the IF1?

I'm showing:
Attack Damage Factor: 16
Unit Size Factor: 1.5
Overheat Factor: 0
Offensive Special Ability Factor: 1

Blanket Offensive Multipliers: 1

Offensive Value: 18.5

Movement Factor: 1.75
Defensive Special Abilities Factor: 0
Armor Factor: 12
Structure Factor: 4
Movement Defense Factor Modifier: 2
Defense Factor Type Modifier: 0
Defense Factor: 1.2
DIR: 19.2 (round up to the nearest half point=19.5)
Final Defensive Value: 21.25

"Agile" Modifier: 4
Total: 18.5+21.25+4=43.75, round to 44.

Again, unless I have missed a calculation? (In which case, please, do let me know)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 13 March 2021, 23:50:30 by Inspector2311 »

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #1419 on: 14 March 2021, 00:18:33 »
*snip*

Welcome to the forums!

Errata (which can be found in its final state here, if you are unaware: https://bg.battletech.com/errata/) changed the DIR from being round up to being round to the nearest whole number. The 19.2, as a result, rounds down to 19, which then changes the final defensive rating to 20.75. Final Point Value then becomes 43.25, which rounds down to 43.

Inspector2311

• Sergeant
« Reply #1420 on: 14 March 2021, 15:09:02 »
Welcome to the forums!

Errata (which can be found in its final state here, if you are unaware: https://bg.battletech.com/errata/) changed the DIR from being round up to being round to the nearest whole number. The 19.2, as a result, rounds down to 19, which then changes the final defensive rating to 20.75. Final Point Value then becomes 43.25, which rounds down to 43.

Ah, yes, I missed that in the errata.  Perfect, I can fix my calculations now.  Thank you so much!

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #1421 on: 14 March 2021, 17:18:44 »
Since the Terran Hegemony units inherit from the SL General list, in the Star League Era Overview the TH should be shown together with "Star Regular" and "Star League Royal" in the relevant "Other" column instead of "Inner Sphere" column (Or there could even be an era-specific dedicated "SL" Column for "SL General", "SL Royal", "SL Regular and Terran Hegemony").

The following units have AS Ability "FLAK", should be "FLK":
Von Luckner Heavy Tank (Star League)
Osteon E
Savage Coyote Z

The following unit has AS Ability "MQ", should be "MHQ":
Marco MR-6 ExplorerMech

Edit: According to TRO:VA(rev), p. 216,  the Marco-6 and -7 were produced for the SLDF. Availabilty should be assigned accordingly. [/edit]

The comment field of the Champion CHP-1Nb2 should be changed to "Original model with standard PPC.. replaced by ER PPC when available." Add missing "r" and replace ".." with ","

The Clipper's source is HB:HM, page 139,  not the old HMSB
« Last Edit: 14 March 2021, 17:29:13 by CVB »
- David Drake

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #1422 on: 14 March 2021, 17:53:47 »
The following units have AS Ability "FLAK", should be "FLK":
Von Luckner Heavy Tank (Star League)
Osteon E
Savage Coyote Z

The following unit has AS Ability "MQ", should be "MHQ":
Marco MR-6 ExplorerMech

Edit: According to TRO:VA(rev), p. 216,  the Marco-6 and -7 were produced for the SLDF. Availabilty should be assigned accordingly. [/edit]

The comment field of the Champion CHP-1Nb2 should be changed to "Original model with standard PPC.. replaced by ER PPC when available." Add missing "r" and replace ".." with ","

The Clipper's source is HB:HM, page 139,  not the old HMSB

Thank you for finding all of these, fixed.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1423 on: 14 March 2021, 18:15:29 »
The TH is in a goofy spot because it existed as an inner sphere power long before the Star League. The League itself is a constructed amalgamation including both IS and Periphery nations so it’s classified as Other

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #1424 on: 14 March 2021, 18:21:53 »
Thank you for finding all of these, fixed.
Sorry for nitpicking, the Champion comment field has the missing "r" fixed, but still contains the double sentence mark instead of a single comma.
Also the Von Luckner still says "FLAK" instead of "FLK".
« Last Edit: 14 March 2021, 18:58:20 by CVB »
- David Drake

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #1425 on: 14 March 2021, 18:32:57 »
The TH is in a goofy spot because it existed as an inner sphere power long before the Star League. The League itself is a constructed amalgamation including both IS and Periphery nations so it’s classified as Other
Right now it only has the SL era, could adding the AoW era help make things clear.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1426 on: 14 March 2021, 19:11:40 »
The age of war is blissfully blank and will likely remain so until more sources are published

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #1427 on: 14 March 2021, 19:34:12 »
Sorry for nitpicking, the Champion comment field has the missing "r" fixed, but still contains the double sentence mark instead of a single comma.
Also the Von Luckner still says "FLAK" instead of "FLK".

It's all good, I unironically love nitpicks. I gotta admit that I skimmed that bit. Should be fixed now!

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #1428 on: 14 March 2021, 19:40:25 »

Hm...
The faction description for StarLeague General says "Units on this list are available to Terran Hegemony, Star League Regular, and Star League Royal formations between 2570 and 2781."

The Inner Sphere General description says: "This is an abbreviation for the unit being available to all tracked Inner Sphere factions.
Star League [era]:
Capellan Confederation, Draconis Combine, Federated Suns, Free Worlds League, Lyran Commonwealth."

No mention of a connection between IS General and Terran Hegemony.
- David Drake

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1429 on: 14 March 2021, 19:47:50 »
The Star league (including the TH) was recently separated from IS general for a number of reasons. They’re discrete lists. By 2570 the TH was basically second line militia for those worlds. The best of their gear was stripped out to give to royal divisions and regular units coming from the hegemony.

If we ever were to do AoW, TH would probably be is general. As of now it’s what we can do with the infrastructure we have
« Last Edit: 14 March 2021, 19:51:02 by Sartris »

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #1430 on: 14 March 2021, 19:52:38 »
It's all good, I unironically love nitpicks. I gotta admit that I skimmed that bit. Should be fixed now!

Thank you. Just want to make sure to disagree without becoming disagreeable ;)

Should I rather write more, smaller posts to avoid such walls of text?
- David Drake

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1431 on: 14 March 2021, 19:53:48 »
Nope. We’re good with walls of text. Indeed we specialize in them

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #1432 on: 14 March 2021, 19:59:11 »
The Star league (including the TH) was recently separated from IS general for a number of reasons. They’re discrete lists.

That confirms what I had deduced from the observed changes to the MUL. That's why I proposed to place the TH logo in the same column as the other SL logos. Anyway, I see it as WIBNI, not really important.
Thanks!
- David Drake

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1433 on: 15 March 2021, 02:16:13 »
Kokou Defense Tank and its (XL) version have a listed BV,  but no PV or card.

Fix: generate a card and PV
« Last Edit: 15 March 2021, 02:26:11 by Kerfuffin(925) »
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1434 on: 15 March 2021, 02:26:59 »
In fact every non-mech unit from TRO: Golden Century needs a PV and card generated for it.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1435 on: 15 March 2021, 06:41:05 »
Thanks. In this case they’re just in the work queue rather than overlooked

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1436 on: 16 March 2021, 00:48:51 »
Thanks. In this case they’re just in the work queue rather than overlooked

That seems fair

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #1437 on: 17 March 2021, 12:34:34 »
Two new factions have been added to the MUL.

The Escorpión Imperio is active between 3080 and 3140 (or the Jihad to Dark Age eras) and is a continuation of Clan Goliath Scorpion. The second faction, the Scorpion Empire, is a Dark Age-era evolution of the Imperio. Do note that due to the isolated nature of both factions, neither are currently a part of any General lists.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1438 on: 17 March 2021, 18:33:31 »
I think the MUL announcement should read "complement", not compliment.

Surprisingly large unit list.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #1439 on: 17 March 2021, 18:50:52 »
I think the MUL announcement should read "complement", not compliment.

Surprisingly large unit list.

Hah! For once it's not me making that mistake.