Author Topic: Tales of the Bounty Hunter - KS reward update?  (Read 979 times)

jrvk777

• Sergeant
Tales of the Bounty Hunter - KS reward update?
« on: 13 April 2024, 18:42:15 »
Was there a specific update as to when this will be delivered?   azn

Thanks in advance!  :cool:

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
Re: Tales of the Bounty Hunter - KS reward update?
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2024, 22:42:44 »
There have been no details on when it will be coming or even if the writing on it has started.

Doc Swift

• Freelance Writer
  • Warrant Officer
  • COMING SOON to Amazon!
    • My Amazon Author page
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2024, 09:18:06 »
It was mentioned briefly in one of the Adepticon livestreams.
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84448.msg1999384#msg1999384

jrvk777

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2024, 04:42:13 »
Thank you. :)

Swankmotron

• Freelance Writer
  • Corporal
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: 16 April 2024, 15:56:51 »
I'm excited about this tome. For... uh.... reasons.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: 17 April 2024, 04:36:35 »
I'm excited about this tome. For... uh.... reasons.

Hmmm. Katie Ferraro and the Bounty Hunter have never been seen in the same room at same time...

Swankmotron

• Freelance Writer
  • Corporal
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: 17 April 2024, 07:17:44 »
Hmmm. Katie Ferraro and the Bounty Hunter have never been seen in the same room at same time...

That is definitely a true fact.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 17 April 2024, 08:39:36 »
That is definitely a true fact.

Ok BT fans, I expect a list of confirmed characters that Katie has been in the room with, and therefore are confirmed to not be the Bounty Hunter.
And the list of who that leaves as possible suspects? :)
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

williegagnier

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 19 April 2024, 01:24:33 »
Yeah! That's very wonderful :cheesy: candy clicker :cheesy:

jrvk777

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 19 April 2024, 02:25:03 »

Sorry, I may be clueless on this.. Is this based on any fiction that is currently available? Links would be great! Thanks! :cool:

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #10 on: 19 April 2024, 07:51:13 »
Sorry, I may be clueless on this.. Is this based on any fiction that is currently available? Links would be great! Thanks! :cool:

Katie Ferraro is the main character from the excellent Fox Patrol stories written by Byran Young aka Swankmotron here on the forums, the Fox Tales collected anthology is what your after: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-fox-tales-the-collected-fox-patrol-stories-by-bryan-young

I took his comment to mean he possibly might have contributed a story to the Tales of the Bounty Hunter and was riffing on the Bounty Hunter's anonymity :)

BattleTechKerensky

• Recruit
« Reply #11 on: 19 April 2024, 12:25:43 »
Isn’t the Bounty Hunter more like the Dread Pirate Roberts from the Princess Bride, with the persona being passed from one person to another over the ages?

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 19 April 2024, 12:39:48 »
The Bounty  Hunter is an organization that puts  an Elite mech pilot that does Intel and wet work to the highest bidder . He is sort of an Evil Phantom / Ghost who walks character of the Battletech universe spanning Decades or even more than a century of Battletech history . When one is killed another takes his place . If you need intel and money is no object he is among the very best to get it . If you need a particular unit commander removed before  , during or after  an offensive he is the best out there .  He is infamous he killed Uncle Chande after he released a huge data dump on the Word of Blake presumably because he is an agent of chaos and  wasn't the sole source of near impossible to attain intelligence. 

Rob Bendig

• Private
« Reply #13 on: 19 April 2024, 14:30:50 »
The Bounty Hunter - kind of like the Beekeeper  :wink:

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 20 April 2024, 11:52:19 »
No the beekeeper commits violence against elements that will disrupt societal order . The Bounty Hunter takes jobs that will promote disorder and Choas which in turn increases hob opportunities for him . The Bounty Hunter is Evil and crazy in nearly every written description.  He just hides the Crazy well. He a tool to get a job done . Most people  don't realize he is an agent of Chaos

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #15 on: 20 April 2024, 20:14:38 »
Actually, my cousin's nephew's roommate told me Hanse Davion's Liao clone is definitely not related to Katie Ferraro and I should pay no attention to the name "Fox Patrol" as its totally not a play on her Not-grandfather's call sign.
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

jrvk777

• Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: 20 April 2024, 23:10:31 »
Katie Ferraro is the main character from the excellent Fox Patrol stories written by Byran Young aka Swankmotron here on the forums, the Fox Tales collected anthology is what your after: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-fox-tales-the-collected-fox-patrol-stories-by-bryan-young

I took his comment to mean he possibly might have contributed a story to the Tales of the Bounty Hunter and was riffing on the Bounty Hunter's anonymity :)

Thanks very much! Ah, that's cool. Incidentally - I did get the Fox Tales collection as part of the Humble Bundle.  azn

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #17 on: 21 April 2024, 01:51:10 »
Isn’t the Bounty Hunter more like the Dread Pirate Roberts from the Princess Bride, with the persona being passed from one person to another over the ages?

Until we were given a serial killer who took the armor & assets in a MWDA book.  Then we got the Kappa Bounty Hunter junk.

No the beekeeper commits violence against elements that will disrupt societal order . The Bounty Hunter takes jobs that will promote disorder and Choas which in turn increases hob opportunities for him . The Bounty Hunter is Evil and crazy in nearly every written description.  He just hides the Crazy well. He a tool to get a job done . Most people  don't realize he is an agent of Chaos

. . . no, that is not of the portrayals before Kappa.  A bit amoral?  yes  Uses people to achieve objectives and maybe does not disclose all the risk?  yes

But the Bounty Hunter was never part of Bannson's Raiders, and to perform at the level the incarnations do they would have to function logically.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register