Author Topic: Solaris Skunk Werks 0.7.0 Stable Release (Now 0.7.5!)  (Read 20481 times)

kashim12

• Sergeant
Re: Solaris Skunk Werks 0.7.0 Stable Release
« Reply #90 on: 20 June 2020, 21:25:33 »
How do I check the experimental equipment in SAW?  I've selected All Eras (non-canon) and Experimental Tech but the Experimental Tech boxes and names are grayed out and unselectable.  Help?

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #91 on: 21 June 2020, 07:29:57 »
What's odd is that they're greyed out for you.  In every version I've used, unavailable equipment doesn't appear at all.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #92 on: 21 June 2020, 08:08:23 »
The things he's talking about are on the front tab, not the equipment list.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #93 on: 21 June 2020, 08:31:43 »
Ah, forgot about those.  Working on my end.  Version 0.7.3.20191019 if that helps at all.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #94 on: 21 June 2020, 08:36:53 »
My version only says 0.7.3, and it's not working for me either.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #95 on: 22 June 2020, 06:55:21 »
My version only says 0.7.3, and it's not working for me either.
Did you check your java? Is it up to date?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #96 on: 22 June 2020, 10:43:27 »
I can tell you my me is up to date and all the options for experimental tech are regardless of changes to era/tech that are made in SAW. I just chalked up to never being finished.  It has been that way as long as I can remember.

jackpot4

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #97 on: 13 July 2020, 09:33:58 »
Best record sheet builder  out there!
Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Be the Light in the darkness.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #98 on: 18 July 2020, 13:33:31 »
Do i need post on gig to note that the Solaris is not allowing for equipment to be listed as standard in Dark Age, when it's experimental in previous eras.  Partial Wing is standard now, not Experimental. Even if you set the year/era correctly.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Ivoryskull

• Recruit
    • Tabletop Gamers Association
Re: Solaris Skunk Werks 0.7.4.1
« Reply #99 on: 14 October 2020, 19:40:45 »
Okay, when I try to run it, I get an error message saying "could not find file .\Data\Printing\patterns.zip (The system cannot find the path specified)"

I am having this problem. I can see the file, it just cannot find it? How do I fix it please?
Catalyst Games Labs Agent #139
Tabletop Gamers Association Co-Founder
www.tgaperth.com
Perth's best tabletop games club!

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
Re: Solaris Skunk Werks 0.7.4.1
« Reply #100 on: 15 October 2020, 08:09:18 »
I am having this problem. I can see the file, it just cannot find it? How do I fix it please?

It's most likely a pathing issue with your set-up.  I don't know wh it happens for some, I personally haven't been able to replicate it but this normally fixes

Try downloading this

unzip that in the SSW directory and you should be able to launch each app by doubleclicking them

Phobos

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #101 on: 26 October 2020, 16:01:33 »
Is there any chance that SAW will get some love soon with the following problems? -> The armored motive system still isn't available, also trailers don't work correctly and IIRC, there is still no option for super-heavy vehicles.

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #102 on: 26 October 2020, 18:16:43 »
Is there any chance that SAW will get some love soon with the following problems? -> The armored motive system still isn't available, also trailers don't work correctly and IIRC, there is still no option for super-heavy vehicles.

I think the basics of super heavies are in there? I know I can build a 100-ton hovercraft.

We try to get work done but we need devs and the two we have full-time work and families so very limited work time.  When we have that time, the first priority is to polish mechs further and fix BV, then the easiest things to add get done first for more features to release.

That said If you file tickets on Github, we'll have it on the list and try to complete them.

Phobos

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #103 on: 27 October 2020, 08:35:38 »
I think the basics of super heavies are in there? I know I can build a 100-ton hovercraft.

We try to get work done but we need devs and the two we have full-time work and families so very limited work time.  When we have that time, the first priority is to polish mechs further and fix BV, then the easiest things to add get done first for more features to release.

That said If you file tickets on Github, we'll have it on the list and try to complete them.

Yes, hovers, but the rest? Not so much :/
I'll see about Github. Will have to register first, I think.
And of course I appreciate the effort. Would be cool to have an alternative to MML again (to be frank, I always prefered SSWs UI and intuitivity over MMLs UI and the fact that it doesn't show me the remaining tonnage but only how much I have already used of the overall tonnage. That's why I was asking for info whether you had plans to give SAW a serious update or not. ;)
« Last Edit: 27 October 2020, 08:38:00 by Phobos »

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #104 on: 02 December 2020, 10:32:46 »
It is our pleasure to release Solaris Skunk Werks 0.7.5! Below the link we have a brief listing of the updates to SSW.

You can download the newest version, and join our development discord through our Github page here. We welcome all who want to help make SSW even better: https://github.com/Solaris-Skunk-Werks/solarisskunkwerks#solaris-skunk-werks

# This has breaking changes from the last release:

The format for Exclusions in the Equipment JSON file has changed. If you use any custom equipment with exclusions, you will need to modify the Exclusions field in your custom JSON like so:

```
"Exclusions": [
  "HarJel",
  "HarJel II"
]
```

# Fixes and Features:
* HarJels have now been fully implemented. The correct armor multipliers, exclusions, and BF abilities are now applied.
* SAW now correctly allocates space for ammo bins.
* Extended fuel tanks are now treated like explosive ammo for the purpose of BV calculations.
* Fixed a bug where Partial Wings could not be equipped if there were exactly enough free slots.
* Fixed a UI refresh issue when loading units with various chassis modifications in SAW.
* Removed the various "Upload to Solaris 7" options as S7 is not coming back (per Skyhigh).
* Fields were added to equipment so that SAW can properly allocate heatsinks.
* Fixed a bug where fractional accounting wasn't working correctly with poweramps.
* Fully implemented Radical Heat Sinks and corrected previous behavior.
* Fixed a rounding error when determining coolant pod bonuses in the Cost/BV Breakdown.
* SSW now enforces Nuclear/Fusion engines when equipment requires them.
* Added Beagle Active Probe (@Maelwys).
* Added Prototype Guardian ECM Suite (@Maelwys).
* Added Gauss Prototypes (@Maelwys)
* Added RISC Viral Jammers (@Maelwys)
* Adjust Prototype AC Ammo BV
* Update RHS to match the errata'd calculation of a bonus == ceil(NumHS * 0.4) instead of ceil(baseDissipation * 1.4)
* Update Pentagon Rocket Launchers BV
* Make PPC Capacitor available for both IS and Clan.
* Check for Armored Turrets in BV calcs and give turret full BV for front/rear arcs
* Update Chain Whip Damage Add to 3
* BV calcs properly sort by BV (highest first) then heat (lowest first)
* Fixed BV issues related to weapon sorting.
* Added `TripleStrengthMyomerAffectsBV` to physical weapons to account for TSM in BV calculations.
* Fixed incorrect ammo explosion BV penalty affecting quad mechs.
* SSW now accounts for armored turrets in BV calculations.
* Fixed incorrect BV multipliers for armored equipment.
* Updated various equipment BVs to reflect errata.
* Omnimechs are now properly restricted from equipping certain types of hardened armor.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2020, 12:27:57 by Insaniac99 »

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Re: Solaris Skunk Werks 0.7.0 Stable Release (Now 0.7.5!)
« Reply #105 on: 04 December 2020, 00:25:17 »
Do you guys have a patreon? PM me if necessary.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #106 on: 04 December 2020, 11:08:30 »
Do you guys have a patreon? PM me if necessary.

No one on the team takes any money for this.  Aside from the fact that we do it for fun, passion, insanity, and/or professional development; having any money involved would open a big ol' can of worms.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #107 on: 04 December 2020, 12:27:26 »
A Microsoft shaped can of worms?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #108 on: 07 December 2020, 17:42:03 »
A Microsoft shaped can of worms?

I never considered that.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #109 on: 12 December 2020, 17:39:42 »
Thank you!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #110 on: 13 December 2020, 09:46:48 »
How does the current version work with Windows 7? Still use a old laptop with it for my record sheet needs.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Ft_Hood

• Recruit
« Reply #111 on: 15 December 2020, 01:24:39 »
I am new to Skunk works.....what exactly do I download to start using this application?

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #112 on: 15 December 2020, 10:35:11 »
How does the current version work with Windows 7? Still use a old laptop with it for my record sheet needs.

Same as always.  It uses java.

I am new to Skunk works.....what exactly do I download to start using this application?

You need a java runtime and you need to download the release.  You probably also want a copy of the master files that are canon mechs, the most current stable release has a zip of them ready to go.

MechWarriorFox

• Corporal
« Reply #113 on: 25 December 2020, 05:07:13 »
So, could I recreate the Werewolf 005 variant in SSW? Just asking because I want to make a custom variant of that variant for an alpha-strike campaign.

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #114 on: 26 December 2020, 11:59:19 »
So, could I recreate the Werewolf 005 variant in SSW? Just asking because I want to make a custom variant of that variant for an alpha-strike campaign.

You could recreate it, yes.  It is also in the Master list of canon units that is maintained for SSW

Register