Author Topic: Revenant question  (Read 2981 times)

Aotrs Commander

• Warrant Officer
Revenant question
« on: 03 December 2020, 09:05:03 »
So I have finally got around to cracking open my pair of Revenants for assembly. I was somewht surprised to see the legs are not seperate (and thus not nearly as nightmarish as I thougth, maybe?) but appear to be joined in pairs by a strip of metal, which seems to slot into the lower hull.

I am conprehending correctly that I am supposed to, like, bend the legs a little on that strip to splay them out to the positions shown in the illustrations and the photo on the IWM site...?

I.e. from this:

to more like this

If so, are are any particular precautions I should take?

tristanaqaueusrodentbane

• Recruit
Re: Revenant question
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2020, 15:19:26 »
I did this to one of my revanants a few days ago. The metal bends fairly easily at the joints. I glued the legs into position first, then adjusted the positioning. Just avoid bending them too much or too many times.

Aotrs Commander

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2020, 15:31:57 »
Thanks. Will do that. I figured it was worth just checking before I did something stupid...!

(Having had the whole "put the Havoc's waist on backwards had to do it again last time," I figured the metaphorical equivilent of the old adage of measure twice cut once would be worth doing.)

tristanaqaueusrodentbane

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2020, 16:49:30 »
Take it from a guy who learned the does and don'ts of modifying models through trial and error on very pricey resin minis from a certain UK based company, measure twice cut once is the correct choice.  ;D

Aotrs Commander

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2020, 18:30:17 »

That did it, thanks. (Took me three tries to print a base big enough, mind.)

Way less fraught that I was expecting, I was thinking it was going to be like the Thunder Fox but worse. As it was, a lot easier and quicker than most; they are the quickest quads I think I've done thus far.

Sidenote - the Catapult II went together smooth as glass, too. Easiest and fastest assembly, I think of any mech I've done this year (that needed assembly), even with the seperate feet. Kudos, IWM.

Register