Author Topic: Battletech Beatdowns in Northern VA  (Read 140419 times)

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
Re: Battletech Beatdowns in Northern VA
« Reply #360 on: 16 January 2020, 13:20:21 »
from BattleTech Manual page 95, Templar has the 'easy to maintain' quirk.  Shadow Hawk has 'battlefists', 'Improved Life support', and 'ubiquitous'.  If you dont have BMM, i can look up whatever you need or you can borrow my book. 

yeah, Timbuktu is a fine base of operations.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #361 on: 16 January 2020, 23:17:00 »
Found the pages with the list of mechs and their quirks; thanks for pointing me in the right direction btw.

After looking up what each of the mechs in the company have, everyone of them is fine with the exceptions of the Command Mech on the Marauder and Wolverine.

Due to many refurbishments, repairs, etc. the Marauder and Wolverine have lost some of their efficiency.  These quirks can be repaired provided the rolls are good enough.

I've already got the OPFOR selected for next scenario.  Your unit is part of a mercenary battalion that is being sent to hunt down a group of pirates that managed to raid and steal a supply shipment.  Reports said the pirates were mostly in hovercraft with some mech support.  Local security forces have been having trouble neutralizing the menace because the pirates seem to have a camp located in a region that is riddled with swamps and marshes.

But due to the high number of jump capable mechs in your company, you all have been given the task, nay, the honor of hunting down these pirates.  You primary objectives are two fold:

1) Find where the stolen supplies are
2) Neutralize the pirates

Time is of the essence though; the pirates tend to move their camp frequently.  Good hunting!
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #362 on: 17 January 2020, 03:57:37 »
Good thing we have an Ostscout…  ^-^

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #363 on: 17 January 2020, 11:53:03 »
Eeeeee can it be next month already.  :D

Going to hit up ed, that whitworth may still change but the rest should be mostly locked in.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #364 on: 17 January 2020, 16:18:57 »
If it doesn't change, the Hunchback will be a good battle buddy for it.

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #365 on: 17 January 2020, 16:20:44 »
He's thinking Dervish with minor changes (ammo movement) or Wolverine-6M

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #366 on: 17 January 2020, 16:39:32 »
You KNOW what my preference would be... and the Shatter Hawk would work just fine with it too...  ^-^

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #367 on: 17 January 2020, 19:17:54 »
I've added some stuff to the company spread sheet about how much spare ammo, armor, weapons, etc. you all have available.  It comes out to around 1019 tons of supplies; which is pretty much the maximum you can squeeze into the drop ship (Union) when you take out the ASF bays.  The drop ship has a company of infantry onboard for security, so they're gonna take up space and you'll also need some space for food and water.  So we'll say 1020 is the maximum tonnage you can have for mech supplies; so you all have some wiggle room.

For those who don't have access to the spreadsheet, I've given a spare engine and gyro to every mech in the company.  I also gave enough spare weapons to replace every weapon on every mech once.  You all also have 300 tons of standard armor (total armor on mechs is 116 tons IIRC) and 100 tons of Ferro-Fibrous (which one mech has 8.5 tons of).  80 tons of standard internal structure and 20 tons of endo-steel.

For ammo, here's the break down:
LRM 20 tons
SRM 12 tons
AC20  10 tons
AC10  10 tons
AC10 (cluster)  10 tons
AC2  10 tons
MG  5 tons

30 spare single heat sinks and 20 double heat sinks.  30 jump jets for mechs less than or equal to 55 tons and 10 jump jets for mechs between 60 and 85 tons.

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves and make adjustments on the spreadsheet that is to your liking.  Jeff, I didn't want to post the link to the spreadsheet without your permission.  I'll let you decide if you want to message the link to the people that have recently joined.
« Last Edit: 21 January 2020, 19:25:40 by Jester006 »
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #368 on: 17 January 2020, 19:32:44 »
Sweet!  That's a hefty supply package there...  ^-^

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #369 on: 17 January 2020, 20:39:51 »
If anyone needs the link, just PM me.  That should be fine.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #370 on: 17 January 2020, 21:56:06 »
So just to make it official, the next game will be at Huzzah Hobbies on February 22nd starting at noon.

Due to the area where the mission is taking place being a giant swamp, any hex that isnt on elevated terrain will cost 1 additional movement point to enter.  Flyers, jumping, hovercraft, etc. ignore this penalty.  However, falling from level >= 1 or jumping can get your mech stuck.  If you jump or fall from the required height, you'll roll 2d6; you get stuck if you roll double 1s.  You can become unbogged in the following turn by making a pilot skill check and using 2 movement points.  You can also try to jump out provided you have jump jets that arent located in the legs.

Falling damage is also halved due to the softness of the ground.  The damage to your pride though wont be reduced.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #371 on: 18 January 2020, 05:16:26 »
So we roll 2d6... what number to we have to beat to avoid getting stuck?

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #372 on: 18 January 2020, 09:19:27 »
Based on his wording, a straight PSR gets you unstuck.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #373 on: 18 January 2020, 10:25:01 »
I just wanted to confirm it was a PSR...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #374 on: 20 January 2020, 18:16:45 »
So... if I drop my gunnery and piloting for a point, could we get a BAP for the Ostscout?

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #375 on: 20 January 2020, 20:43:34 »
So... if I drop my gunnery and piloting for a point, could we get a BAP for the Ostscout?

Short answer, no.

BAPs are just starting to be remanufactured in the IS.  Since you all are a mercenary unit operating in the periphery, it's not going to be readily available.

Luckily, the Ostscout's sensors are good enough to operate as though it had a BAP.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #376 on: 20 January 2020, 21:06:28 »
Rog... we'll see if there's anything else that might be worth cutting back from a 1 gunner...

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #377 on: 20 January 2020, 21:13:37 »
Well, that is only 1 of 2 pilots that have mechs with a head-capping weapon.

Stugg

• Recruit
« Reply #378 on: 21 January 2020, 11:30:31 »
Just wanted to say hello! I played the urban mechs for the past few games. Thanks for helping learn the game! I had set up to play the Phoenix hawk but was thinking about the Hatchetman. I know we are allowed to replace the weapons in our mechs, but can we swap out for a larger engines? I have a load out on mechfactory but cannot figure out how to put it up here yet.

~Roy

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #379 on: 21 January 2020, 14:03:37 »
Just wanted to say hello! I played the urban mechs for the past few games. Thanks for helping learn the game! I had set up to play the Phoenix hawk but was thinking about the Hatchetman. I know we are allowed to replace the weapons in our mechs, but can we swap out for a larger engines? I have a load out on mechfactory but cannot figure out how to put it up here yet.

~Roy

Glad to see you on the boards!

If you want to swap out the P.hawk for a Hatchetman with a bigger engine, you're more than welcome to.  You can post the specs here in whatever format you wish; just make sure the information is correct and clear.  I'll then use Heavy Metal to make a record sheet of the mech to print off.

Daryk has been rethinking if he should be running a mechwarrior with a 1 gunnery and 2 pilot skill.  If you can convince most of the other people to upgrade you mech or pilot, knock yourself out.  If you upgrade you pilot, they would go from a 3/4 to a 2/3.  If you upgrade your mech, you can either pilot a heavy mech instead of a medium, or you can take level 2 equipment for a medium.

We got plenty of time to talk things over and make tweaks here and there before the next game. 
« Last Edit: 21 January 2020, 14:08:41 by Jester006 »

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #380 on: 21 January 2020, 18:16:16 »
We got plenty of time to talk things over and make tweaks here and there before the next game. 
Oh dont worry, Daryk and I are still theory crafting alot of stuff.

Stugg,
 you can just spitball what you want on that HCT and I can whip it up to put in here. 

Known Glitch

• Warrant Officer
  • Why haven't we fixed this yet?
« Reply #381 on: 21 January 2020, 19:34:55 »
Is there room for a n00b in this one?  I'm down in C'ville but interested in coming up for the next round.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #382 on: 21 January 2020, 19:42:12 »
Is there room for a n00b in this one?  I'm down in C'ville but interested in coming up for the next round.

Yup.  There will be plenty of units to divvy out.  Spoiler alert, the OPFOR is a bunch of hovercraft.  So if you're not familiar with how vehicles work, you'll get some of that experience.

Known Glitch

• Warrant Officer
  • Why haven't we fixed this yet?
« Reply #383 on: 21 January 2020, 19:47:50 »
Great!  I played MW:DA for a bit but this will be my first go at the real thing.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #384 on: 21 January 2020, 20:02:03 »
Hovercraft?? Where'd we put that Thumper Artillery Cannon?  >:D

As for an up-engined Hatchetman, a customized Avenging Angel might be an easier sell...

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #385 on: 21 January 2020, 20:02:20 »
I'll be setting the game up at 11 AM on game day.  You're more than welcome to come early so I can give you a crash course of the rules or just to shoot the breeze.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #386 on: 21 January 2020, 20:04:54 »
Hovercraft?? Where'd we put that Thumper Artillery Cannon?  >:D

You mean the one that shoots out t-shirts?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #387 on: 21 January 2020, 20:06:18 »
They're as legit as Blazer Cannons during the Succession Wars...  ^-^

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #388 on: 21 January 2020, 20:08:39 »
They're as legit as Blazer Cannons during the Succession Wars...  ^-^

AOE has pretty much been the best option against fast movers.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #389 on: 21 January 2020, 20:10:01 »
Exactly... and you just gave us theorycrafters a reason to insert one...  ^-^

Register