Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.45.3 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 9926 times)

Terrace

• Lieutenant
Re: New Development Snapshot 0.45.3 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #30 on: 25 February 2019, 15:49:41 »
What restrictions do you mean?

I was fiddling around, hoping to make a 400,000 ton Warship with 4 Docking Hardpoints, only to be restricted to 2. I also looked back at a Jumpship design I had thrown together for giggles at 190,000 tons, again with 4 Docking Hardpoints, only this time I found one of the Hardpoints had gone missing and MML wouldn't let me put it back in.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #31 on: 25 February 2019, 16:00:10 »
I was fiddling around, hoping to make a 400,000 ton Warship with 4 Docking Hardpoints, only to be restricted to 2. I also looked back at a Jumpship design I had thrown together for giggles at 190,000 tons, again with 4 Docking Hardpoints, only this time I found one of the Hardpoints had gone missing and MML wouldn't let me put it back in.

I can't duplicate the 4 docking hardpoints.  Depending on how old that jumpship file is you might need to remake it.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 25 February 2019, 16:33:20 »
I can't duplicate the 4 docking hardpoints.  Depending on how old that jumpship file is you might need to remake it.

I had made it while using 0.45.1

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #33 on: 25 February 2019, 17:02:03 »
I had made it while using 0.45.1
I'd suggest remaking that from scratch. 
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #34 on: 25 February 2019, 20:08:11 »
The maximum number of hardpoints the ship can have is 1/50k tons, so the jumpship has a maximum of three. The original code was missing a zero and allowing 1/5k tons, but that was fixed in 0.45.3. So the removal of one from the jumpship is correct. A 400k ton warship should be able to have eight, so I can't see a reason for limiting you to two but since Hammer tried to reproduce it and couldn't my guess is that there's something wrong in the unit file.

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: 25 February 2019, 20:38:51 »
The maximum number of hardpoints the ship can have is 1/50k tons, so the jumpship has a maximum of three. The original code was missing a zero and allowing 1/5k tons, but that was fixed in 0.45.3. So the removal of one from the jumpship is correct. A 400k ton warship should be able to have eight, so I can't see a reason for limiting you to two but since Hammer tried to reproduce it and couldn't my guess is that there's something wrong in the unit file.

Easy enough fix for the Jumpship. Just add another 10k tons and that clears the problem right up.

I'll give the Warship a try later, see if that still happens. Maybe switch the rules level back and forth if it pops back up again.

Edit: Yep, that fixed it.
« Last Edit: 25 February 2019, 21:06:37 by Terrace »

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
A Civilian Help mission won't start, no matter who I deploy. When I click the start game button it won't even open the next dialog.

Two missions before that worked fine, the contract didn't give me any more missions in the next months until the enemy routed anyway.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
A Civilian Help mission won't start, no matter who I deploy. When I click the start game button it won't even open the next dialog.

Two missions before that worked fine, the contract didn't give me any more missions in the next months until the enemy routed anyway.

As mentioned further up the thread known bug and fixed for the next release.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
I read it all ... but it was a while ago, must have forgotten.  :D

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
For those that missed the new release post

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=64854.0

New releases will get sticky'd for now.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Register