Author Topic: MWO - February Free 'Mech - Grand Dragon  (Read 456 times)

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Re: MWO - February Free 'Mech - Grand Dragon
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2024, 16:18:41 »
A change from the norm in that you need specific objectives, but still pretty easy to get
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2024, 22:11:53 »
My partner is confused regarding the Counter ECM Locked Damage reward. I presume it's rewarded from lock-on weapons hitting an ECM ’Mech whose been disabled by your own ECM in Counter mode, but I may be incorrect. Is that how it works?
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2024, 05:46:49 »
My partner is confused regarding the Counter ECM Locked Damage reward. I presume it's rewarded from lock-on weapons hitting an ECM ’Mech whose been disabled by your own ECM in Counter mode, but I may be incorrect. Is that how it works?

Correct. Locked on missiles (LRMs, ATMs or Streak) either fired by yourself OR somebody else on your team hitting a target that you are countering ECM for that you have a lock on. So Streaks are often the easiest option, allowing you to counter, lock and fire rather than relying on friendlies to lurm for you.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2024, 10:04:44 »
Anyone else getting a 404 error on the MWO page when trying to access this event?
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: 15 February 2024, 17:42:02 »
Seems fine for me.  I already got some swag.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2024, 17:14:09 »
Anyone else getting a 404 error on the MWO page when trying to access this event?
No problem here.

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #7 on: 18 February 2024, 20:00:10 »
Locked on missiles (LRMs, ATMs or Streak) [...] fired by yourself
So I tried exactly this one match today and found that this very specifically doesn't seem to work. Far as I can tell, it must be fired by an ally, not the one looking to complete the challenge.

Fortunately, I have a reliable wingman to play with. Helped that same person and one other get it by being the wingman myself, too. lol
« Last Edit: 18 February 2024, 20:30:51 by Akamia »
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #8 on: 19 February 2024, 10:11:41 »
I hope they come up with new mech designs to introduce to the game. I like grinding through the monthly freebee designs, since I've not purchased any and usually gotten my collection of mechs through grind-giveaways etc with couple exceptions. 

I keep thinking they'll run out stuff sooner or later.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: 23 February 2024, 16:59:07 »
I hope they come up with new mech designs to introduce to the game. I like grinding through the monthly freebee designs, since I've not purchased any and usually gotten my collection of mechs through grind-giveaways etc with couple exceptions. 

I keep thinking they'll run out stuff sooner or later.

They'll offer variants, either existing or new.